Delegate Question Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
madjack:
No it hasn't. But Gov owns #thenorthpacific, and thus can't be banned, leaving him free to harrass and ban people at will, which is what he wants.
Who said I was going to harass people at all?

Unlike some people, I don't abuse IRC ops.

My question still stands.

I believe the government should start utilising government channels in place before #tnp-cabinet was founded. Just because I own #thenorthpacific doesn't mean it's going to harm the government discussions or anyone else.

Govindia:
flemingovia:
And who is the channel owner of #thenorthpacific, just out of curiosity?
I am right now Flem.

Mcmasterdonia: I don't see why you can't use my channel for cabinet meetings and minutes. What's wrong with using my channel as opposed to #tnp-cabinet? You would have OP to run your meetings and it can be conducted easily. #tnp-cabinet is not also a channel recognised by the government. Nor is #tnp, as it is not legislated as such. I've suggested legislating things but Eluvatar and others oppose it for no reason.

You haven't given a logical explanation to that part. Appointments needs to always be made publicly on the forum, not IRC. They are not recognised by the government here as it is not an official form of communication.
Sir would you please clarify your response and explain why you can't make appointments publicly on the forum?

Mr. Delegate, can you please answer why you cannot consider using #thenorthpacific instead of #tnp-cabinet? I don't see how my being the owner of the channel affects anything when you would get ops.

Also, Mr. Delegate, where is the vote thread for the UDL WA Condemnation vote and discussion? I can no longer find it in the archives.

Govindia:
Mr. Delegate, can you please answer why you cannot consider using #thenorthpacific instead of #tnp-cabinet? I don't see how my being the owner of the channel affects anything when you would get ops.

Also, Mr. Delegate, where is the vote thread for the UDL WA Condemnation vote and discussion? I can no longer find it in the archives.
Govindia, I'm not going to use your channel. I don't have to use your channel. I don't want to use your channel. I'm not interested in using your channel. Please stop with the constant questions about it. Your channel is not an official TNP channel, despite the claims to the contrary.

Govindia:
I believe the government should start utilising government channels in place before #tnp-cabinet was founded.
Your channel is not a government channel, it's not recognized by the government as stated. Whereas TNP-cabinet is recognized by my goverment as it's cabinet channel.
I don't really care that it was created before #tnp-cabinet. #tnp-cabinet is the channel used for cabinet meetings, and will continue to be used for that purpose. I really don't see your fuss about it.

Did Delegate Eluvatar or Delegate Blue Wolf, or Delegate Grosseschnauzer use your channel for such purposes? No. Why do you expect me to use it?

I hope that it is crystal clear enough for you. My answer is not going to change, no matter how many times you ask the question. We have much more pressing matters to deal with than this.

In response to your second question, the UDL thread has been archived now.

An idea for an adspam requirement: every sentence must end with "in the bathroom" or "you jerks".

For instance, take one sentence ofthis recently-suppressed adspam and watch as it meets my requirement:
NOTE: may be offensive to anyone sane:
While The Nazi Reich launches blitzkrieg attacks against foolish democratic states , soldiers like you are needed to help us fufill our evil aims in the bathroom.

mcmasterdonia:
Govindia:

Govindia, I'm not going to use your channel. I don't have to use your channel. I don't want to use your channel. I'm not interested in using your channel. Please stop with the constant questions about it. Your channel is not an official TNP channel, despite the claims to the contrary.

Govindia:
I believe the government should start utilising government channels in place before #tnp-cabinet was founded.
Your channel is not a government channel, it's not recognized by the government as stated. Whereas TNP-cabinet is recognized by my goverment as it's cabinet channel.
I don't really care that it was created before #tnp-cabinet. #tnp-cabinet is the channel used for cabinet meetings, and will continue to be used for that purpose. I really don't see your fuss about it.

Did Delegate Eluvatar or Delegate Blue Wolf, or Delegate Grosseschnauzer use your channel for such purposes? No. Why do you expect me to use it?

I hope that it is crystal clear enough for you. My answer is not going to change, no matter how many times you ask the question. We have much more pressing matters to deal with than this.

In response to your second question, the UDL thread has been archived now.
Sir, you haven't answered my question at all. I am asking why you are unwilling to use that channel for at least one meeting, to give it a try? You haven't given me a reasonable explanation as to why you're not wanting to use it at all or why you are not interested. Simply saying you're not interested isn't a reasonable answer. Please kindly explain in a logical manner why you are unwilling to.

#tnp-cabinet is not an official channel because it is not recognised by the regional assembly via legislation or its Constitution, whereas the forum is.

Grosse nor Blue Wolf used any private IRC channel as far as I can tell.

and you haven't given any answer at all. I asked why you are unwilling to try to use it and you haven't given a reasonable answer. Why are you not interested? There should be a logical explanation sir and I believe the people should know.

