Comment on Current Endorsement Ranking

There are, at this time, no "legitimate" or outstanding threats that of concern. Dialog between myself and "threats" has been fruitful so far, as we have seen.

EDIT: *Places Ermarian on my black-list.* :P

I don't believe there have. But we could always manufacture a terrorist threat to consolidate the support of the sheeple.

( :P )
Sssshhh....

*Namyeknom keeps it under his hat, with his umbrella.

Extra! Extra! TNP Delegate and Rogue Nations is 'Fruitful' Relationship! Colour pictures, Page 3.

I recieved a telegram from el castillo asking for my endorsement in exchange for his/hers. He/she did not actually endorse my nation. If, as has been illustrated, el castillo has garnered 195 endorsements in exchange for twelve, I imagine it is because he/she does not actually return the endorsement promised in the telegram. Or perhaps el castillo is in command of a 100 member plus army?

Probably a combination of not actually endorsing nations, people will tend to assume that you did indeed endorse them if they have said they have and simply removing the endorsements afterwards without the other nation noticing.

Madam, are you daring to imply that El Castillo's motives may have been less than honorable?

*Byardkuria goes to retrieve his popped monocle.

I recieved a telegram from el castillo asking for my endorsement in exchange for his/hers. He/she did not actually endorse my nation. ... I imagine it is because he/she does not actually return the endorsement promised in the telegram.
Same here.
El Castillo TG:
I will be brief...
I am El Castillo, a new nation here in the North Pacific. Please consider granting me your UN endorsement. If you would like, I am willing to give mine in return. Thank you for your time!
-El Castillo
:mad: *hits "withdraw endorsement" button*
No way dude!

Leaving the forums for a time is always hazardous: When you return, you may suddenly find that people you thought were all trustworthy are suddenly at war and accusing each other of treason. It's difficult to know who to trust.

As far as I can see, the delegate and the government are at odds. The delegate claims the government is, uh, "decaying", while the government calls the delegate a "rogue".

What's going on here? Do I have to read the ten-page ream in the Delegate Office to understand, or can it be summed up in two sentences?

This may interest Eluvatar, but pretty much nobody else.

My next version of EndoSpider will have a proper user agent:

Code:
User-Agent: NSAurora/0.1pre EndoSpider/4.0a1pre Drupal/6.0-dev (+http://drupal.org) Hail Salusa!

(The final bit varies and praises one of the three game admins randomly. Just thought that if any human actually reads the NS logs, it might as well be funny.)

Oh, the Aurora part. Just the Next Thing I'm working on...

I must endotart some more.

:blink:

Did I just say that out load...

@ Ermarian...
No I can't fathom it either. Its a coup in the TNP tradition of doing nothing very slowly.

Very zen.

Coup d'état? More like coup n'est pas, am I right?

In any case, I suppose it's more of a Self-coup according to Wikipedia.

Coup n'est pas? Genius!

Self coup? That's considered quite immoral in certain quarters... Although I hear there are special "clubs" dedicated to it...

The scanner was shortly online while I upgraded the server to PHP 5.2.3.

However, I neglected to install the cURL extension, so it was impossible to re-scan since then. Instead, I have now modified the scanner to use a socket HTTP client written for Drupal.

The added bonus is that it is about 3 times as quick now - takes around 10 minutes to run through TNP, while it used to take 25-30 minutes on good days.

Ah, faster is good, yes. :yes: My script takes quite awhile to run. Long enough that I haven't bothered to time it. *chuckles*

For the ones who can see the full page, it also now displays some percentages - UN membership, endorsement saturation, average reciprocation rate (success rate for tarters), how secure the region is against invasion, etc.

So far, I've completely ignored the influence system though - it just baffles me too much, so I'm keeping to the endorsement counts that I can understand.

Edit: Who's Saldyrin? I don't recognize him.

I will be moving these last several posts over to the discussion thread, where they belong, in the morning.

And the matter has been in discussion within the SC for several days.

Should I expect to see an order from the Security Council asking me ban the above mentioned individuals, or are we still not wanting to talk to me nicely?

For the next few weeks, months even, I'll be extremely busy. It is all I can do to keep my nations alive, so the scanner will have to be run by others. :)

I remember the days when the mere fact I had a UN nation in the region meant it was run daily
You really want to tell us you have a TNP UN nation? :ermm:

*hits SC alarm button*

alarm005.gif
alarm005.gif
alarm005.gif
alarm005.gif
alarm005.gif
alarm005.gif

Back