Progressive Party

Belschaft:
I mainly want to clarify whether the party logo should be used/shown next to their blurb, or whether they are running as an independent (whilst remaining in the party).
Ah ok. Well, understood in that case.

I've realised that at this time I cannot physically be VD.

I will point out that McMasterdonia has been rather quiet! I openly encourage him to consider any of the offices available in the general election.

The best of luck to all who take part in the Co5 elections and the General elections.

KiwiTaicho:
I've realised that at this time I cannot physically be VD.

I will point out that McMasterdonia has been rather quiet! I openly encourage him to consider any of the offices available in the general election.

The best of luck to all who take part in the Co5 elections and the General elections.
[me]hugs Kiwi

I hope you still plan to take an office in TNP. You seem like a good candidate :)

*Super hugs for all!*

I will still be campaigning for my Council of Five seat again but I cannot be VD right now :( Perhaps next time.

The primary is only a guide is it not? I don't think we should punish people for campaigning in elections - even if they didn't win/challenge for the primary.

The fact is that voters are much wider than just the progressive party, we are the largest political party in that grouping. Given that, we have the ability to field more than one candidate, I don't think we should do that at all. We would just end up with very boring elections.

Queen Ravenna:
Eluvatar:
Thing is we already had a primary <_<
What's the problem?.. :pinch:
Well, before official nominations opened we spent the best part of the week selecting official ProP candidates. We went through nominations, discussed it at the Seventh Congress, and then voted on a ProP Party List.

I'm confused.

Just select the "Lead Candidate/s" while the rest is still rightful party's candidates, and nobody feels discriminated then.

I don't think as a party we should impose on the liberty of our members on what elections they can/cannot contest. For this election, I saw the party list as being a kind of 'how to vote card'. We have no way of enforcing it, and I don't think we should try to.

It's also my view that the more progressive challenging the election the better, individually we may get votes from different parts of the community.

Apologies for missing the congress this morning. I was enjoying my sunday morning sleep in. This may give us a chance to add more to the agenda however.

The votes from last week are closed.

Expel Haxstree: Abstain
Total: 8:3:5

Haxstree is expelled, right before I was about to remove him for not having a known TNP nation :P

Ban Multi-party Membership: Aye
Total: 14:2:0

This resolution has passed and will be added to the listing of resolutions.

Nominations in the First ProP General Election Primary are open!

We are going to elect a party candidate for Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Speaker!

1. Eluvatar
  2. Gulliver
  3. Whamabama
  4. A Mean Old Man
  5. Felasia
  6. Blue Wolf II
  7. Todd McCloud
  8. Earth
  9. Hileville
  10. mcmasterdonia
  11. Abbey Anumia
  12. Finn
  13. Gladio
  14. KiwiTaicho
  15. Oriole Electronics
  16. Belschaft
  17. Kogvuron
  18. Tim
  19. FALCONKATS
  20. Prince Windsor
  21. Camwood
  22. Queen Ravenna
  23. Kingborough

1. Grosseschnauzer
  2. Unibot
  3. Pasargad
  4. Haor Chall
  5. Romanoffia
  6. flemingovia
  7. Great Bights Mum
  8. Scandigrad
  9. Zaolat
  10. Funkadelia
  11. Ator People
  12. peoples empire
  13. Isimud
  14. Agasteon Empire
  15. The Palindromic Land
  16. collettiquette
  17. Sanctaria
  18. Blackshear
  19. Govindia
  20. Redamerica
  21. Tyler
  22. Empire of Narnia
  23. Enif
  24. Hushland
  25. Gladio
  26. GMLP
  27. punk d
  28. Ravania
  29. Chasmanthe
  30. Cormac Stark
  31. Mahaj
  32. The Archer
  33. Detbyron
  34. Kannedom
  35. Tim
  36. Divine Fire
  37. Ganzjar
  38. FALCONKATS
  39. Isidor C. Stark
  40. John Ashcroft Land
  41. Ananke
  42. Tyfa
  43. Barbakiueria
  44. madjack

I nominate mcmasterdonia for Delegate.

I nominate mcmasterdonia and Finn for Vice Delegate.

I nominate Hileville, Oriole Electronics, and Kingborough for Speaker.

mcmasterdonia:
I nominate Eluvatar for Delegate.

I accept :tb2:

Nominations:

Delegate
- Candidates: mcmasterdonia, Eluvatar

Vice Delegate
- Nominees: mcmasterdonia, Finn, Tim

Speaker
- Nominees: Gulliver, Hileville, Oriole Electronics, Kingborough

Nominations:

Delegate

Vice Delegate

Speaker
- Candidates: Kingborough
- Nominees: Gulliver, Hileville, Oriole Electronics

Nominations:

Delegate

Vice Delegate

Speaker
- Nominees: Gulliver, Oriole Electronics
- Declined: Hileville

Nominations:

Delegate

Vice Delegate
- Candidates: Finn
- Nominees: mcmasterdonia, Tim

Speaker
- Nominees: Oriole Electronics, Gladio
- Declined: Hileville, Gulliver

I'm told the party congress that was supposed to happen today didn't materialize. If that's the case, is there a chance it could be rescheduled? Because the proposed business really should be resolved.

Gulliver:
I'm told the party congress that was supposed to happen today didn't materialize. If that's the case, is there a chance it could be rescheduled? Because the proposed business really should be resolved.
That is correct. I was the only person who showed up, and I couldn't speak as I was on my phone and not voiced.

I'm now on holiday and won't be able to attend a congress till Friday.

Also, does anyone know when judicial elections are? I thought they were due to happen the same time as the general election.

Yes, and apologies Bel, I slept in and probably missed it by about an hour.

We were just discussing Judicial elections on IRC.. In short we have no idea when they are. Basically it was agreed that the current justices are serving for 7 months in total. The next round of elected justices will serve for 4 months. When those terms start or end, I really have no idea.

It's clearly stated in the omnibus which is still linked to from the news box <_<

15. The election cycle for the 6-month terms of the Chief Justice, the two Associate Justices, and the Attorney General will begin on the first days of the months of April and October March, July, and November.

I'm kind of glad the congress didn't happen today, as I was away all day and would have missed it - can we reschedule then, as suggested?

Eluvatar:
It's clearly stated in the omnibus which is still linked to from the news box <_<

15. The election cycle for the 6-month terms of the Chief Justice, the two Associate Justices, and the Attorney General will begin on the first days of the months of April and October March, July, and November.
:console: :hug: Guessing is far more fun....

mcmasterdonia:
Eluvatar:

:console: :hug: Guessing is far more fun....
Ah, ok. New term lengths/periods.

Back