The Point

L&C, Dalimbar and Emperor Matthius all said what they knew you wanted them to say to get elected and then went "rogue" anyway!!

Hello, your lordship. Good to see you. I wonder if you could clarify the point I quoted. You seem to be saying that LC, EM and Dali lied in order to get the delegacy.

Hello, your lordship. Good to see you. I wonder if you could clarify the point I quoted. You seem to be saying that LC, EM and Dali lied in order to get the delegacy.
At ease!!

I have no idea if they lied or had a change of heart once elected!! L&C was an advocate for change leading up to the election and was a driver of the reforms that were made but then ditched it all shortly after getting elected for reasons he has communicated!! My point was that in order to get elected in TNP (unless there is a lack of candidates for whatever reason such as the time I won an election!!) you have to sing from the same song sheet as the old guard or, at the very least, doing so would enhance your chances of getting elected!! Now, whether people would use that knowledge to get elected under false pretences, I wouldn't know!!

I wouldn't say the possibility is completely outside reality!!

I hope that answers your question!!

Check out John Ashcroft Land's campaign thread here.

He didn't "sing from the same song sheet," yet he garnered some "Old Guard" support. Here's who voted for L&C: Poltsamaa, Haor Chall, Joshua, Isimud, HEM, Outer Kharkistania, and two others.

Political claptrap is one thing. Outright lying is another matter altogether.

Check out John Ashcroft Land's campaign thread here.

He didn't "sing from the same song sheet," yet he garnered some "Old Guard" support. Here's who voted for L&C: Poltsamaa, Haor Chall, Joshua, Isimud, HEM, Outer Kharkistania, and two others.

Political claptrap is one thing. Outright lying is another matter altogether.
JAL has long sung from your songsheet!! I think thats what got him over the line!! As for L&C, I think it is a sad reflection of TNP that a Delegate is elected with only 8 votes!! L&C also has a history of supporting your Old Guard prior to his political ambitions in TNP so thats probably why he didn't suffer much from the rearguard anti-campaigners that others tend to have to deal with!!

JAL has long sung from your songsheet!! I think thats what got him over the line!! As for L&C, I think it is a sad reflection of TNP that a Delegate is elected with only 8 votes!! L&C also has a history of supporting your Old Guard prior to his political ambitions in TNP so thats probably why he didn't suffer much from the rearguard anti-campaigners that others tend to have to deal with!!
I, too, quote posts and then ignore their content.

I know you do although I'm not sure including me in your group is accurate!! Perhaps you didn't bother reading my reply as per your confessed habit?!

Which part of my reply ignored the quoted post?! Lets see, first I was told JAL didn't sign from the old guard's song sheet to which I replied he has for a long time even though his campaign may not have!!

Then those that voted for L&C were mentioned tio which I stated that he had long been a supported of the old guard prior to his political aspirations in TNP and also mentioned how sad that only 8 people need to vote for a candidate for them to become delegate.

Which part was it I didn't respond to?!

how sad that only 8 people need to vote for a candidate for them to become delegate.

I absolutely agree with Poltsamaa on that one. However, I still think it a positive and bright thing that the delegate in TNP used to be elected (and hopefully one day will be again).

I absolutely agree with Poltsamaa on that one. However, I still think it a positive and bright thing that the delegate in TNP used to be elected (and hopefully one day will be again).
Well, they are still elected, just not by the same process as you are accustomed to!! ;)

But the reason I made mention of this is that the lack of voters means it takes less support to get elected as Delegate and as a result a small group can easily skew a result whether it be the "Old Guard" and a new group of nations to the region!!

While it is easy to bemoan another "rogue" delegate I think a lot of people are missing the true reason it is happening more often!! No system is bulletproof as we can see but surely the drop in active voters under the election system we had is a large factor in this!! Leaving aside whether or not you or I agree with the old system, the new system or the actions of delegates once elected!!

Eight votes is pathetic for a position of such power, in-game power at least!!

I know you do although I'm not sure including me in your group is accurate!! Perhaps you didn't bother reading my reply as per your confessed habit?!

Which part of my reply ignored the quoted post?! Lets see, first I was told JAL didn't sign from the old guard's song sheet to which I replied he has for a long time even though his campaign may not have!!

