Campaign Against Spam Warning Center

There was a nation that posted an ad over a page long, I know at least Nam saw it. So, I sent him a TG. Basically... first the generic TG, then telling him he *could* be banned, then reminding him that there is still a rule against just spam, which a page long ad comes pretty close to in my opinion.

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 15 hours ago
I cannot be banned from a region I am not a part of. There are no rules in the FAQs stating that feeder regions may choose to impose limits on recruitment spam. Therefore, I'll exercise my obvious right.

Good day

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 12 hours ago
I think that the word for is most definitely spamming, but because yours is a feeder region, it's legal. Therefore, I will continue. Because your Delegate is never on when I am, he will not have the opportunity to eject me. Your threats seem cowardly to me, almost futile. Yes, I will continue. I have the backing of three empires. Good day

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 10 hours ago
And there is absolutely no rule against spamming in feeder regions. The backing of three empires will protect my region and her territories from you.

*wonders who is first on list once Eras becomes delegaate*

Did you send them any replies, or did they just rattle off three TG's at you?

I think it might be time to crank up the ridicule on them. I just had a quick look at their region, and the 5 regions that they claim on their RMB, and in their telegrams, to have conquered, were all founded by the founder of Hibernia. Considering Hibernia and the five "conquered" region have about 12 nations all together, I'm not entirely certain the whole empire isn't just one individuals puppets...

edit - and if anyone was wondering, a delegaate is like a delegate, but better... :blush:

*wonders who is first on list once Eras becomes delegaate*

Did you send them any replies, or did they just rattle off three TG's at you?

I think it might be time to crank up the ridicule on them. I just had a quick look at their region, and the 5 regions that they claim on their RMB, and in their telegrams, to have conquered, were all founded by the founder of Hibernia. Considering Hibernia and the five "conquered" region have about 12 nations all together, I'm not entirely certain the whole empire isn't just one individuals puppets...

edit - and if anyone was wondering, a delegaate is like a delegate, but better... :blush:
:lol:

Yeah, I sent them TGs in between. Trying not to be too condescending though. But I think I *will* send what I was thinking for the 4th one.

I hear the "Invaders" are migrating currently. Perhaps we could get them to "flock" for a bit...

There was a nation that posted an ad over a page long, I know at least Nam saw it. So, I sent him a TG. Basically... first the generic TG, then telling him he *could* be banned, then reminding him that there is still a rule against just spam, which a page long ad comes pretty close to in my opinion.

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 15 hours ago
I cannot be banned from a region I am not a part of. There are no rules in the FAQs stating that feeder regions may choose to impose limits on recruitment spam. Therefore, I'll exercise my obvious right.

Good day

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 12 hours ago
I think that the word for is most definitely spamming, but because yours is a feeder region, it's legal. Therefore, I will continue. Because your Delegate is never on when I am, he will not have the opportunity to eject me. Your threats seem cowardly to me, almost futile. Yes, I will continue. I have the backing of three empires. Good day

The Protectorate of Hibernian Subjects  Received: 10 hours ago
And there is absolutely no rule against spamming in feeder regions. The backing of three empires will protect my region and her territories from you.
For that kind of ad (and response), the recruiter should just be banned on sight.

The Constitutional Monarchy of Erzen Embassy
recruitment ad for The Balkans, 17 lines (limit +2).

[edit: spelling, as usually]

New Delfur:

Are you bored of your current life in NS, do you long for being involved in the running of the region you live in.
I would like to invite you to invasoin square. It is located far away from the rest of NS so the nations can live there lives in peace.

We are in the Process of building the Government as I post this message & you can be involved in this process if you are quick.

Our Forum sites is at:
Go take a quick look & see what where about

If this interests you, all you have to do is:
1- Select "World" on the Left hand side of your screen.
2- In the "Find a region" box type “invasion square”
3- Then hit "Move <your nation's name> to “invasoin square”

new delfur

we are currently looking for a UN delegate and members.

4 reasons to join my region invasoin square:
1. because, I asked you nicely.
2. because it could be great.
3. because it cuold be brilliant.
4. because you're worth it!

Usually I'm pretty lenient (15-20 lines, not counting spaces is okay), but his use of spacing was ridiculous!