And yes I realise the UDL thread has been archived but where? Why can't I see it with the other WA discussion threads? I don't understand why things are being hidden from us or why I continue to be excluded from TNP matters when I am asking logical, direct, reasonable questions and expect people to respond in a logical , reasonable, manner.

Yes I admit I am very logical.

Govindia I am going to attempt to answer this one last time. Frankly I am sick to death of you harassing me about a stupid fucking channel. You seem to me ignoring everything I say as it disagrees with your beliefs, or your strong sense of entitlement.

Govindia:
Sir, you haven't answered my question at all. I am asking why you are unwilling to use that channel for at least one meeting, to give it a try? You haven't given me a reasonable explanation as to why you're not wanting to use it at all or why you are not interested.

Please give me a damn logical reason why I should use your channel? You have presented no reason at all.
I am going to continue using #tnp-cabinet, as the channel I have full founder flags and access in it. It was used by the government for the past 6-8 months. Other members of the region know it is the government channel, they come there to ask questions of cabinet ministers.
Members of other regions come to visit to converse with the government in that channel.

Govindia:
#tnp-cabinet is not an official channel because it is not recognised by the regional assembly via legislation or its Constitution, whereas the forum is.

Yet your strong sense of entitlement again allows you to ignore that your channel is not either. Why the hypocrisy? Honestly if the RA has to legislate on every channel it uses for government purposes we have even bigger problems than I thought.
Lastly, as I am the head of the government, I can recognize any channel I like as our cabinet channel. #tnp for instance is our regional channel due to tradition, and the fact that a lot of highly respected TNP members frequent it, it does not require legal codification.

Govindia:
and you haven't given any answer at all. I asked why you are unwilling to try to use it and you haven't given a reasonable answer. Why are you not interested? There should be a logical explanation sir and I believe the people should know.
I think you would find nobody cares what channel the government uses for it's meetings as long as they know what channel it is, so they can access it. Nobody besides you has approached me and said "Mcmasterdonia! Will you please use govindia's channel for future cabinet meetings".

Lastly do not condescend me. Simply because you disagree with the answer given, as it does not satisfy your interests, does not mean that I am illogical.

I wish you would respect my wishes and stop harassing me with constant queries and questions about this, when I have clearly said that I am not interested in using your channel. I have given you very clear reasons why we are using the current channel.

You are ignoring those reasons. You will only be satisfied when your channel is actually recognized as a government channel, it will add to your arguments that #tnp is illegitimate.

Govindia I have been very patient with you in the past. I have really had enough. Cut it out. Not everything is personal, not everything is a vendetta to exclude you, not everything is about censoring you.

Also stop complaining about your posts being moderated. When you comment this does not come up in the active topics, it's only if I view the thread, or read this section of Delegates government do I even notice that there is a queued post.

Mr. Delegate, why, in your government, is the term "defense" clearly misspelled as "defence"? This is a disgrace to the armed forces of the North Pacific!

I DEMAND that it be converted to the PROPER 'Murrican spelling.

XstreetGif_USA.gif

Scandigrad:
Mr. Delegate, why, in your government, is the term "defense" clearly misspelled as "defence"? This is a disgrace to the armed forces of the North Pacific!

XstreetGif_USA.gif
The word "defence" is spelt in that way as it is in the one and true English language. It should not be confused with the more simplistic American language, adopted by the ignorant people running away from the glorious British Empire.

Such a shame... One day, quite soon I'm sure, you all will realise the mistake that made. Make your official language English once again, and swear your allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen.

Only then will peace truly last.

Mr Delegate, i fear any spelling of that word may be too complicated for our colonial cousins. can I suggest that when discussing military tactics you just point and use one syllable words like "you go hit dat wun."

This will ensure that at least one time out of three they hit the correct target.

pip pip.

I understand the UDL thread is archived, but why is it not in the regular WA archives? I wanted to see the rest of the discussion from where I left off ...

Delegate McMasterdonia, what happened to the old oaths of office thread?

Secondary question, related: don't you feel that some Citizens may see this as odd, in the light of the recent suggestion that Madjack may not have sworn an oath of office when he was appointed temporary justice?

The old oaths of office thread was removed as many posts in it had the old oath, and people were using that instead of the new one (even though the new one was in the opening post). I decided to remove it and create a new one, so that all oaths taken will use the correct oath.

And people may find that odd, but it is a mere coincidence. I only heard from your post just now that Madjack had not posted the oath. The archives are public and people are free to check them.

Thank you for your answer. I couldn't find them in the archives I will check again.

EDIT: Is it here ? I got an error when accessing that.

mcmasterdonia:
Scandigrad:

XstreetGif_USA.gif
The word "defence" is spelt in that way as it is in the one and true English language. It should not be confused with the more simplistic American language, adopted by the ignorant people running away from the glorious British Empire.

Such a shame... One day, quite soon I'm sure, you all will realise the mistake that made. Make your official language English once again, and swear your allegiance to Her Majesty the Queen.

