From The Lexicon

I did not see Fedele, or Hersfold for that matter, give their permission for you to share private correspondence. When both of them have given their permission then you can post it. I'm not trying to cover up anything, just enforcing a rule. It is very compelling evidence, if it is legitimate.
It's legitimate but I wouldn't consider it very compelling.

The story is as follows (to the best of my memory):
Scardino and the other Generals in LWU noticed a spy. One of the Generals told Scardino it was Dam from TNP. Now, certain dealings with TNP had given LWU some publicity there and had drawn a few aspiring invaders out of the croud such as past guests like Nish and a few others. However, this one was in the NPA so Scardino, using Fedele as a mediator, inquired about the status of Dam. This telegram was even titled, if I remember correctly, "Possible Issue" due to Scardino's opinion that NPA may have a wayward soldier.

Hersfold then replied that it was, in fact, an intelligence excercise and ended with a casual 'No hard feelings'. Scardino did not take offense. He simply decided not to report any other NPA names that showed up on LWU.RaiderHeaven.com. Fedele gave Scardino a screenshot that was then used to inform the rest of the Generals in LWU as was standard practice. Any information held by one General is given to the others.

Insane Power of The Lexicon then sent Scardino a telegram asking him if Lone Wolves United had recently caught a spy from TNP, Scardino replied with the screen shot coupled with a nonchalant emoticon calmly drinking coffee and looking at papers. I would produce a direct quote or screen shot but Scardino and I were both banned from The Lexicon's forum. Insane Power somehow used this to come to the conclusion that someone from TNP was also practicing on The Lexicon and he apparently took it a bit more seriously than Scardino or Hersfold had.
For those who didn't see it:

Fedele says:

Daimiaena, who is apparently a member of the NPA, attempted to enlist in Lone Wolves United's army as "Dongadongadonga". They are not acting in a manner that would imply that they were sent to Lone Wolves United by orders of our intel department.

I thought you might like to know that.

Hersfold basically said Daim was actually spying on LWU on behalf of TNP. He ended it with something along the lines of "No hard feelings, eh?"

I replied:

If I used emoticons, which I don't, I would use this one:

fishattack.gif

Now, this is obviously damning evidence. :rofl:

Umm, the Lexicon do not make decisions through the call of just Cath and IP. We are a true democracy and, the high council and founders have as much of a say as anyone. They must be consulted before a decision is reached, and, as proved recently on the Lexicon, they have the judgement and reason far beyond the average. If they feel that the evidence is required here, they would post it.

What point are you trying to make....The Lex have declared war on TNP supposedly based on this evidence....And yet this evidence shows nothing that actually has any relevance to the LEX whatsoever...

Yes...it's true..Daimiaena acting as Dongadongadonga has been proven to be an incompetnent operative with the NPIA...but that is no proof whatsoever of any connection between the nation Daimiaena and the nation Paintdrying...the latter of whom has been proven by the Lexicon's own "evidence" to be a part of a different region....
Sorry, but are you really attempting to claim that a region that has the same name as your nation, and which holds several of your puppets, has no connection to you?

It is hardly farfetched to think that Paintdrying is another one of your puppets.

Whether or not it was sanctioned or not by Hersfold or others, or whether it had something to do with TNP, I will not touch on, and TNP and Lexi can keep at each others' throats about who did what.

But really, Daim, your protestations smack of desperation and don't make much sense.

Oh, and Fedele? If I punch Scardino in the face, will you have a black eye tomorrow? :fish:

Yes...it's true..Daimiaena acting as Dongadongadonga has been proven to be an incompetnent operative with the NPIA...but that is no proof whatsoever of any connection between the nation Daimiaena and the nation Paintdrying...the latter of whom has been proven by the Lexicon's own "evidence" to be a part of a different region....
Sorry, but are you really attempting to claim that a region that has the same name as your nation, and which holds several of your puppets, has no connection to you?

It is hardly farfetched to think that Paintdrying is another one of your puppets.

Whether or not it was sanctioned or not by Hersfold or others, or whether it had something to do with TNP, I will not touch on, and TNP and Lexi can keep at each others' throats about who did what.

But really, Daim, your protestations smack of desperation and don't make much sense.

Oh, and Fedele? If I punch Scardino in the face, will you have a black eye tomorrow? :fish:
If a freind of yours creates a region and calls it Astarial....does that make every country in that region a puppet of yours....?

Gee...thanks for that Fedele...the truth is that simple...I introduced some freinds to NS....they started a region in honour of me....quite embaressing really....I do not deny the presence of some of my puppets there....but beleive it or not some of the nations there do have minds of their own and have their own agendas...in this case I had mentioned to the player behind Paintdrying that Cathyy and IP had been spectacularily rude to me when I first joined TNP..and they took it upon themselves to see what they could do in return...niether they nor I had any intention of starting a full blown war....though I have a feeling that Lex didn't really need an excuse and this is more to do with anti-ADN feelings....

Umm, the Lexicon do not make decisions through the call of just Cath and IP. We are a true democracy and, the high council and founders have as much of a say as anyone. They must be consulted before a decision is reached, and, as proved recently on the Lexicon, they have the judgement and reason far beyond the average. If they feel that the evidence is required here, they would post it.
So how's that Kool-Aid taste, mate?

I kicked you out OPA.

Given this post of yours on TNP's RMB I can't imagine you wanted to stay.

True North Pacific patriots endorse OPArsenal.