MESSAGE SENT:

I would like to draw your attention to the 15-line limit on recruitment ads. Not only did your post contain more than 15 lines, it contained unnecessary use of spacing and profanity. If you wish to continue recruiting in the North Pacific, please respect Regional Law.

-Apollo-Industria

RECRUITMENT AD:

Region: Crusader Knighthood

World Factbook Entry: Thus Saith the Lord:

The conquest and liberation of the holy land from Muslim domination and the defense of pilgrims.

A Code of Chivalry of all Knights: Prowess, Justice, Truth, Loyalty, Defence, Courage, Faith, Humility, Largesse, Nobility, Franchise.

We pledge our livelihoods to the sacred Order.

Enemies of the Order: Muslims, Pagans, Buddihsts, Hindus, Mormons, Atheists/Agnostics, and any religion or organization that rejects the Messiah.

Founded on 11/27/06

JOIN CRUSADER KNIGHTHOOD TODAY AND KICK SOME MUSLIM ASS

His use of spacing was ridiculous. He also went over the 15-line limit rule and used profanity in a recruitment ad. That really stung me. :headbang:

I believe this breaks the 15 line limit. Posted by New Macorixes

. . . . . . . /|~-__
. . . . . . .//; . . . ~~~~-~---____
. . . . . . /// . . . .//. . . . . . . . . . ~~;
. . . . . ./// . .==//==. . . Region . . ./
. . . . . /// . . . // . . . . . . of . . . . /
. . . . .//'_ . . .//. . . . . Christ . . . /
. . . . //. . ~~~-____ . . . . . . . . /
. . . .// . . . . . . . . .~~~~~~~_/
. . . //
. . .//• PROCLAMATION TO THE FAITHFUL: You are wanted and needed in the Region of Christ!
. . //• Do you want more than mere political jargon and role-play? Check out the Region of Christ!
. .//• Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of people? Come to the Region of Christ!
. //• Are you a noobie still learning the ropes? Learn the game in the Region of Christ!
.//• There is life outside the game-created regions. Find and enjoy it in the Region of Christ!
//• Follow the path to Christ: http://www.nationstates.net/region=christ

Here's another one. Posted by Yankee City.

Hello Everyone:
We want all of YOU to join the world of rocket scientists, the region promoting freedom, equality and a strong military. We welcome all nations that truly believe in that most noble of form of government, democracy. All our regional officials are voted in democratically, so no matter who you are, you could become one! At the moment we have an elite team of nations working to push the ideals of Democracy further, and we need YOU to help. We want you to join not just because we want to make peace and rule in a free way but because we will listen to and help you with your issues.

Join the world of rocket scientists today!

"Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity."- Albert Einstein

To join:
1, Press the 'World' button on the side menu.
2, At the bottom of the 'World' page type in 'the world of rocket scientists' in the 'Find region' box.
3, Press 'Enter'.
4, Then simply press 'Move [your nation] to the world of rocket scientists'!

I think it is also important to undertake an awareness campaign as well as notify offenders.

There is no stopping a spammer unless you call in the almighty mods. We need to go 'all hearts and minds' rather then pi$$ing them off, at least then they will be willing to co-operate.

a flamer (or troll or whatever you call it):

Are you a Spammer?

Are you sick of Line Limits?

Post your ad in 'AdSpam Deluxe'!

AdSpam Deluxe provides you a region dedicated to spammers!

Keep the feeders happy, and post in AdSpam Deluxe!

By AdSpam_Founder

Also cracked down on Valcoma:

---------------- WALL STREET ----------------

I would like to personally encourage and invite you to move to Wall Street.

Wall Street is a centre of the free market, capitalism and national sovereignty where all nations are welcome to come and make their home.

We offer:

- An excellent forum with multiple designs, at http://wallstreet.spreebb.com
- Roleplay, political debate and general discussions
- Friendly and experienced members

- The opportunity to become the UN Delegate for the region
- The ability to advance quickly
- The chance to take part in the creation of a powerful region

You can help Wall Street grow and become one of the most powerful regions in NationStates; join us today.

If you have any questions, about Wall Street or NationStates in general, feel free to ask.

Here's another one. Posted by Yankee City.

