The Point

Let's see how active this forum becomes in the next few days. :D

Negotiating is for fools. Either you win or you lose. That simple. Now, coming to a mutually beneficial arrangement between parties where common interests are met, that is the real deal.
How would the "mutually beneficial arrangement" come to be?! By "negotiation"?! :blink:

Negotiating is for fools. Either you win or you lose. That simple. Now, coming to a mutually beneficial arrangement between parties where common interests are met, that is the real deal.
How would the "mutually beneficial arrangement" come to be?! By "negotiation"?! :blink:
It's an offer that has no need for any negotiation at all. It is what it is.

I can make an offer Gates can't refuse and it won't affect this region any more than removing L&C and freeing up Gatesville from the waste of time and resources being an foreign army of occupation. I'm just pointing Gatesville in a more profitable direction that benefits TNP by unseating a fascist rogue dictator.

This is a limited time offer with a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee. ;D

If Gatesville doesn't want it, there are a few other customers champing at the bit on this offer. Either way, the end result will be that Gatesville goes home and L&C goes away and Democracy returns to the region.

:w00t:

Now that's a typical low-rent response from the neo-Francosist in sheep's clothing Crimson trailer park denizens. :P

If its such a failsafe offer then why the delay in making it?! I assume that if Gatesville have even the slightest concern about the offer then its out the window as negotiation is for losers!! ;)

History suggests the "plan" is actually nothing at all and if, after a few weeks or months L&C loses his position as Delegate of TNP you'll be trumpeting the success of the "plan" without ever giving details of the plan nor how it was implemented!!

BW is probably closer to the mark than you'd like to let on!! ;)

Gates is a flake. Being logical and consistent is not a Gates characteristic. Today Gatesville supports L&C, tomorrow it may be different. In fact, it will be different.

When L&C loses his position of Delegate, I will rejoice. I will also have to hand the credit for L&C falling down to L&C. He is doing a good job of failing all on his own with no help from anyone else.

And why is it that whenever some transient rogue delegate comes along, you immediately jump on his bandwagon and then come crawling back to us when that delegate falls flat on his arse?

And why do we keep welcoming you back when you come crawling back on your knees asking for forgiveness? I guess its because we are forgiving slobs. I doubt that will be the case before too long.

This time we might not be too forgiving, but we can make an exception in your case because you seem to serve us well when you aren't toadying up to the next rogue that comes down the pike.

:fish:

You should write articles for some little state sponsored newspaper in some god forsaken third world hellhole. You spin and craft lies so well it would make everyone of those hapless victims believe that they were the richest and most fortunate individuals to ever grace the green ground of the gods good earth even whilst the truth dangles right in front of their faces.

It's quite a talent, exploitation of said skill is highly recommended and in high demand.

Is that a bit more of the high brow response you were so desperately seeking or should I just throw my wool hood back on and pretend to eat grass while making odd "baaaa" like noises? It seems to work out well enough for you.

Hi Pots long time no see. Romanoffia am I a cornflake, snowflake please specify.
Pots?! :P Oh, my alter ego Polts Pot, maybe?!

I take it Roman's "too good to refuse" plan had as much substance as his regular posts?!

I always thought of you as more of a cornflake!! A breakfast cereal is full of goodness and it is damn noble of Roman to describe you as such!!

BW: Spin and propaganda has to be at least believable to be of any use and even those on his side cringe at the fantasy that comes from his keyboard!!

Hi Pots long time no see. Romanoffia am I a cornflake, snowflake please specify.
That's a tough delineation to make there, Gates. Since you called Polts "Pots", I think we need to come up with a new category of 'flake'.

Hmmmmm...

I think dandruff flake may suffice! :fish:

8 hours left on that limited time offer, Gates! :kiss:

R

P.S: having more fun than a human being should be allowed to have!

And what is your limited offer Romanoffia I’ve yet to hear it ? GBM has stated she will not deal with Gatesville. On another note although we are at war against each other I’ve chatted with Flem and GBM. They are some of the finest folk that I ever came across in all of NS.

And what is your limited offer Romanoffia I’ve yet to hear it ? GBM has stated she will not deal with Gatesville. On another note although we are at war against each other I’ve chatted with Flem and GBM. They are some of the finest folk that I ever came across in all of NS.
Didn't I detail the offer to you in a PM several days ago?

Essentially, neither region would have to deal with the other which is the whole point. ;D

Well I never got the thing. You know Romanoffia you’ve just strengthened Gatesville’s resolve If you’re the official spokesman for the rebel group and I assume you are, for not one of them have come forth and repudiated you. Insult me as you wish but my army will follow me do their death if required of them so this fight will be a long fight.

Gates, I'm pretty sure Roman does not speak for the Government in Waiting. He is not a part of its executive, and he's certainly not the Minister of External Affairs.

Good, Gates, because I intend to get your dander up. :fish:

You just can't help yourself but to frequent the real TNP forum, can you? Of course, I can't blame you given that L&Cs circus is about as active as the dust in an Egyptian tomb. OR should I say the dust on Lenin's corpse in Red Square?

You'll be OK once you fill that prescription. It's alright. We understand.

:hug:

Khark, I am interested in the post you have made on the RMB. Does this mean that you have turned your attentions to the Rejected Realms and Lazarus? Is this a Crimson Order thing, or a personal project?

Its a personal project. While I do like Westwind, I'm thinking of getting less involved in TNP, as I believe there is unchecked cronyism in his government that he needs to get under control.