Then those that voted for L&C were mentioned tio which I stated that he had long been a supported of the old guard prior to his political aspirations in TNP and also mentioned how sad that only 8 people need to vote for a candidate for them to become delegate.

Which part was it I didn't respond to?!
My bad. I misinterpreted the wording.

Well, they are still elected, just not by the same process as you are accustomed to!! ;)
And that new process would be .......

..... election by invading forces like Gatesville and not legitimate residents of the region?

Hardly a legitimate means to elect a delegate by calling in foreigners to elect him. :lol:

Need I also remind you Poltsy, you are also one of the so-called 'Old Guard'.

I think I will petition the game mods to rename The North Pacific as "Vichy Pacific" and make your national motto, "Je collabore". ;)

If there is anything to be learned from history here it is the fact that you support every rogue regime that comes down the pike but you just can't ever seen to take control of them. :fish:

Try, try again, I always say!

..... election by invading forces like Gatesville and not legitimate residents of the region?

Hardly a legitimate means to elect a delegate by calling in foreigners to elect him. :lol:
Well, our last Delegate elected via Constitutional elections was supported by 8 people so I'm not sure your views are supported by much other than rhetoric!! While you may not like the way the current delegate has been elected it is still democratic!!

Need I also remind you Poltsy, you are also one of the so-called 'Old Guard'.

I am?! Why am I never invited to the meetings?! I'm not part of any "old guard", I do my own thing for the most part to try and get as much out of the game as I can!! My "allies" in TNP have changed over the time I have been here and enemies have become allies and swung back to enemies just as quickly!! I like to think I've walked the same straight line and others have changed around me but thats perhaps not quite the case!! ;)

I think I will petition the game mods to rename The North Pacific as "Vichy Pacific" and make your national motto, "Je collabore". ;)

Whatever gets you through the day, Roman!! ;)

If there is anything to be learned from history here it is the fact that you support every rogue regime that comes down the pike but you just can't ever seen to take control of them.  :fish:

Try, try again, I always say!

I don't recall supporting Dalimbar or Darth Matthius!! Secondly, what makes you think I have any interest in taking control of anything, Roman?!

My only interest in NationStates is political rivalry and to be honest it is almost to the point that such rivalry is extinct!! This explains why my activity in NationStates is very low!! I have no interest in a game where everyone thinks and acts the same way as its boring as hell!!

Looking at NS and TNP, it seems I'm not alone in that regard!!

You are one paranoid little critter, Poltsy!

Since when does the "Old Guard" hold meetings? Talk about conspiracy theories. Frankly, I'd like to see a list of these "Old Guard" members. Do they have secret handshakes and passwords? And do they go to Bilderburger meetings and have 4:00 tea with Bill Gates and George Bush and wrestle naked in the mud at Bonesmen initiations? :lol:

But, history shows that you have always been a collaborator with whatever Vichy arrangement that comes down the pike. Instead of working for a common goal and being conservative about radical change, you seem to always support the radical rogue delegates. Does the abbreviation "NPD" ring a bell? It's nothing new even when you call it "The Crim(inal)son (dis)Order".

Your problem is that you lack the understanding that L&C has established a new "Old Order" of failed Francoists and other assorted rogues and poots. L&C is guilty of treason for sure - those who followed him down that path are guilty of being 'useful idiots' that are too jaded to realize that they are being exploited for L&C's little ego trip down Dictator Lane. It's not your fault that you have permitted yourself to be taken in by L&C - it's just your nature and it's not really your fault.

R

Since when does the "Old Guard" hold meetings? Talk about conspiracy theories. Frankly, I'd like to see a list of these "Old Guard" members. Do they have secret handshakes and passwords? And do they go to Bilderburger meetings and have 4:00 tea with Bill Gates and George Bush and wrestle naked in the mud at Bonesmen initiations?

The old NPIA for one, I would know, I was in it. That forum with the name like a pub, err...'Secret...something?' is the hub for the 'Old Guard' when delegates go rogue. The Security Council to a degree when it still existed. Obviously, Roman the private discussions of these places are private.

Your problem is that you lack the understanding that L&C has established a new "Old Order" of failed Francoists and other assorted rogues and poots. L&C is guilty of treason for sure - those who followed him down that path are guilty of being 'useful idiots' that are too jaded to realize that they are being exploited for L&C's little ego trip down Dictator Lane. It's not your fault that you have permitted yourself to be taken in by L&C - it's just your nature and it's not really your fault.

