From The Lexicon

They're the ones wringing their hands in horror.

I believe Flem commented on the RMB yesterday about how war costs the region nations. (I have no way of telling if that assertion is even correct of course).

I'm not even saying they should. I was just interested that no-one had. It's one thing to complain about something. Quite another to do anything to fix it of course.
The North Pacific has over five thousand nations with new ones popping up everyday. The Lexicon has 750 and has shown a marked decrease from a peak of a thousand. Trust me, losing nations not really an issue!

I am rather interested that no official or otherwise of TNP has considered whether there is a way to bring an end to this war
OK, I'll take the bait. What can we as TNP citizens do to call off the dogs of war? What will it take for the Lexicon to lay down its arms and leave us be?

I am rather interested that no official or otherwise of TNP has considered whether there is a way to bring an end to this war
OK, I'll take the bait. What can we as TNP citizens do to call off the dogs of war? What will it take for the Lexicon to lay down its arms and leave us be?
I think it goes somewhere along the lines of the Pixiedance good ol'days; you know when the Constitution was tossed aside, Cathyy would pass the nation around to whoever was interested, and words like democracy and freedom were banned. Man those were a barrel of laughs...

I guess you had to be there. (NOT)

I think it goes somewhere along the lines of the Pixiedance good ol'days; you know when the Constitution was tossed aside, Cathyy would pass the nation around to whoever was interested, and words like democracy and freedom were banned. Man those were a barrel of laughs...

I guess you had to be there. (NOT)
:no:

I think it's probably more along the lines of "Treating the Lexicon as an Equal." Of course, I could be wrong.

I believe that is a matter for The Lexicon who have no need to justify themselves to outsiders such as you.
Daim isn't an outsider.

Eluvatar, are you aware that Insane Power openly admitted to having a spy present in our region long before this incident ever took place?

Do you mean his "I have been blah blah 18 months now!" rant when he was banned?

I wouldn't call that confession but bragging. I believe your choice at the time was to believe him to be lying to confuse you. Or something.

Basically the point is that you didn't discover him, he told you without prompting. That's a bit more honest. Even more honest, there are no Lexiconian denials of this spy's existence.

Of course. I am here because of all the hubbub, and am trying to figure out what it's all about and to convince you of your errors.

Apparently they declared war on us because we spied on them, though they can not prove it. The fact that they have spied on us and had the goal since the founding of The Lexicon, of which I had a part, to eventually take over The North Pacific is obviously irrelevent.

Of course. I am here because of all the hubbub, and am trying to figure out what it's all about and to convince you of your errors.
:worship:

When trying to figure out what something is all about, it generally helps to enter into the situation somewhat open-minded, don't you think?

I say the same to you.

I'm afraid it comes down to a simple situation-- I trust the Lexiconian High Council not to lie, you trust Daimiena not to lie.

Or wait, has she explicitly stated that she was not spying in the Lexicon?

But you'll forgive us if we don't trust the government of a region that has declared war on us? And we believe in innocent until proven guilty here. So far, we apparently haven't seen any evidence that actually shows her as a spy. So.... we conclude innocent.

[size0] 1,586,219,233,408[/size]

What exactly are you expecting?

For us to lay ourselves down and see the light of Lexiconian rule? Oh my gosh, actually come to think of it, you're completely right! Why I'm going renounce all my ties to the North Pacific and join the Lexicon, why those NPcans must be mere barbarians to think the way they do. When they think at all.

all hail Cathyy and IP!! :worship: :worship:

*cough cough sorry I just almost choked on my own irony there.

It makes me laugh that the Lexicon are so uppity about our supposed espionage, but freely admit that they have a spy in our region.

Double standards much?

Do you mean his "I have been blah blah 18 months now!" rant when he was banned?

I wouldn't call that confession but bragging. I believe your choice at the time was to believe him to be lying to confuse you. Or something.

Basically the point is that you didn't discover him, he told you without prompting. That's a bit more honest. Even more honest, there are no Lexiconian denials of this spy's existence.
My point is, even if Daim really was spying on you, seeing The Lexicon's goal, since being founded, of eventually invading The North Pacific and seeing that they had a well-established spy in our region, The North Pacific had every right to send someone in and see what was going on. I fail to see why any of you would be shocked.

It seems to me that this is another instance where IP and Cathyy do everything they can to attack The North Pacific and then play the "Martyr" card when we give a mild, half-hearted response.

When I first joined this region I came in with guns blazing. I did everything from flaming people for no reason to :rofl: on the forum. Insane Power, perhaps seeing a bit of himself in me, invited me to TNPG, an alternate forum. There IP and Cathyy would take issues from TNP's government and rant about them for days at a time. Eventually I began to notice that most of these issues were, if existent, completely insignificant. Now, while I readily agree that the rants against twoslit and Hersfold (at the time) were legitimate, the vast majority of the threads started for the sole purpose of complaining were started to complain about issues that IP and Cathyy had caused or were so insignificant that they usually went unnoticed by everyone else. When IP was banned from the forum for flaming, harassment and general obscenity (the first time), not only did numerous complaint threads pop up but, shortly after, The Lexicon began to form.