While I still hold my loyalties there, I'll give you a show of good will and inform you that you should change the password to "The Voting Booth" if you ever intend to use it again, as I still have it. I'm not one to screw with elections, but doing that would remove the temptation. ;)

Its a personal project. While I do like Westwind, I'm thinking of getting less involved in TNP, as I believe there is unchecked cronyism in his government that he needs to get under control.
Unchecked cronyism? Like...the same people always staying in power?

Didn't someone once leave here because of that?

Oh snap.

Oh, its here too. Its nearly everywhere.
Actually, crony-ism doesn't exist here at all, which is why we have the current situation. We have always invited in new blood, but unfortunately that has invited in people like Lewis and Clark who take advantage of the system and out openness to overthrow a system that encourages openness and democracy.

Electing long standing friends to the delegacy isn't crony-ism as L&C and others claim it is - it is electing those whom you have trust in to the delegacy. When you elect delegates you don't really know, this is the crap you end up with. You can't trust people you don't really know.

Ironically, Lewis and Clark has set up the very crony-istic system he allegedly claimed to abolish. But what is funny is the fact that all revolutions devour their own children. L&C will devour the very people who helped him go rogue. And then he will be gone.

R

Electing long standing friends to the delegacy isn't crony-ism as L&C and others claim it is - it is electing those whom you have trust in to the delegacy. When you elect delegates you don't really know, this is the crap you end up with. You can't trust people you don't really know.
You're right.

We never really knew Pixie.
We never really knew Matty.
We never really knew Dali.

Oh why did we elect these unknown strangers?! We must learn from our mistakes and never do that again!

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us four times…god damn it, why would you do that?! That’s not fair!

We never really knew Pixie.
We never really knew Matty.
We never really knew Dali.

Oh why did we elect these unknown strangers?! We must learn from our mistakes and never do that again!

Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us four times…god damn it, why would you do that?! That’s not fair!
Excellent idea, we should elect only people who have no idea what they are doing and are completely new to our region.

I suggest our next delegate be Ontoxtefe. He's the only one we can really trust.

After all, everyone else has been around too long compared to him.

You clearly missed my point, or you are just pretending to be an idiot, which I hope, for your sake, is what you where doing.

I was suggesting that it doesn't matter how long we've known the delegate elect or how long they've been in TNP. If they are going to overthrow the government, they will.

Perhaps you should look into the reason why these delegates went "rogue" rather than just bitch and never learn anything from your past.

However, this being TNP, I don't think that will happen but your more than welcome to try and prove me wrong.

You clearly missed my point, or you are just pretending to be an idiot, which I hope, for your sake, is what you where doing.

I was suggesting that it doesn't matter how long we've known the delegate elect or how long they've been in TNP. If they are going to overthrow the government, they will.

Perhaps you should look into the reason why these delegates went "rogue" rather than just bitch and never learn anything from your past.

However, this being TNP, I don't think that will happen but your more than welcome to try and prove me wrong.
The reason would be because they were impatient.

So...elect only patient delegates?

Because they are all think that was the only way to change thing here, for the sake of power! What did you think.... When someone have power they use it. Give him only the power of his word then life will be less complicated here.

You are totally obseded by changing the way of TNP, that you have forgot the only real thing that make a region alive, is community. You bitch on the old guard because they stop us to do the change you want, but you are not able to work with them or make action that will prove your point. Old member are surely the best tools that you can get to make sure this community will continue to be alive, In RL they will be your granpa or your grandmother....Oh then kick your parents out of your house if you want but that will not give you the respect that you need to change the way here.

Its a circle that you will not able to exist, if someone overthrow you, then someone else will think the same. You need to stop this absurdity.

Actually, crony-ism doesn't exist here at all, which is why we have the current situation. We have always invited in new blood, but unfortunately that has invited in people like Lewis and Clark who take advantage of the system and out openness to overthrow a system that encourages openness and democracy.
Provided said "new blood" sung from the same song sheet as the "old guard"!! You missed that part out!! L&C, Dalimbar and Emperor Matthius all said what they knew you wanted them to say to get elected and then went "rogue" anyway!!

Electing long standing friends to the delegacy isn't crony-ism as L&C and others claim it is - it is electing those whom you have trust in to the delegacy.

It is actually, but with regards to a Delegate cronyism isn't such a bad thing for the reason you mentioned!! although sometimes even cronyism bites you on the arse!! As is clearly visible from TNP's history!!

When you elect delegates you don't really know, this is the crap you end up with. You can't trust people you don't really know.

Are you telling me you didn't know Dalimbar, Emperor Mathius and Lewis & Clark very well?! My BS meter nearly went off scale!!

Ironically, Lewis and Clark has set up the very crony-istic system he allegedly claimed to abolish. But what is funny is the fact that all revolutions devour their own children. L&C will devour the very people who helped him go rogue. And then he will be gone.

R

So you keep saying....in every thread!! When beginning a "revolution" for want of a better word you would be negligent not to surround yourself with trusted allies in the beginning!! Once the system is settled, and I have no idea when that will be (if ever!!) as I'm largely inactive these days, then it can open itself to the dynamics that allow new people to participate!! Of course, the extent of that is dependent on the system in place!!

But under both systems cronyism is rife!! The difference between a small group of people voting each other into office each election or someone appointing people to office as needed is minimal, in my opinion!!

Back