Announcement from the Delegate

Please excuse me while I :rofl: at your little "hero" gag, Sniffles. I don't deny I indicated an irrational desire to see that nation (can't remember if it was BW or another, feel free to check for me as I can't obviously see my own posts anymore) be removed from the region. You weren't in the most rational state of mind either, if I recall. Probably would have chewed my leg off if I gave you the chance. However, I was committed (and still am) to defending the region. Yet, please, answer me this: Why was I re-elected without any opposition if I was such a boogyman from the start?
It's not a hero gag though trust me when I say the day I take myself seriously is the day the universe collapses in on itself.

Your re-election happened during an inactive period, the same inactive period you're trying "save us" from right now. Also most of the ol'timers were barred by term limits.

Your statements happened in a secure area, the SC Chambers and the Cabinet Halls to be exact.

And yes, call me crazy but I tend to get mad when one threatens to greviously break the law and threaten the region. I was told then, just as I'm told now, that essentially you're a good guy. I'll base that respect and give you the benefit of the doubt. But obviously there is a time limit, I'm not John McCain you know.

As much as I disagree with Dalimbar's actions, which are unnecessary, I do agree that we shouldn't sink to the level of the common proletariat.

Keep the head high, people.

I, for one, second Schwarz's call for levelheadedness. Volatile situations call for cool heads, and it should be our responsibility to explore ALL means to bring about a peaceful end before we rush off to battle.
As do I. Dalimbar is showing our government has a bad reputation; good organisation in rectifying the situation would do us good.

You have the option of coming to the table and acting like statesmen, oops. I forgot, you actually WANT to be delegate and it is not in your best interest to say otherwise. Be cautious of what you say and where, things actually get around.

Do I look like I'm in a position to be Delegate?

Be careful of what I say, why don't you stop throwing sarcasm and accusations around then? Real statesmanlike, we have offered negotiation to Dalimbar and honestly you're not helping.

You have a Constitution, that by itself exceeds the length of all of the Constitution, Legal Code, Judicial Code, Vivacation, and rules of Senate Procedure in the West. Surely you do not say this is HEALTHY? It strikes me that your answer to problems instead of solving them, is to add to the Constitution.

By the actions you take, you had to have accepted the possibility of a bloodbath in which whomever is left standing was so weakened by the battle for the delegacy that they could not adequately defend the North. Who would be left? Haor Chall, Minnow? You? A Truckler? Ator People, another Minnow. Odd that the three of you, the weakest Influence people are screaming the loudest for this action. The raiders must indeed be licking the chops at your naivete.

So here you three stand.

HC- 220 Minnow (+3)
EM- 120 Truckler(+28)
AP- 75 (+14)
= +45

The rest of your list, responsible, capable and wise citizens of the North are a composite +5. Except for UWSS who is at +21.

For all of this fury and screaming, Chodean Kal is at a -5 for 334 endos

The numbers speak volumes Matthuis. This is a slow motion civil war.

What about Kitabo, Unterwasserseestaat, Great Bights Mum and Former English Colony?

Secondly, why are you attacking us? I don't understand why you feel the need to use this condescending tone. If you have a problem then feel free to PM myself, the Prime Minister or anyone else but I would rather you didn't start posting the results of your security scans on the forums and then start insulting various respecting members of the forum.

The West Pacific can think whatever you like about the coup but I am suprised that you find it funny. I am certain that when this happened to your region we didn't start cracking jokes.

Oh, by the way, any chance you could tell us who you friends from out of town are Dali?

I was wondering that as well.

We also have some friends from The West, Senator Papercuts & Skittles is 'Storm Sworder' and causing trouble on the RMB. Anything to do with you Schwarz?

In the interests of better relations, could I suggest that the Honourable Minister from TWP remove himself from this discussion. I'd hate to see words said in haste cause ramifications later on.

EM,

You're saying that the Constitution worked since Pixiedance. But, what is the definition of 'working'.

If by 'working' you mean the Constitution was not subverted as it is right now, then I agree with you completely. We've had delegates who have been content with not doing much of anything.

However, if by 'working' you mean creating an environment whereby community members are able to experience a rich and diverse culture, then I believe that in many ways the Constitution has failed. I'm not blaming the Constitution on the dearth of activity within NS, but when you emasculate a delegate then you really destroy one of the main links offsite forums have with the game. Delegates (especially in Feeder regions) have a defined purpose and are really the head hanchos. The constitution does not take the opportunity the delegate's disposition presents to the maximum benefit of all in my opinion. In so doing, the Constitution does not 'work' to protect the region from and/or fostering a community wherein delegate's have a purpose other than pushing a button to vote for a UN resolution.

And many a rogue delegate found many parts of the Constitution troubling because of this. It’s my hope that civil conversations can come about and we really create a new day for TNP and give the delegate some ballz authority more than what is granted in the Constitution. The fear was that a delegate would go rogue and so by making the delegate a non-voting cabinet member, a figurehead, and just a person on the sidelines really would then ensure we would not have rogue delegates. But we're sitting here and there is a rogue delegate albeit nigh unto 2 years since the Constitution was affirmed. Yet, I think that is only do to luck but you could argue the point.