Aye Mr. Delegate!

tumblr_mhhi1qbnSn1s4b0tho1_400.gif

Lol Alicia.

And yes that is it Chasmanthe. I don't know why you can't access it. I just used the auto tool to archive it, so Idk where it's going or what masking is required for that area.

can it be fixed?

I also still cannot find the WA thread that is archived for the UDL Condemnation vote. Would you please provide a link, Mr. Delegate?

Eluvatar:
Taken care of.
It shouldn't have taken a week to respond to something so simple.

Why was it hidden all this while from the archive ? Up until recently I never ever saw that thread in the WA Archive.

mcmasterdonia:
Scandigrad:

XstreetGif_USA.gif

Mr. Delegate, would you be in favour of formally instituting British/Australian Orthography on the forum as a symbolic gesture that we colonials (former) in the States haven't spoken English in 230 some odd years?

Oh, and will Hawks ice Dodge in round one? :P

Govindia:
Eluvatar:
Taken care of.

Why was it hidden all this while from the archive ? Up until recently I never ever saw that thread in the WA Archive.
Govindia, I have approved this post. But I had to think about it first. While it is not a TOS violation, it IS annoying. The first comment assumes nothing could be more important to tend to your request. The second part insinuates there was something deliberately obstructionist about the archive. It has given me a headache and now I am going to go lie down.

Great Bights Mum:
Govindia:
Eluvatar:
Taken care of.

Govindia, I have approved this post. But I had to think about it first. While it is not a TOS violation, it IS annoying. The first comment assumes nothing could be more important to tend to your request. The second part insinuates there was something deliberately obstructionist about the archive. It has given me a headache and now I am going to go lie down.
With all due respect ma'am, the first part was a bit of a concern that questions re: admin moving things were taking slow, be it from me or anyone else.

Secondly, I had asked this question before and no I hadn't seen it in the Archive, which is why I asked. I don't ask questions just for the sake of asking.

From what I can tell other moderators looked and failed to understand the problem. This is a shame.

When I have time I will try and change the settings so that this doesn't keep happening.

Right now, I am going with RA members or people who have a permanent WA nation in the region and are not in the RA.

On really controversial resolutions, I guess we will have to be prepared and make some exceptions so that we can try and make sure that people aren't voting all over the NS world just to push a vote a certain way. Recent forum activity requirements can be helpful with that. Though it seems unlikely that we will have such a controversial resolution as the WA has been relatively boring as of late.

mcmasterdonia:
Right now, I am going with RA members or people who have a permanent WA nation in the region and are not in the RA.

On really controversial resolutions, I guess we will have to be prepared and make some exceptions so that we can try and make sure that people aren't voting all over the NS world just to push a vote a certain way. Recent forum activity requirements can be helpful with that. Though it seems unlikely that we will have such a controversial resolution as the WA has been relatively boring as of late.
Does this mean that RA members without a WA in TNP are allowed to vote?

Evidence log:

<r3n>: Asta, can you tell me again what the first thing is?
<r3n>: or how the text describes it
<Asta>: "coefficient"
<r3n>: that's it?
<Asta>: literally >_>
<flemingovia>: wtf? (observed1 ? expected1)2/expected1 + (observed2 ? expected2)2/expected2 + … + (observedk ? expectedk)2/expectedk.
<Asta>: for each it gives "Coefficient", "Adj.R^2", and "Number of cases"
<Asta>: I left off the third column cause idc
<r3n>: my guess is that this coefficient is what the author gets from the regression
<Asta>: probably
<Asta>: so how does larger turn into smaller :<
<r3n>: i.e., the parameter of the linear model
<flemingovia>: How, and why, would anyone do this stuff?
<r3n>: so, it is not a measure of fit
<Asta>: for pain, flem
<r3n>: it is just what model regression gave them
<Asta>: what do you mean, r3n? >_>
<r3n>: if the measure of fit (i.e., the adjusted R^2) is small, then it says that this model is bad
<r3n>: when you do linear regression, it gives you the best line you can fit to your data
<r3n>: as well as a measure of how well this line fits the data
<Asta>: oo..kaaay.. but this adjr2 isn't that?
<r3n>: I assume here the first coefficient is the... coefficient of the linear model
<r3n>: and the adjR^2 is the measure of how well this line fits the data
<r3n>: so, if adjr2 is low, you can ignore the first
<Asta>: I don't understand :|
<Asta>: you just said it wasn't a measure of fit..
<COE>: First number is the slope of the line, and second number is how close the line is to hitting all the data points
<COE>: Am I right, r3n?
<Asta>: and it still seems arbitrary to cut off .09 and not .11...
<flemingovia>: please, please, for the love of all that is holy......

Can I suggest to the delegate that we close our in-game embassy with Osiris? it's continuation could be construed as support for the current junta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back