Moving toward active use

Since it looks like we are very, very close to kicking this thing off, I think we ought to get a few regulatory things set up.

First, as we have mentioned in some of the threads in here, rampant inflation is going to be an issue. As such, as we are opening for business, I would like the governing body/government say 'DONE", and cap the money supply at, let's say, 300,000 as-yet-unnamed-currency-units, including the 23X,XXX that are in circulation (based on the total post count on the main page). The remainder goes to the North Pacific Bank.

Second, we create the Bank. I would imagine a board of 3 or so participants, well versed in such things as economics. These folks handle the loaning, the policy, etc. We also create a Teller account, which is the one with Admin panel access to make the AYUCU changes. This pass for this account would, more than likely, be given to a volunteer GMod, due to 1.) the increased workload (voluntary) and 2.) level of trust involved (GMod).

At this point, question 1 goes before the bank - how much longer do we keep paying 10 AYUCU per post, lest the whole shebang go broke?

I'm sure more questions will come, but I do think capping the AYUCU supply (at least on a long-interval temporary basis) is going to be essential in getting this thing to work, not to mention crucial in making the idea of a post-based commodity market feasible. :ph34r:

I'd be happy to assist in treasury in any way. Wait. Does this mean that there will be an IRS or something? Oh! And, are there going to be loans? Of course, that would give the IRS a reason to be constructed. DARN IT!

I think the treasury is going to have to be run by Flem and I for now, simply because of how everything is currently set up. That shouldn't extend to anything more than monentary transactions, though.
We also create a Teller account, which is the one with Admin panel access to make the AYUCU changes.
Heh... oops, you already answered that.

At this point, question 1 goes before the bank - how much longer do we keep paying 10 AYUCU per post, lest the whole shebang go broke?

Weeeelll.... the problem is, the second I change the amount of money issued per post, everybody's cash balance changes. So if it gets set to zero, poof, there goes all our money. I'd need to document everyone's cash balance at a certain point one day and manually credit that to everyone's account. Not fun or particularly easy.

Then there's the issue of newcomers having absolutely no cash when they join, and pretty much no way of getting any very easily.

Back