In any event, I think many TNP'ers have real issues with the Constitution and would like something more streamlined and delegate-friendly.

But how are you attempting to "get our region back"? By fomenting civil war? By forcing Dali to either look like a fool by forcing him into quiet resignation or look like a fool by forcing him into a purge? Who suffers in these events and who benefits?

What other options do we have? Negotiation doesn't seem likely, if there's a better way then we haven't found it yet. Like I said do you seriously expect the government to just resign and give-up? Is that what TAO would do if there was another coup in the West?

Punk is correct about the eventual outcome inherent with a constitutional paper delegate figurehead. TWP did the same thing once ... the separation of powers to the point of ignoring the game's mechanics. Onsite and Offsite powers/balances have to be in place if you are looking for a truly playable model of government. TAO just doesn't see where a figurehead delegate and a constitution which takes longer to read than Gone with the Wind equals a balanced approach to governmental stability. Without some serious constitutional dialogue and even some serious constitutional change, TNP will continue to have this same problem with its delegate ... unless Flem is elected for life.

The system worked fine with every other Delegate since Pixiedance.
..until it finally erupted in a vicious cycle that seems to apparently screw this region over repeatedly.

Rogue----> Constitutional Restriction----> Stability---->Rogue---->Constitutional Restriction---> so on and so forth.

We need one of those shampoos that don't require the repeat step!! Problem solved!!

That was easy, anyone for tennis?!

Oh wait, its the Delegate thats the problem, not shampoo!! Carry on!! Not that you need my invitation!!

:lol: Flem FTW.

I'm afraid I don't have Flem's wit, so:

Schwarzchild. No, I don't feel like being diplomatic or statesmen-like, as you are talking out of your anus. Go away.
:rofl:

:kiss:

I love you too, HC.

~S

In the interests of better relations, could I suggest that the Honourable Minister from TWP remove himself from this discussion. I'd hate to see words said in haste cause ramifications later on.
In the interests of better relations?

No.

I must respectfully refuse your courteous request, sir. This "internal" problem of yours threatens to engulf the feeders if you don't stop thinking under the influence of testosterone poisoning. I can promise to not to post as often and I will keep that promise. I can appreciate everyone is upset, but I will continue to be candid when I do post here.

Very kind regards,

~S

I was wondering that as well.

We also have some friends from The West, Senator Papercuts & Skittles is 'Storm Sworder' and causing trouble on the RMB. Anything to do with you Schwarz?

You may not like what I have to say, but I would never order or countenance such a thing. If Senator P&S is doing it, I will ask him to stop troublemaking on the RMB.

You're welcome.

~S

And many a rogue delegate found many parts of the Constitution troubling because of this. It’s my hope that civil conversations can come about and we really create a new day for TNP and give the delegate some ballz authority more than what is granted in the Constitution.
So we should make the Constitution more rogue Del friendly? Well with logic like that...

Over the past months and years, Gatesville has watched as TNP regularly repeats the cycle for which it has become known: bouts of turmoil interspersed with periods of stability. We have watched as their members struggled under the weight of an overburdened Constitution, striving for democracy and receiving a small measure of its advantages along with a large measure of its disadvantages. We have watched delegates come and go. We have watched the ripples of disquiet spread and rock the stability of other regions. We have watched, but we have done nothing. It is The North Pacific’s right to govern itself as it chooses.

It was thus with great interest that we received Chodean Kal’s message about his plan for The North Pacific. We in Gatesville have always supported national sovereignty and the right of nations to govern themselves. By extension, we also support regional sovereignty and the right of regions to govern themselves. TNP’s desire to be ruled democratically is well known and acknowledged by the members of the Gatesville High Council.

We are also aware of game mechanics and of the history of the feeder regions of this game. While not Feederites ourselves, our close ties with several have led us to hold perhaps a greater understanding of the unique problems faced by the feeder regions. Ultimately, the one who controls the delegacy of the feeder is its leader—this has been tradition in NationStates since the time of Francos Spain. The addition of regional influence to game mechanics only reinforced this standard.

It is thus with great pleasure that we announce our support of Chodean Kal as the rightful delegate of TNP. As a legally-elected delegate with a vision to revive his region, he meets our requirements for Native status and we do not feel his actions are unwarranted or illegal from the standpoint of regional sovereignty. As UN delegate of The North Pacific and a supporter of democracy, Chodean Kal also supports the ideals of national sovereignty, and has promised aid in our quest against the United Nations should we aid him in his quest to establish a true democracy, freed from the constraints of a top-heavy bureaucracy. His cry for help will not go unanswered. We answer TNP’s request for aid in the affirmative, and will support Chodean Kal—even to the point of military might should it prove necessary.

As delegate of Gatesville, I second the statement by our founder.

Questions may be directed to me as Gates will be limited on time for the next few days.

As the official Unofficial Official of Gatesville, I too would like to offer my support, both in the statement made by my glorious leader, and in Chodean Kal's search for democracy.

