A Proposal from the Imperial Bank of The Pacific

I'm afraid you couldn't afford to pay me. I am essentially offering my services as a consultant and then some. If what has been said is true then the result of a commission or task force would be a blueprint that largely resembles the Pacifican structure. We are offering to give you everything. It comes at a very low opportunity cost.

If the BoTNP is bought by the IBP you will not have to provide someone to change an account every time a purchase is made. You will not need someone to calculate any fees, interest, or salaries. You will not have to train or appoint someone how to manage an economy. A treaty will not provide the openness and manpower we are offering.

We are offering this in order to strengthen our relationship. This is purely on an RP level and has nothing to do with politics.
I'm sorry you wouldn't consider my counter-offer.

Under your proposal, you would not be a consultant, because you're not consulting us; you'd be taking the system out of our hands and replacing it with a nice big bit of Pacifica. You say this is not about politics, but it is: everything is political.

For example, what would happen to our banks and therefore our economy if your Emperor decided to close the embassies? Would the banks go with them; that is, would you reclaim your possessions? If you do not, then do you truly own the banking system?

So, elucidate on how this will work for us? Our regions have very little reason to trust each other, so this sort of thing will have to be planned out to the letter.

This is not imperialism this is trade. I shall reiterate the point that this is not about NS politics, it is about activity. It is meant to ease the decline brought about by the annual summer slump. This is purely roleplay and nothing more. The Pacific will not act to hinder TNP economic growth due to political disputes because that would prove to eb mutually harmful. It would mean a smaller market for TP and no economic system for TNP.

There will not be a 50/50 split because TNP currently cannot offer the 50%. The IBP has the majority of the resources, funding, and experience. I understand about the economic commission, but you must understand that we have waited patiently for TNP to development its own system however the commission fell dead silent. The time it would take to restart the commission and come could be used to increase activity and involvement between both of our regions.

As previously stated this is meant to ease the decline of the summer slump. A solution for both of our regions. The discussion in the RA, the voting, amendments -- all of that involved with the usual formations of institutions here would defeat the purpose of the easy solution we have offered. That is why I have turned down the variations to the original offer.

As I said earlier regarding Taijitu: They already had self-sufficient system and history of economic roleplay and were thus shyed away from integration.

Lord Valentine, I am Senator of Economics in TP. It is my express duty to maintain and even increase economic activity. I maintain stable roleplay. I have no political aims. My intentions are purely economical. To answer your question concerning embassies you need only examine the current situation. Politically there is tension, but within this sphere we are open and willing to assist. Take that as a guideline.

Here is how it would work:
The Governor of the IBP is a mod in the BoTNP forum for the sake of easy editing and stickying. Each TNP citizen who applies for an account will be given one and allowed to transfer a specified portion of their TNP dollars (Money earned by posting) into their personal accounts. They will be allowed to open businesses as they please and close them as well. I would assist in any I could. If there are any complaints they would be sent to me and I would resolve them. If someone wanted to by something they would post their request and I would edit the accounts (which I would have on Excel). That's how the economy would work. TNP business could open up shop in TP and vice versa.

So New Kervoskia, you're going to have to come off dead center because if you don't you won't get any agreement through the Regional Assembly.

I'd be willing to bet some of my fancy and currently useless TNP dollars against you there Gross. I think this could muster support

I cant see how this would be bad in any way. It works for us both, it would be fun, we'd get the benifit of a (so we are informed :P) expert..the only counter arguement is the usual "enemy among us, sit on the roofs with the shotguns" mantra. Which is pretty stale anyway and ultimatly useless as this isnt political or territorial.

What if we had a trial period, where we could see how things worked and if we wanted to continue.

And if we just call this RP, is it really necessary to have ammendments, laws, etc? It's just for fun.

Ator People:
What if we had a trial period, where we could see how things worked and if we wanted to continue.

And if we just call this RP, is it really necessary to have ammendments, laws, etc? It's just for fun.
This is acceptable on the condition that TNP forfeits the right to use anything the IBP creates should it decide to terminate the trial.

:ph34r:

To answer the question about what would happen to the bank should the embassy be closed, it is quite simple: nothing would happen. The two are not related in any way. This is pure economic role play; its sole purpose is to increase activity on both forums and have fun.

Grosse: We like our imperialism the old fashioned way, thank you—through game play. This has nothing to do with that; read above paragraph. :P

A trial period would be acceptable, as long as it is understood than everything that Senator New Kervoskia creates is his sole propery; i.e. any shops and business will remain, but the system that governs them will leave with him should TNP terminates the project.

This seems like agreat offer! NPO has an established banking system set up and it seems easier for them to kick start our bank then us doing it ourselves.

Any progress on either our bank or whether we will take this offer?

I motion we accept the offer to try out this economical system for a trial period.

Ator, I think you need to take the motion to the Cabinet or the RA to vote on it. No one would really have the authority to approve your motion. Just my :2c: on the topic.

At least they didn't take 6 months to decide to let the summer slump decay their numbers even further.

One must take any little sign of hope, one can get. :winner:

At least they didn't take 6 months to decide to let the summer slump decay their numbers even further.

One must take any little sign of hope, one can get. :winner:

Lets not compare the number of active members here with those in the NPO, eh? :eyeroll:

Votes are messy businesses, and too often people make the wrong decision anyway.

Much better to skip straight to the end and avoid the unpleasantries.

HC, your's will always be bigger than mine. It's a matter of nature. No need to whip it out for show.

Although... :w00t:

:blush:

Never mind.
It's not a question of who has more active members at any given time. It's a question of what, if anything those active members want to do to keep active and maybe even draw more in.

I was merely observing that you had broken a TNP speed record in making your current decision.

I see how you view progress. Very well, but know that we will still be willing to discuss this further in the future. The terms, however, will not be nearly as generous as they are now.

I think this is a wonderful idea. It's too bad we couldn't give it a free trial run. They didn't even ask for a credit card number!

It seems to make sense to me to try an existing system before attempting to concoct our own. At the very least if it doesn't work, we'll have a new understanding and something to have learned from.

Back