Hello Everyone:
We want all of YOU to join the world of rocket scientists, the region promoting freedom, equality and a strong military. We welcome all nations that truly believe in that most noble of form of government, democracy. All our regional officials are voted in democratically, so no matter who you are, you could become one! At the moment we have an elite team of nations working to push the ideals of Democracy further, and we need YOU to help. We want you to join not just because we want to make peace and rule in a free way but because we will listen to and help you with your issues.

Join the world of rocket scientists today!

"Equations are more important to me, because politics is for the present, but an equation is something for eternity."- Albert Einstein

To join:
1, Press the 'World' button on the side menu.
2, At the bottom of the 'World' page type in 'the world of rocket scientists' in the 'Find region' box.
3, Press 'Enter'.
4, Then simply press 'Move [your nation] to the world of rocket scientists'!
Thos damn Yankees! :lol:

We need an RMB anti-spam strikeforce. How about an NPA mission (which wouldn't interfere if done right, where I can send in people to 'de-spam' the RMB with legitimate posts? I'd be more than happy to help out.

Valcoma has disregarded the rule a second time. This is his second warning. He is still recruiting for Wall Street.

I have also cracked down on Negavalo:

.:::ATTENTION:::.

THE LEGION OF UNRESTRICTED DEMOCRACY IS LOOKING FOR NEW MEMBERS.

We need new members to bring some life back into the region so we're spreading the word about all the great benefits of being a part of L.O.U.D.

+PUBLIC VOTING ON UN RESOLUTIONS
+PUBLIC VOTING ON REGION LAWS
+OPEN RPs AND MORE ON THE FORUM
+DIRECT ELECTIONS EVERY TWO MONTHS
+PUBLIC RECRUITING FOR GOVERNMENT OFFICES
---MILITARY
---INTEL
---INTERNAL/FOREIGN AFFAIRS
---FORUM MODERATION (only teh l33t need apply)
---RAIDING/DEFENDING
---ADMINISTRATION AND MORE!

Please feel free to visit LOUD or send me a telegram if you have any questions.

Mike G. Negavalo
Founder and Delegate
Legion Of Unrestricted Democracy

a flamer (or troll or whatever you call it):

Are you a Spammer?

Are you sick of Line Limits?

Post your ad in 'AdSpam Deluxe'!

AdSpam Deluxe provides you a region dedicated to spammers!

Keep the feeders happy, and post in AdSpam Deluxe!

By AdSpam_Founder
believe it or not, but that's the region's name and purpose is meant for.

(but an pointless region, admittly)

Anti-Userite on rampage:

60 minutes ago
The Democratic Republic of --Iceland--
Hey People and Addvertisers here is a tip,

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE NORTH PACIFIC!!!!!!!!!!

First off, this coul offend a lot of "userites". Secondly, this could discourage people to come to the North Pacific in fear that our leaders are anti-userite tyrants. Thirdly, it could encourage many recruiters to go over the 15-line limit. My suspicion is that this man is an inquisitor or just a plain old anti-userite.

"A third warning could result in the banning of Valcoma from the North Pacific or, as much as I hate to say it, Wall Street could be banned from recruiting in the feeder region."

Oh please do explain to me how you would actually do that.

Their words
My words

This was from the founder of Wall Street, Old Libertaria, after I informed him of Valcoma's recruitment ignorance.

Just to add to the whole Valcoma affair, when I sent him a telegram asking him to consider reducing the line limit, he sent me back the following in reply:

Here is something to consider:

- Your rule is not a game enforced rule, so do not threaten me.
- The feeders were created for the birth of new nations, not for people to get active in them and form governments.
- I have a right to advertise.

Something needs to be done.

Here is something to consider:

- Your rule is not a game enforced rule, so do not threaten me.
- The feeders were created for the birth of new nations, not for people to get active in them and form governments.
- I have a right to advertise.

He is right, here, you know. It's jsut the way he advertises. how many times has he posted a long one?

Here is AC Recruiter's:

Greetings, great leader!

I represent the region of "Aeazer", and it is my pleasure to extend to your honourable nation an invitation to join our region. A collective of only the most skilled and dedicated nations bound together in soul purpose: to form an organisation that will empower the common people of NationStates, allow them to reach their full potential and escape a purposeless end, and exert our will over the people of NS to save them all from the dark influence of greed, selfishness, capitalism and bigotry. We are here to bring light to the world. We are the real liberators of NationStates, for instead of starting by destroying governments and empires, we reshape the minds of the world.

