Choose

Summer.

Alrighty. So two trains (A and B) are about to collide in the middle, killing 5 people tied to the tracks. However, you or the other person may redirect the other train to kill just one person.

However, if only one of you redirects a train (e.g. A) , the other train (B) will kill the 5 and the other person (person controlling A).

You cannot communicate with each other. You are controlling train A.

Will you choose to send it down the middle, killing 5 and potentially the other person, or redirect it, killing 1 and potentially sacrificing yourself (and, with the 5 that die in the middle as B hurtles past, meaning the 1 died in vain).

Both people controlling the trains should want to only kill 1 person instead of 5, so they would redirect it to save 4 people. Since both people would redirect the train, I would not die.

If you had to win a coin flip, would you pick heads or tails?

Camping, hotels are all the same.

Live isolated in the middle of the woods for 30 years or live on a small boat for 30 years?

Bicycle, I don't feel like risking death on the main road. I'd prefer risking death on the side of the road. Plus you can ride bicycles in parks and sidewalks and stuff.

Live in a mansion in a hot climate without electricity, or live in a dinky rundown apartment in a bad part of town but with top-of-the-line internet and computer equipment

Being the predictable liberal that I am, solar systems and windmills. I choose to assume that by solar system you refer to solar power from the sun as we understand it, and not some sort of contraption that derives power from the solar system itself. Cleaner safer energy without the risk of nuclear meltdowns and radiation.

Have all your expenses paid for life, but you either have to give up 6 inches in height or gain 100 pounds that you can never work off

I'm not sure I understand the question...I would prefer my own child over an adopted one in terms of choosing how to have a kid. I don't know if, having at least one child of each kind, I would pick one over the other if I had to engage in human sacrifice or something. If I have to choose one of them for a specific reason, I suppose it depends on the talents and skills they have, I would choose strategically. But other than choosing where the kid comes from, I don't think I would have a bias in favor of one over the other.

Eat moldy cheese or drink brackish water?

egg made the chicken, the stuff used to form the first egg was found in a combination between two not fully chickens

go through all of your school years again or jump into quicksand.

Back