Regional Assembly Membership Applications

Grosseschnauzer:
Welcome to The North Pacific. We highly recommend you apply for membership in the Regional Assembly. Members of this body can:
  • Vote in elections;
  • Hold public office;
  • Debate and vote on legislation;
  • File court cases;
  • And much more.
Step 1: Meet the requirements
Membership in the Regional Assembly does not require WA membership, but you must meet the following requirements:
  • You must have a nation in The North Pacific;
  • You must not have more than one account on this forum (Administrators may grant exemptions under special circumstances);
  • You must not use a proxy server.
Step 2: Take the oath
Fill in and post the following application:
[Link to your nation in The North Pacific here.]
[Link to your nation in the World Assembly here, only if you have one.]

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of [INSERT YOUR TNP NATION], pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.
You can view the criminal code you are promising to obey HERE.

Please note: You must provide your WA nation and any possible switchers you have. It is not sufficient to just say that they're classified. If you wish to keep your WA nation and switchers confidential contact the current Registrar for WA nations. The name of the current Registrar can be found on the left-hand side of this page.

Step 3: Participate in the region
Most of the time, your application will be approved within a few days. When this happens, you will be placed in a usergroup that allows you to post in forums set aside for the Regional Assembly. You are allowed to vote in any voting thread that begins AFTER you are admitted. You are allowed to vote in any election that begins 15 days after you are admitted. Please note that to stay a member of the Regional Assembly, you must log into the forum every so often, maintain a nation in The North Pacific, and vote on matters before the Regional Assembly from time to time. For more details on these membership requirements, ask the Speaker.

Step 4: Update your membership record as necessary
You must post in this thread if:
  • Your TNP Member changes;
  • You want to resign from the Regional Assembly.
BEFORE your World Assembly nation changes, you must either:If you have any questions, ask the Speaker or their designated deputy. They will be more than happy to help you get started.

Enjoy your time in The North Pacific!

Try to keep all off-topic posts out of this topic. It will help streamline the process.
The Theocracy of Anceally

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of The Theocracy of Anceally, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific. :cheese: :cheese: :muffin: :cheese: :cheese:

Republic of Long Island
Isidor C Stark

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Republic of Long Island, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Anceally and Isidor C. Anumia, welcome to the RA!

King Durk the Awesome, your application has been completed according to all posted instructions, and the admin team has verified that you are not using a proxy or evading a judicial penalty at this time. Thus, I am compelled to accept your application.

Greater Scientifica

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Greater Scientifica, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Wairos

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Wairos, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=spuddington
http://www.nationstates.net/nation=spuddsvania

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Spuddington, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Sorry for leaving for a while- my life suddenly got crazy

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Lucidity, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=taracia
I have no World Assembly nation

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Taracia, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Taracia, does not pass the initial IP scan. I would like another admin to also review my findings.

I agree with Punkd. It appears to be a proxy (FEC thought the same), good work. Taracia please make sure you are posting from your home computer and not using a proxy and you may reapply.

mcmasterdonia:
I agree with Punkd. It appears to be a proxy (FEC thought the same), good work. Taracia please make sure you are posting from your home computer and not using a proxy and you may reapply.
My home computer uses a VPN not a proxy server, if that is a problem then please consider my application withdrawn and I'll find another region to get involved in.

mcmasterdonia:
I have asked Root Admin Flemingovia to consider this matter further.
Whatever the decision thankyou for your consideration and if you do decide to decline me then it's your forums so your rules :)

With regret, we cannot adequately security check a VPN, so cannot pass the security check on this application.

Good call by punkd and the others.

In that case I apologise for taking up the Speaker and administrators time, thank you for your consideration of the matter and will perhaps meet some of you in other regions.

My TNP nation: Fli
My WA nation: Changes every 12 hours

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Fli, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Solm, you are conditionally admitted to the RA, pending a routine security check.

A note on WA nations: the frequent use of "switchers" does not exempt members of the RA from laws requiring World Assembly nations to be reported to the Registrar (Erastide/Former English Colony) before WA status is applied to such nations. You may find it useful to compile a list of such nations and submit them to her in advance to avoid breaking the law. If you have questions about the policy, feel free to send her or me a PM on the forum, or catch one of us on IRC.

TNP NationThe Commonwealth of Vladivostak
WA NationThe Commonwealth of Vladivostak

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Vladivostak, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Thank you Mr/Madam Speaker and Councilmen Former English Colony for the very warm welcome! I look forward to partaking in The New Pacific government! :-)

btw, I did read the application process thoroughly. Does this count as "admission" or you are only admitted after the security check? (meaning can I vote on non-electoral things now? or do I wait for the security check?)

Thank you so much!

Sovreignry North Pacific
USS Aventine

I, the leader of The North Pacific nation of Sovreignry North Pacific, pledge loyalty to The North Pacific, obedience to her laws, and responsible action as a member of her society. I pledge to only register one nation to vote in The North Pacific. I pledge that no nation under my control will wage war against the North Pacific. I understand that if I break this oath I may permanently lose my voting privileges. In this manner, I petition the Speaker for membership in the Regional Assembly of the North Pacific.

Vladivostak, you are a member of the RA now, and you can vote on anything that comes to vote after today. So you can't vote on the proposal currently at vote, since the voting period began after you were admitted, but as soon as anything else goes to vote, you can vote on that. Does that make sense?

Reginald Carmichael, I must reject your application as you are already in the RA ;) Sorry for the masking mix-up!

Mr. Speaker, yes perfectly clear. But how about the appointment approval vote on hand for the security council? I thought that happened after my admission.

Also is that considered an electoral vote (of which I cannot vote on until 15 days after my admission) or not?
unfortunately I did post an abstention on the security council approval. If that was against the law, it was out of ignorance and not malicious intent. If it was illegal, could that be struck null and void ASAP?

im sorry if i have cause any inconvenience.

Vladivostak:
Mr. Speaker, yes perfectly clear. But how about the appointment approval vote on hand for the security council? I thought that happened after my admission.

Also is that considered an electoral vote (of which I cannot vote on until 15 days after my admission) or not?
unfortunately I did post an abstention on the security council approval. If that was against the law, it was out of ignorance and not malicious intent. If it was illegal, could that be struck null and void ASAP?

im sorry if i have cause any inconvenience.
Don't worry, the rest of us are just as clueless. :lol: Vote and let COE sort it out. That's the easiest option!

Back