They also don't believe word one that Cathyy says. Or anyone else from the Lexicon for that matter. Excepting Wilkshire 

By the way Wilks' thinks it's quite amusing that you still like him.

I believe that you're confusing a game, and how to make it interesting, with real life. As I have posted before, this is a game based around politics. No politician would let an eye slip from a possible rival, or their ally in that matter, and, as I'm sure some of you have an account on our forum, we have some on yours. There is no reason to bring this down to personal attacks, by either side. It's important to remember that a game is fun until it gets out of hand. If you are reading something and it makes you angry in a game, think what you should do. There is almost always a civil way to handle things in nationstates. Even if that civil way is to ignore the person who is annoying you.

If a freind of yours creates a region and calls it Astarial....does that make every country in that region a puppet of yours....?
I didn't try to claim that every nation in there is a puppet of yours. What I said was that it is hardly unreasonable to think that a region which has the same name as your nation is yours, and it is hardly unreasonable to think that a certain nation belongs to you, given that there are several of your admitted puppets in there, puppets that were used for spying.

In addition, if anyone other than me created such a region, I'd be making it pretty damn clear that it's not my region and the nations in it aren't my puppets. NS has had issues with imposters before.

How clever of you to work out that the whole of The Lexicon does not have access to the Founder nation.....fantastic work!

Our Senate procedures makes specific provision for how ejections may happen, and how they must be reported to our Senate.

Special provisions apply in times of declared war.

Guess who wrote those rules?

The Senate, so I guess they're pretty happy with them :)

EDIT: OPA wasn't a Lexicon Citizen either by the way ;)

Our Senate procedures makes specific provision for how ejections may happen, and how they must be reported to our Senate.
I thought Cathyy was not a part of the Lexicon.

This whole thread has become pointless, to be honest. The Lex aren't gonna do anything to us, because they can't.

This whole thread has become pointless, to be honest. The Lex aren't gonna do anything to us, because they can't.
Agreed. I would love to see them try.

Agreed. I would love to see them try.
I think all of us would. TNP has been stable for far too long. :angel:

By the way Wilks' thinks it's quite amusing that you still like him.
Friends will be friends.

So I was kicked because you presumed I didn't want to stay? A non-UN puppet really poses a threat to your region, right?

You're pathetic.

Indeed I am disgusted by the Lexicon's lack of proper law and order and instead it's submission to government by people.

The world has fundamentally seen 2 kinds of systems-- government by people and government by paper. The Lexicon is government by people, but when people get power people can become corrupt! I much prefer government by paper, as in The North Pacific!

*Plays patriotic music*

Man, all that time in the RR and Laz, and you are already knowledgeable about Lexiconian politics?

I have got to learn your study technique!

Man, all that time in the RR and Laz, and you are already knowledgeable about Lexiconian politics?

I have got to learn your study technique!
:blush:

I've been wandering around the last while. Reading.

Anyways, the paper/people thing is a personal principle. I believe in the letter of the law. Application to the Lexicon and The North Pacific isn't too hard. I mean, their founders are apparently given free reign to do whatever with banning and ejection-- trusting in Personal Authority rather than Legal Rules. It's pretty clear...

Try reading some more. You've obviously missed the topics in which Cath has been campaigning against unconstitutional actions here. And, paper cannot function without paper and vice versa.

And, we have a clear system of doing things, everything legislated on our forum.

Edit: this is an open statement to the natives of Lexicon currently in TNP

Could I ask you why you are here in TNP....not in a go away sort of way...just out of curiosity...why are the lex so concerned with TNP constitution....it does not affect them...If they were to become TNP residents then I would understand....but to claim that this war is about The constitution...or even more crazy...too much moderation on the OOC forum....or....Give me strength.....To claim that this war is to do with the alleged espionage....all of these claims have no real reasoning behind them....Can you tell the truth about why the Lexicon are invading TNP....

Senate rules about ejection...  Like the ones that were NOT followed when I got ejected...
I've checked our records Alhoma.

Just to give a little detail. You openly admitted leaving The Lexicon as Alhoma and then attempted to re-enter undetected as Church Inquisitors. (Now let me think where we've heard this one before :eyeroll:)

As CI you attempted to become a Senator although you are still the only application our Senate has ever rejected.

You were ejected from The Lexicon on 11th March.

The Ejection Law which you may be referring to was at that time being discussed by The Senate but a vote on it had not even begun.

IP, as the Founder who ejected you, followed the then custom and practice of that time and posted in our Discussion area, in a thread which still remains open and was and is viewable to all Lexiconians.

All responses in that thread supported the decision to eject you.

I presume you aren't trying to suggest that in your case we should have followed procedures which didn't even exist at that time?

I have no further comment about that matter except to say.

I believe that is a matter for The Lexicon who have no need to justify themselves to outsiders such as you.

I am rather interested that no official or otherwise of TNP has considered whether there is a way to bring an end to this war, rather than by trying to shout out Lexiconians in TNP, both on the RMB and in the forum.

Why should they bother? You lot started the war, and TNP's delegacy is pretty much secure from you, unless you can get 400+ endorsements in a fast enough time for Eras et al to not notice and eject you. So why should the onus be upon them to seek peace?

They're the ones wringing their hands in horror.

I believe Flem commented on the RMB yesterday about how war costs the region nations. (I have no way of telling if that assertion is even correct of course).

I'm not even saying they should. I was just interested that no-one had. It's one thing to complain about something. Quite another to do anything to fix it of course.

Back