Delegate Question Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is your veto of the The Bigfoot Surströmming Act , flouting the democratically expressed will of the majority, the shape of things to come under your delegacy? Is your vote always going to be worth more than that of 20 Regional Assembly members?

If so, I applaud you. A central tenet of Flemingovianism remains "one man one vote." At the moment, obviously, you are the man, and you have the vote.

What message do you have for those 20 Assembly members who have just had their democratic vote overruled?

Flemingovia:
Is your veto of the The Bigfoot Surströmming Act , flouting the democratically expressed will of the majority, the shape of things to come under your delegacy? Is your vote always going to be worth more than that of 20 Regional Assembly members?
If it is legislation like this, that will add to the already cluttered legal code, then I probably would veto it. Unless I considered it to be vital to the culture of the North Pacific. I will not veto all laws, I just strongly considered the Big Foot Act, while humorous to be unnecessary. Not only that, it would likely have been challenged in court and thrown out. I vetoed this legislation to save the courts time, and because it was unnecessary.

Flemingovia:
If so, I applaud you. A central tenet of Flemingovianism remains "one man one vote." At the moment, obviously, you are the man, and you have the vote.

The vote passed 20-19. Hardly a massive majority. I was within my constitutional powers, that I was elected to exercise.

Flemingovia:
What message do you have for those 20 Assembly members who have just had their democratic vote overruled?
Write better legislation,
If possible legislation that can make some parts of our legal code less complex, and at the very least be enforceable and relevant.

Why wasn't my question posted? I was asking about who you all have appointed or retained, and why no announcement has been made for purposes of transparency?

Govindia:
Why wasn't my question posted? I was asking about who you all have appointed or retained, and why no announcement has been made for purposes of transparency?

I suppose a mod hadn't been by.

madjack:
Can we coup yet? :>

No couping.

Govindia:

The cabinet has remained the same until the council elections have finished.

mcmasterdonia:
madjack:
Can we coup yet? :>

No couping.

Govindia:

The cabinet has remained the same until the council elections have finished.
Who appointed the deputies and when? I see three new deputies that were appointed.

Also since the election what appointments have you made and when? I had thought you had made an announcement yet, so why haven't you?

Eluvatar:
You may find this and this of interest :)
Sir, I was asking mcmasterdonia, the DELEGATE, not you.

And secondly, any appointments made outside of this forum are not official as they are not official forms of communication. They need to be made here.

So again, Delegate Mcmasterdonia, where are these appointments sir? There should be transparency in this government. Decisions made re: government matters should be on official forms of communication, and the only forms recognised are this forum, and the WFE/RMB.

IRC is not recognised.

Another question I have is why do you not utilise the primary IRC government channel #thenorthpacific, since Eluvatar and myself are often there? Why a separate channel that was created during ELuvatar's delegacy?

I think McMasterdonia should make even more government appointments on IRC. IRC provides an effective means of communication at a more rapid and efficient pace than a forum environment.

We should just use the IRC for everything, and just have this forum as welcoming area, announcement centre and archive.

You might find this informative, Gov.

And why are you objecting to the appointments being on IRC? The logs have been posted, after all - it's not like an IRC conversation that you didn't have access to which was never posted. And I believe Elu founded a channel so he would have control over who was in/not and who could speak. For instance, when they had private sessions last term.

IRC is not recognised as an official form of communication and not everyone has access to it or uses it.

And even before he left, which he made a reasonable post unlike Eluvatar did, he should have still announced his appointments to which office they are going to serve in, and to what posts the deputies will be assigned to.

He should do that to make the government transparent and accountable. Appointments on IRC are invalid. They need to be made on the forum, and it needs to be specified clearly what offices the councillors will be serving as, particularly their oaths.