For far too long, the wicked superpowers of NS have robbed nations like you and ours of our souls, minds, and purpose. However, now an organisation has risen to stand up to the mental oppression of the world's great empires! Aeazer!

We allow any nation to be with us, whether you be a dictator or have no government at all. We may not share political views, but those who share their time on earth with us are bound as brothers and sistsers. We must stand united. Only with numbers can we power the aspects of Aeazer that can provide anyone with the occupation they enjoy, be it an army, spy network, police force, newspaper, or what have you.

Become an Aeazen nation, and help change the face of Nation States thought and NationStates politics.
Visit our forum at: aeazencombine.org, and decide with honour, and with an open mind.
Recruitment Video: [blank]
Forums: www.aeazencombine.org
Region: Aeazer

Here is Red Back's from Red Back Island:

Are you bored of your current life in NS, do you long for being involved in the running of the region you live in.
I would like to invite you to Red Back Island. It is located far away from the rest of NS so the nations can live there lives in peace.

We are in the Process of building the Government as I post this message & you can be involved in this process if you are quick.
Our First appointed UN Delegate has just taken office & is already running there section on the forum

Our Forum sites is at:http://z11.invisionfree.com/Red_Back_Island/index.php?
Go take a quick look & see what where about

If this interests you, all you have to do is:
1- Select "World" on the Left hand side of your screen.
2- In the "Find a region" box type “Red Back Island”
3- Then hit "Move <your nation's name> to “Red Back Island”

Thanks for reading this recruiting message.

Red Back Island Recruiter

The United Kingdom of Conservative UK has exceeded the 15 line limit. Here is his/her post.

Hello,

I am a representative of The United Kingdom. We are a fast growing region
and have numerous goals. We are based on the British Westminister
Government. We would like to invite you to our region.

The UK as it is sometimes called is a constitutional monarchy region. We are
proud supporters of democracy and have free elections. We also have
our own forum, army, website, and online government.

The UK is a proud imperial region that hopes to become an empire soon
and have a great reputation of helping the regions rebuild from invasions. We
are also defender regions which mean that we only fight regions if they have
attacked our soil.

We also have a government. We currently have upcoming elections in the
Senate and welcome all to participate and join a political party

So join this fast growing region.
1)Click on "The World" on the left of your screen
2)Under the "Find Region" bar type "The United Kingdom"."
3)Click "Find Region"
4)Click on "Move______________to The United Kingdom

The United Kingdom-Licentia Parilitas Varietas

I have sent them a warning.

The United Kingdom of Conservative UK has broken the 15 line again. This is the second time . I have sent a second warning to them. If this occurs again I think something should be done about it.

Lethen exceeded the line limit:

Great Britain and Ireland ~

*If you do join the region, please TG the Immigration Director, Lethen, to tell him who recruited you. Thank you!*

*Opportunity; from day one in our region you can get as involved you wish.

*Activity; there has hardly been a day in over a year on which our forums haven't been bustling to better the region.

*Democracy; with a sophisticated governmental system modeled after that of Great Britain itself, regional decisions are made by your elected officials, until you become an official yourself.

*Power; a world~renown military gives each member a chance to earn merits and honors.

*Fun; with members from all around the globe and countless threads intended only for your enjoyment, there is never a dull day in GB&I.

For a fully-detailed message on what you can expect from GB&I, please do listen to this recorded message: http://media.putfile.com/Recruitment-56

(we will be glad to see your comments in the above link)

Join us and see for yourself ~ THE British region!

Irish Hero:

Greetings, New Nations of NationStates!

My name is Irish Hero, and I am here to invite you to the new region of the "Irish Republic." We were founded on the 27th of December. We have a Regional Map, Political Debates section, a new Parliament, and more!

Our Government was just started today, and we have positions that need to be filled! From now until New Year's Day, you can be appointed to a position! Not elected!

If you would like to move to the Irish Republic, then just follow these three easy steps.

1.) Tired of Life in the North/East/West/South Pacific? Then move to a new region!
2.) Type in "Irish Republic"
3.) Click "Like what you see? Move to "Irish Republic" today!

I hope to see you there!

Sincerely,
Irish Republic Recruiter

The One Billion NeoKingdom of Aephrivia has exceeded the 15 line limit. I have issued a warning to them.

Back