Where Am I?

wai22.jpg

026429A.jpg

wai23.jpg

Oh, I was expecting some "hah, it looks like Hawaii but it isn't"-answer. :w00t:

Mabe it is Hilo?

(in fact I don't have any clue)

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that no one is even on the right island yet. The good news is that I get to post more pics! :D

The town is a mere 11-mile hike from the most spectacular of sites:

wai24.jpg

Photo7.jpg

Fine, only 5 islands left, so it should be easy now. Unfortunately I did not pay enough attention watching Magnum PI. :tb3:

Maui island was not yet in the game and matches "spectacular", so maybe it is Kipahulu?

edit: changing my guess

Both of those places are breathtaking. Kipahulu is noted for the series of waterfalls that cascade into what is commonly refered to as the Seven Pools. Waipio is a stunning valley that is inaccessible except by jeep or mule. Neither guess is correct. This place has a proper town, and the crop you see in the first picture is taro, from which poi is made.

Malta is not correct.

This pic is a few miles away, but still belongs (somehow) to the place I'm looking for.

This pic is from the actual place:

I've been there, but is a long time ago since I have enjoyed two weeks of diving.

This is not yet correct.

*googles*

It is a little better than Korcula.
And it is not on an island. Well, not really.

My personal story for this place:
I stayed in a little hotel on the bigger island when Yugoslavia was still existing and the hotel in one of the photos was not. On two days, our hosts recommend not to go into the village because of some trouble going on between ethnic groups. Nobody of us tourist could imagine what would happen during the next years. :tb3:
Happy ending: The diving base still exists, is flourishing and growing, and our host are still alive.

Back