That channel is Elu's channel, not anyone else's. There's already #thenorthpacific where people can have government discussions, as it was intended for when Dalimbar set it up a while back. That can and should be used for that purpose in my opinion :)

Govindia: I announced the appointment of some new Deputies here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8075091&t=6984617

Aurora for Deputy FA, Mall was joining the WA Affairs team. Scandigrad has continued as the Deputy Minister for Defence. And I believe that Mahaj will also be assisting Eluvatar as a deputy (this appointment was made by Eluvatar as the Minister). Alman will be serving as the Deputy Minister for Culture and Entertainment, appointed by Kingborough. I have not yet decided on a Deputy Minister for Communications, and I do not belive that Romanoffia has chosen one.

I do not use your channel as it is your channel. No member of the government has authority over it. It has never been recognized as the official government channel, you simply claim that. #Tnp-cabinet is used by the cabinet as our channel for meetings, it is public most of the time, and private sometimes. I use that as we used it for the entirety of Eluvatars Delegacy, I have OP in that channel, and it made sense to continue using the same one. I am not going to use #thenorthpacific. End of story. Also as you say Dalimbar set up that channel, he has since returned to IRC, feel free to return ownership to him.

Most Honorable Elected Delegate McMasterdonia,

I would like to call your attention to this post I just wrote and ask, most humbly, that if you knew that you had a PUPPET in your cabinet, then why you did not bring this matter to the TNP RA and/or SC?

Most humbly,

Lord Byron
Supreme Leader
God n Country n Byron

Zemnaya Svoboda is not a puppet.

Zemnaya Svoboda was the first nation I ever created in NationStates, actually. It's a bit of a mouthful for english-speakers though :P

flemingovia:
And who is the channel owner of #thenorthpacific, just out of curiosity?
I am right now Flem.

Mcmasterdonia: I don't see why you can't use my channel for cabinet meetings and minutes. What's wrong with using my channel as opposed to #tnp-cabinet? You would have OP to run your meetings and it can be conducted easily. #tnp-cabinet is not also a channel recognised by the government. Nor is #tnp, as it is not legislated as such. I've suggested legislating things but Eluvatar and others oppose it for no reason.

You haven't given a logical explanation to that part. Appointments needs to always be made publicly on the forum, not IRC. They are not recognised by the government here as it is not an official form of communication.

Govindia:
#tnp-cabinet is not also a channel recognised by the government. Nor is #tnp, as it is not legislated as such. I've suggested legislating things but Eluvatar and others oppose it for no reason.
Nor is #thenorthpacific

Actually if McMasterdonia recognizes #tnp-cabinet as the TNP Cabinet channel, #tnp-cabinet is recognized by the government.

Putting the admin hat on for a moment, can I remind folks that this is supposed to be a thread for questions to the Delegate?

Chasmanthe:
Delegate McMasterdonia, I have a question for you.

What is the government's official stance on the GGR?
The Government does not really have an official stance on the GGR. Other than to say we find them incredibly annoying on our RMB, and wish that they would leave us alone. Furthermore it should go without saying that we would never be interested in pursuing closer relations, and personally speaking I would enjoy seeing the founder cease to exist.

Eluvatar:
Actually if McMasterdonia recognizes #tnp-cabinet as the TNP Cabinet channel, #tnp-cabinet is recognized by the government.
No it's not. It has to be legislated and approved by the Regional Assembly

No it hasn't. But Gov owns #thenorthpacific, and thus can't be banned, leaving him free to harrass and ban people at will, which is what he wants.

Considering recent selections for the Gameplay R/D summit and the presence of two (maybe more?) of your Citizens as Reps to that summit, do you have any concerns regarding the summit?

Mall:
Considering recent selections for the Gameplay R/D summit and the presence of two (maybe more?) of your Citizens as Reps to that summit, do you have any concerns regarding the summit?
I am disappointed that none of the major feeder representatives were selected. However it is pleasing to know that some TNP citizens were selected, and I hope that they consider us in their deliberations and not simply the defender or raider organizations to which they belong. I am concered, as changes to gameplay can certainly affect us. I will be watching the summit with great interest, and have been communicating with other feeder delegates and we are all in agreement that it is disappointing that no major-feeder representative who put themselves forward was selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back