The Lexicon started out simply as a forum on the TNPG board with a password (lexicon the). From there Scardino participated in helping to form The Lexicon along with AlHoma, if I remember correctly, Fulhead, IP, Cathy and Shoeless Joe (Great guy - whatever happened to him?). The think tank decided that The Lexicon would be a place to teach 'noobs' with a democratic government. Though I can't remember all of the decisions that were reached, Scardino did have a distinct feeling that The Lexicon was going to be an alternative to The North Pacific. They tried to recruit a few members of TNP but were unsuccessful. Then, through chats with IP, Scardino learned of his goals to first invade The Rejected Realms and later invade The North Pacific and install his own government. Now, at the time, Scardino had no real issue with invading The North Pacific, but he had taken on a few too many projects and decided to leave The Lexicon. Shortly after, Scardino's name was struck from the list of founders and the huge recruitment campaign started.

Oh, yea, and that "ADN Lapdog" bit was Scardino. Many confused diplomats took some offense to that. You gotta love it.

I believe your choice at the time was to believe him to be lying to confuse you. Or something.
Or apathy. If I'm not mistaken, that was the prevalent emotion.
Yes, we've put up with crap from IP for a very long time so that was of little surprise to us. Perhaps The Lexicon could learn to be a little less high-strung. Hell, Daim was just sent around learning to spy on, of all the raider regions out there, LWU, who is probably more pro-TNP than most defender regions. I seriously doubt this was any serious level of spying, even if Daim was sent to The Lexicon. Just chill out and stop victimizing yourselves.

Besides, several regions have spied on Lex and y'all never declared war on them.

Bring in the back peddalling clowns...

Firstly, and the best question I have been asked in a very long time, Shoeless Joe left the Lexicon on a hiatus break. Simply put, he wanted a break from Nationstates and the work involved with it. We are hoping that he intends to return.

Secondly, you ask why I'm here. Mainly because I wanted to assess the situation for myself. You see, contrary to popular belief, I, though I can't speak for everyone admittedly, am not a mindless robot. If I had come here and found that I thought Cathyy was wrong and you were correct, I would have either posted that, or left here without posting anything. I am a really awkward arse once I've made up my mind about something, I'm sure there are some people here from the Lex who might agree... Point is, what is the point in being involved if you don't know both sides?

If I had come here and found that I thought Cathyy was wrong and you were correct, I would have either posted that, or left here without posting anything.

I think the point was that you would not find that they were wrong, regardless of what you found here.

Lol, the sad thing is, I think you really believe that. Cathyy and IP are human, same as anyone else. They will inevitably make some mistakes, the point is, they admit and apologise for them.

Lol, the sad thing is, I think you really believe that. Cathyy and IP are human, same as anyone else. They will inevitably make some mistakes, the point is, they admit and apologise for them.
We have no reason to believe anything other than that, especially when it is apparent that you have already reached a conclusion before coming here and now seek only to convince us your conclusion is correct.

It is not unreasonable at all for us to believe, short of Cathyy and IP saying The Lexicon is wrong and TNP is right, there is nothing that could convince you to change your mind.

Hell, what issue is there for you to change your mind on, other than "TNP sucks, let's war them"?

The Lexicon started out simply as a forum on the TNPG board with a password (lexicon the). From there Scardino participated in helping to form The Lexicon along with AlHoma, if I remember correctly, Fulhead, IP, Cathy and Shoeless Joe (Great guy - whatever happened to him?).
You were correct.

To surmize it, I had fallings out with TLHC (IP, Cathyy, Shoeless Joe, Fulhead Land) on 2 occasions.

The first was because Hersfold REGISTERED on the Lexicon forum and as such was IP banned. I railed against IP and Cathyy for the hipocracy that they were demonstrating because they were banned from the Constutional Convention back last may/june.

I left...

Came back as the pseudonym "Church Inquisitors" and elbowed my way into places of privilage (including Recruiting team). Annother battle ensued because people (IP and Cathyy) felt that sharing good ideas was a unforgivable offense. I was forum banned and banned from the region.

So after getting ******* by IP/Cathyy 4 times I say forget them
(1. Disolvement of NPD)
(2. Disolvement of TNPG)
(3. Hipocracy of Hersfold)
(4. Share Alike Scandal)

Firstly, and the best question I have been asked in a very long time, Shoeless Joe left the Lexicon on a hiatus break. Simply put, he wanted a break from Nationstates and the work involved with it. We are hoping that he intends to return.

Translation: We banned him, had his name cursed, and then forced him to walk to the RR.

Secondly, you ask why I'm here. Mainly because I wanted to assess the situation for myself. You see, contrary to popular belief, I, though I can't speak for everyone admittedly, am not a mindless robot. If I had come here and found that I thought Cathyy was wrong and you were correct, I would have either posted that, or left here without posting anything. I am a really awkward arse once I've made up my mind about something, I'm sure there are some people here from the Lex who might agree... Point is, what is the point in being involved if you don't know both sides?

Translation: I WANT TO SPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ON YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. U.

I'm still waiting for someone to relay the message to me that IP has apologized to me for calling me/ implying that I was a dick for no reason.

Also, what DID Cathyy and IP say about us? Hm? That we were all evil, ADN cronies attempting to undermine the Lexicon? That we wouldn't be tolerant of dissent? That we're being dragged down into hell? That we're all secretly puppets of FEC? That we have a nougaty center? What?

Back