Questions may be forwarded to me if you want them to take longer to get answered or require a smartmouthed response. Unless of course you are a friend of mine, in which case who knows what you will get.

Dear Gatesville:

Has Dali asked for military aid? If not, why the heck are y'all here?

Barging in at 3 in the morning...tsktsk. No manners at all.

Joint Statement from the Prime Minister and Delegate
It is with great pleasure that we announce that the spirit of peace and friendship is still alive in The North Pacific. It has been agreed that representatives from the Third Republic (commonly known as the z13 community or officially the Government of The North Pacific) and the Delegate have been meeting for negotiations. As such, we consider it necessary to withhold any unilateral statement that may inflame the situation. The future of our region is at stake, and we hope everyone is mindful of the realities of the situation before us.

We would like to take this time to remind all third parties to respect Northern sovereignty. It is then asked by both the Delegate and the Prime Minister that all foreign allies of both parties withdraw from the region, and a cease-fire be declared. It is our belief that all nations desires an end to the agitated tensions rumaging through the region. What was once a bleak hope in a spiralling conflict has now reached a calming point, allowing our region to heal and prosper.

Signed,

Chodean Kal,
Delegate of The North Pacific

Upper Kirby,
Prime Minister of The North Pacific

A rather odd time to be making announcements and moving troops into our region, to be sure. :P
It is called "insomnia." Most of the better players here have it. ;)

Lord Valentine:
Nev, you took your time with this announcement. tongue.gif

Think you're finally going to get that feeder you've been after then?
*sigh* I know. Bureacracy, don't you know? Takes absolutely forever to get a vote through nowadays with our High Council being so large. As to your second statement, that is perhaps best left answered at another time.

Monte Ozarka:
Dear Gatesville:

Has Dali asked for military aid? If not, why the heck are y'all here?

Barging in at 3 in the morning...tsktsk. No manners at all.
Dear Montykins,

Yes, he has. Perhaps before you go around making accusations you should check to make sure you have the whole story.

As for 3 in the morning, I have already answered that.

I will deal with the rest when I get home from work. :)

Yes, he has. Perhaps before you go around making accusations you should check to make sure you have the whole story.
Insomnia, eh? Insomnia keeps me up until 3am. I blame you for keeping me up until 5am last night. :P

And hmm. Did I make an accusation? I wanted to know if Dali asked y'all to come into the region. And, oh, funny story. I was talking to Dalimbar last night. A lot of people were, in fact. Perhaps you two should get together and decide on a story before accusing us of not checking the facts?

TAO and TWP are asking the Gatesville forces to withdraw from TNP. Since the joint statement has come forward from Dalimbar and Upper Kirby asking for all foreign troops to leave, Gatesville takes on the appearance of invaders ... and we know that cannot be the case.

The fact that Dali and Kirby are issuing a joint anything demonstrates the willingness for a peaceful negotiation in TNP between the affected parties. And unless Gatesville can prove it is an affected party, there is no reason for Gatesville to continue its presence in TNP.

TAO and TWP are asking the Gatesville forces to withdraw from TNP. Since the joint statement has come forward from Dalimbar and Upper Kirby asking for all foreign troops to leave, Gatesville takes on the appearance of invaders ... and we know that cannot be the case.

The fact that Dali and Kirby are issuing a joint anything demonstrates the willingness for a peaceful negotiation in TNP between the affected parties. And unless Gatesville can prove it is an affected party, there is no reason for Gatesville to continue its presence in TNP.
<looks around very sleepily after the extended, late night negotiations>

:D

It's moments like these that make me love my job. I would without hesitation like to offer my congratulations to TNP in coming back to the bargaining table. It was most gratifying to play a very small part in this wise decision to issue the joint statement and change the banner to it's current, more hopeful message.

Good luck in your internal negotiations, may it result in what is best for the North.

:clap:

~S

What was once a bleak hope in a spiralling conflict has now reached a calming point, allowing our region to heal and prosper.
In this Joint Statement signed by Chodean Kal and Upper Kirby, this last sentence is the most promising and most comforting. CK and UK now agree on more than just a "K" as their second initial. :hug:
:clap:

I do hope and believe that the turmoil
_n00b__by_zacthetoad.gif
will end soon. Good luck to The North Pacific!

I am posting this as a citizen of TNP, not as Associate Justice.

Am I the only one not really happy with the joint statement above?
Well, the statement is fine. But there are many questions left
- Who was part of the negotiations?
- Why do our officials not confirm anything directly?
- Why are they posting things that sound like "Oh, interesting, i don't have any clue what happened. Let me just write a one line statement until I really know what's going on"?
- Why is there no enthusiasm?
- Can I also write a joint statement by Dali, GBM, HC and Mr.Gaunt "Rum is free"?

It is not very convincing.

The statement was a confirmation that both sides of the disagreement did not wish foreign powers to become involved. It was a statement of commitment to the idea of self-governance and, in my opinion anyway, excellent proof that things have not degraded so far as to cause harm to the region in the long term. I don't detect a lack of enthusiasm, it reads like a carefully thought out statement of intent.

Back