Pet Peeves

Proprietary Software (Adagio Ledger)

Would it have been that difficult to include a simple import from a CSV file rather than me having to spend 7 freaking hours manually entering the budget information into an Excel spreadsheet! Time for a future program enhancement.

PP: The only tea in the office is goofy herbal stuff with NO CAFFEINE. :mad:

@DD: I remember 27 cents a gallon. :o Four of us could scrape together a buck 75 and cruise for the better part of the night.

PP: Non-sensical policies. An example: my work has a fine cafeteria that only accepts cash payment. The company has thoughtfully provided an ATM machine nearby to allow the non-planing-ahead employees (such as me) with access to cash. There's a small catch though. The bank machine only coughs out $20 bills. Today, the cafeteria staff announced they will no longer accept denominations of $20 or more. I refrained from stomping anyone upon learning of this new policy, but it was a close call. I was very hungry. :(

Ohhh, long rants, good good.

PP: The media. Don't get me wrong, news and stuff is good. I'm just getting pissed off with it all. Important news is ignored for the trivial and the sesational stuff. Its was bad enough when it was just the tabloids doing it, but at least you could avoid them by avoiding anything with a poorly spelt headline. But now everywhere is doing it. If they are not harping on about the dangers of bird flu (quite frankly off the top of my head I could name at least 10 diseases I've got more chance of catching and less chance of liking), then they are acting all amazed that there are suddenly huge numbers of knife attacks, in a week when they are actually looking for them. Of course they might have noticed the same amount last week but something stunningly important was capturing the head lines. What was it again... Oh yeah, whether someones foot will be better soon. I can understand that people enjoy football and its important to them, but the fact that all the news chnnels had reporters outside a hospital for a whole day to get 5 minutes of footage (hehe) of a car driving by, while admitting that the results of the scan wouldn't be announced until tomorrow anyway. Worst of all is next week some new story will hit the headline, and newspapers will be up in arms about something. And not once will they pause to think that if they themsleves reported on the important issues people actually might have cared soon enough it do something about it...

Oh, and as its partly the peoples fault for buying into this drivel...

PP: The vast majority of humanity.

PP: The fact that we let Virtual Boy slip through our careless fingers because there happens to be a great majority of wankers around here. At least, several of them. Whom I'm going to start referring to as the "Bill in Syracuse" club because they take things so damn seriously. Way to shoot the forums in the foot there, guys. You're idiots.

[/IG misses her favorite Englishman rant]

Turbulence! Try skirting a large lake in a Piper Navajo @ 2500 feet! Feel the thermals in all of their glory!

PP: People who think that mind-readers don't exist. Yes, you. And you. Don't say you didn't say that, I know your thoughts. Don't change them now.

pp: jealous Arsenal fans, who do not even know which division they will be playing in next season.
It's crap and you know it.

PP: Not being able to focus on a common enemy.

Let's pick on a side that's in REAL trouble: sucks for Juve.

Back