I seriously worry about your intellect Roman.

Have you ever considered that maybe Westwind's supporters are his friends? Or that many of them have considerable dislike of various members of this forum, mainly yourself, Grosse, Flem. That they want to change this region into a better place. That they want power for themselves. That they are bored and want some action. That they are doing it just for the hell of it.

But no, clearly they are all idiots, and Westwind has them all somehow duped.

You are one paranoid little critter, Poltsy!

Since when does the "Old Guard" hold meetings? Talk about conspiracy theories. Frankly, I'd like to see a list of these "Old Guard" members. Do they have secret handshakes and passwords? And do they go to Bilderburger meetings and have 4:00 tea with Bill Gates and George Bush and wrestle naked in the mud at Bonesmen initiations?  :lol:
Roman, it was a joke!! :duh: The rest just sounds like you projecting one of your fantasies and my stomach churns at the thought of it!! :P

But, history shows that you have always been a collaborator with whatever Vichy arrangement that comes down the pike. Instead of working for a common goal and being conservative about radical change, you seem to always support the radical rogue delegates. Does the abbreviation "NPD" ring a bell? It's nothing new even when you call it "The Crim(inal)son (dis)Order".

Wow, you just repeat the same crap even when I point out what you are saying is untrue!! Did I support Dalimbar?! Darth Matthuis?! The correct answer to both of those is 'no'!! As for the NPD, yes I was part of it and am proud of what I did as part of the NPD!! Strange, and yes I'll repeat it again, that many aspects of the NPD were implemented in one shape or form in the government that emerged after the NPD disbanded!! Now, if you look at what L&C and the Crimson Order are doing, much of their policies mirror the NPD!! So, Roman, what does that tell you?! To me it says my vision for the region is similar to the lines of the former NPD and the now Crimson Order!! Does that mean I'm jumping on the bandwagon of every rogue delegate that comes along?! Or does it mean that my views on how the region should be run are constant and that I do what I can to support the work of those that mirror my vision for the region?! I think it is the latter as my non-support for Dalimbar and DM proves the former to be incorrect!!

Your problem is that you lack the understanding that L&C has established a new "Old Order" of failed Francoists and other assorted rogues and poots.

Didn't L&C oppose Franco and the NPO in the past?! As did many on the Crimson Order!! I certainly had no role in the NPO and am not Francoist!!

L&C is guilty of treason for sure - those who followed him down that path are guilty of being 'useful idiots' that are too jaded to realize that they are being exploited for L&C's little ego trip down Dictator Lane. It's not your fault that you have permitted yourself to be taken in by L&C - it's just your nature and it's not really your fault.

Sorry, couldn't help but laugh!! Roman, L&C consulted with me on occasion as did Monte Ozarka when we were looking at the change in Constitution that went through prior to the last election!! L&C had asked if I was wanting to be one of his cabinet members should he be elected, an offer I had to turn down due to constraints on my time!! I have been appointed as a "court justice" in the Crimson Order on a basis that I assist when I have the time!! L&C has made me no offers to keep my loyalty to himself or the Crimson Order!! My role in that government is nil other than to assist in judicial matters!! To say I have been taken in by L&C is incorrect!! As I stated earlier in this post, the Crimson Order embodies what I believe to be the best way to manage a region!! That and the stagnant morass that the old TNP government had become was what compelled me to work with the Crimson Order!! Certainly not any great allegience to L&C and certainly not any promise for power in a region that I do not want and turned down when it was offered to me!!
You will notice I was not "on board" from the onset!! I waited to see which way it went at to see what direction they were taking before taking the plunge!!

Hey, Matty - the old NPIA board hasn't been posted to in eons.

Hey! That would then make you part of The Old Guard too!

*passes Matty the secret 3rd Degree Old Order Handshake*

gapmfcy4.jpg

:lol:

Fascist dupes! Traitors, the whole lot of them! Some sort of lame attempt at humor!

[Insert funny picture here]

[insert assorted smilies to ensure people know how nice and funny a guy I am]

Now, now, that's not nice to call Lewis and Clark, et all, 'Fascist Dupes'

:lol:

Back