Where Am I?

Did I really write something about working in pharmaceuticals? :blink: Oh dear, I am really getting older. Can't remember...

Here we go again:

As nearly usual, this place has a certain connection to me.

I bought a Ravensburg puzzle yesterday. They make very good ones. It takes me a couple of weeks to finish one.
A couple of weeks? :tb1:
3.000 pieces, blue ship in blue sea with blue sky?
Such things will make me lose patience in less than one hour. :boom

Bradford (you mean the West Yorkshire one?) is worse than Worcester.

The place is somehow related to my job.
Here are more pics:

and after 8 attempts with imageshack:

Worcester is still the best guess so far, but if you only look at England not yet good.
Bradford and Exeter are both equally bad (more or less, have not measured exactly the distances).

The city has a little less than 100.000 citizens and one of the pictures above gives you a hint to one its most famous sons.

Kettering?

I don't do the puzzles *by myself*... friends, family, kids' friends, kids' friends' family, whoever happens to stop by and add a few pieces. It's more fun that way.

Considering the theatre plan...Stratford-upon-Avon? :P

(I know, it's ridiculous, 23,000 habitants are not really a bit less than 100,000...but I have no clue...)

Is it on the seaside? And are the pics up there the most famous landmarks of the town, or does it have other attractions also? Is there another church, notably?

Stratford-upon-Avon: a little better than Worcester
Kettering: A little better than Stratford

The city is not directly on the seaside, but not far away. A bigger town is nearby.

Some of the pics are well-known landmarks there.
Here are the best-known ones:

Near the place and maybe the most famous landmark:

Man, you made this really easy, right...
Sorry, but there are really no better photos available to satisfy you. The building/site in the last picture is REALLY famous (if you like shopping), trust me.

Going east was not a bad idea, but Kettering is still the best so far.

Direction is good!

If you live there, you are most likely to commute and get stuck in traffic. The "theater plan" is connected to the world famous son of the town. In fact there are two, and they really rock.
The historic picture is the same site as the second picture and related to my job. Here is another historic one:

I'm wasting my time with that...

It is NOT: Duxford, Newton, Melbourn, Swaffham Prior, Cheveley, Burwell, Somersham, St. Ives, Pidley, Godmanchester, Ramsey, Whittlesey. Blerg.
Good night.

VZEdit: Littleport, Ely, Chatteris, neither.

Oh dear, I could not imagine this is so difficult.
It is near a big city. This city has a few million inhabitants.
This city has something to do which my job and this is in the pharmaceuticals branch. In some of the picture you see current and historic pictures of one of the (former) biggest production sites of one of the (still) biggest pharmaceutical companies worldwide.
The city has two famous (still) rocking sons despite their age.

If this is no satisfaction for your information need I am helpless.

Always happy to make you helpless!

(Because, that is no satisfaction at all!)

Brentford? (A randomly picked GSK production-site)

No, forget Brentford.

Harlow?

Always happy to make you helpless!

(Because, that is no satisfaction at all!)

Brentford? (A randomly picked GSK production-site)

No, forget Brentford.

Harlow?
GSK is good.
Brentford = GSK-House = white collar admin people only, no production.
Harlow = research people, no production

The pictures are from a production site with rich history that used to be big but no longer is, now only producing a couple of active ingredients.

You will get no satisfaction:ill: when you just pick random sites.

Dartford?
:worship: Finally! Go ahead. Maybe use Paris or Moscow or something similar as recreation.

During my last job, I used to visit the GSK site a couple of times, thus my relation to the town. The historic pictures and the second picture are from the GSK site in Temple Hill. Unfortunately, most of the site was closed down during that time and I was part of making this happen.
The theater plan is from the The Mick Jagger Center.
The shopping center is the well-known Bluewater" (no UK people looking at this thread?), which even has its own comprehensive Wikipedia entry.

Well...you should have left away the direction hints, perhaps! It made me think all the time that you meant Birmingham as this big city near!

Take that:

muni.jpg

muni1.jpg

muni2.jpg

muni3.jpg

Anyone wanna say again I'm not altruistic ?!

Now enough recreation, give us something difficult, GBM! :P

Next weekend I will be there, btw!

*sigh*

Torinoooo....

There isn't a city or even a town to speak of here, so I'll accept any of the 3 nearest towns or the waterway pictured here:

wia37.jpg

wai36.jpg

wai38.jpg

And yes, those people just jumped off the bridge.

wai39.jpg

My favorite sport. Been here. Done that!

It is in the US. I'll get back to you with information on the nearest town. IIRC it's a general store with a gas pump out front and an outhouse out back.

Woot! That's the place. :D It's the New River and it is one of the best for whitewater in the eastern US. BTW, I would have also accepted Beckley or Summersville, WV.

Back