Dear DD

Dear DD,

Thank you for your last piece of advice, the blood is cleaned up but I will always have a memento of victory over my enemies. Having won, I feel so empty now. What do you suggest I do next?

~Ash Master Flash

Dear DD,

I've recently been suffering from a virus called Ross River Virus. It's only around in Australia and a few small islands that surround the country. Most people don't know what it is, so it's hard to explain. How should I make it clear to them? Should I spread the virus further and risk an apocalypse?

Yours

McM

Dear DD,

How does one become a Vice-Delegate? Does it involve knowledge about ponies?

Thanks in advance,
Lord Nwahs

Dear DD,

Recently I have been in awe of your snarky RMB posts. What advice do you have for a wannabe DD?

Yours in admiration,
McMasterdonia

Ash:
Dear DD,

Thank you for your last piece of advice, the blood is cleaned up but I will always have a memento of victory over my enemies. Having won, I feel so empty now. What do you suggest I do next?

~Ash Master Flash
Dear Ash,

Come back to the forum you big stupid! I miss you. :(

DD

Lord Nwahs:
Dear DD,

How does one become a Vice-Delegate? Does it involve knowledge about ponies?

Thanks in advance,
Lord Nwahs
Dear Lord Nwahs,

If you want your Vice Delegacy to be about ponies, then make it about ponies. If the people believe in you, then you can follow your dreams.

DD

mcmasterdonia:
Dear DD,

I've recently been suffering from a virus called Ross River Virus. It's only around in Australia and a few small islands that surround the country. Most people don't know what it is, so it's hard to explain. How should I make it clear to them? Should I spread the virus further and risk an apocalypse?

Yours

McM
Dearest McMasterdonia,

Sheesh, your health has been bad lately. I think you need to drink more water, get more rest, and not have organs inflamed to the point of being removed. :P

DD

P.S. Oh, and don't explain anything to anybody, just tell them you have that new flu that has been going around and then cough in their faces.

mcmasterdonia:
Dear DD,

Recently I have been in awe of your snarky RMB posts. What advice do you have for a wannabe DD?

Yours in admiration,
McMasterdonia
My loving Admirer McMasterdonia,

My advice for a wannabe DD is to basically have all of my life experiences and read all the books I have read and be a member here for 10 years if they want to be snarky like me.

Pretty easy if you ask me,

DD

Dear DD,

Can you give me some advice on how to handle ignorant college room mates?

Yours,

~Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Dear DD,

Can you give me some advice on how to handle ignorant college room mates?

Yours,

~Tomb
Dear Tomb,

Yes, conflict is generally inevitable when living in close quarters with a seeming stranger. Communication is key in these types of situations, so that little issues do not become large ones. It may be uncomfortable at first to simply voice your feelings, but it is a necessity. Sometimes, it is a clash of personalities which cannot be overcome, and then I would suggest speaking with your RA (resident assistant) so it is on record in case you want to attempt a move.

More specific to your ignorant roommates, as long as it is just ignorance then it seems like a pretty manageable situation. Ignore the ignorance, and understand that a lack of knowledge isn't the worst character trait, as it is something that should hopefully be addressed in the course of their college experience.

I hope that was helpful,

DD

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Dear DD,

Which is the better protein choice at Chipotle?

Steak, Chicken, Carnitas, or Barbacoa?
Hi Chipotle Curious,

I am sorry I will not be able to give an answer as I have never eaten at a Chipotle. My personal preference for meats in Mexican food is definitely beef though, and carnitas are the second choice.

All my best,

DD

Dear DD,

I recently took an unannounced leave of absence from the region for a couple of weeks. I found that the longer I stayed away, the more guilty I felt and the harder it was to return. How do you explain this?

Yours,
McMasterdonia

Dear DD,

What would you buy as a gift for a grand-mother? No special events, just visiting her since I last saw her about 1 year ago.

Yours,

~Tomb

Dear DD,

I have heard that you're an excellent handyman/repairman. My Washing Machine has started leaking water from the bottom. I have no idea why. I don't wish to pay the 75 dollar call out fee for a repairman. What do you suggest?

Yours,
McMasterdonia

Dear DD,

Sorry for my many consultation visits, but I have another question. What type of cheese would you recommend I try out? I usually only eat the classical Kraft cheddar cheese.

~Tomb

Dear DD,

I've recently been experiencing some problems with mould in one of the bathrooms. It has a small window that I leave open 24/7 and I always leave the door open when it is not in use. It really is getting rather annoying, I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to limit the amount of moisture in there?

There is an exhaust fan and it appears to be working well. Any ideas are welcome!

McMasterdonia

Dear DD,

How do you believe that the universe was created?
Sorry if I am sounding too philosophical.

Yours,

~ Tomb

mcmasterdonia:
Dear DD,

I recently took an unannounced leave of absence from the region for a couple of weeks. I found that the longer I stayed away, the more guilty I felt and the harder it was to return. How do you explain this?

Yours,
McMasterdonia
Dearest Australian,

Sometimes it can be awkward to return to a social group that you have abandoned for a good duration. That can make it difficult to transition back into that group, especially if you are generally obsessively involved.

DD

Dear DD,

What would you buy as a gift for a grand-mother? No special events, just visiting her since I last saw her about 1 year ago.

Yours,

~Tomb
Dear Tomb,

I am certain that your grandmother would be appreciative with you simply visiting her, no gifts required. The greatest gift you could give is to spend some time listening to her, and filling her in on your life, hopes and dreams. If you feel the need to give something material, then I suggest a nice picture of you for her to remember you by.

All my best,

DD

mcmasterdonia:
Dear DD,

I have heard that you're an excellent handyman/repairman. My Washing Machine has started leaking water from the bottom. I have no idea why. I don't wish to pay the 75 dollar call out fee for a repairman. What do you suggest?

Yours,
McMasterdonia
Dear mistaken,

I would suggest looking at the plumbing of your washer, it is likely that a gasket, or tubing, may need replacing. I would also suggest if your washer is old that you invest in a new one, as laundry technology has steadily become more efficient.

Also call the repair person you cheapskate,

DD

Dear DD,

Sorry for my many consultation visits, but I have another question. What type of cheese would you recommend I try out? I usually only eat the classical Kraft cheddar cheese.

~Tomb
Dear confused cheeser,

I note your liberal definition of what constitutes cheese by your referencing Kraft as a cheese. Kraft is a really low bar to overcome in your cheese journey. I would suggest both a Brie (soft cheese) and a mild cheddar to get you started. My personal favorites are "Seriously sharp" Cabot cheddar and soft goat cheese. The best recommendation I can give you is to just start trying different types from the "fancy cheese" section of your local grocery store. Everyone has their own tastes when it comes to food, so you have to explore.

Stay cheesy,

DD

mcmasterdonia:
Dear DD,

I've recently been experiencing some problems with mould in one of the bathrooms. It has a small window that I leave open 24/7 and I always leave the door open when it is not in use. It really is getting rather annoying, I'm not sure if there is anything I can do to limit the amount of moisture in there?

There is an exhaust fan and it appears to be working well. Any ideas are welcome!

McMasterdonia
My moldy McMasterdonia,

Keeping moisture to a minimum in the bathroom can be difficult. I would suggest not leaving the window open if the humidity is high outside. I am happy to hear you are using the fan, please continue to do so especially when you are lathering up in a hot and steamy shower. The important thing is airflow in the bathroom, be sure to leave the bathroom open when not in use. There are also commercial products available, "damp rid" in the US, that take moisture out of the air.

Love,

DD

Dear Democratic Donkeys,

I came onto IRC today to find that a threat had been made against my life. Should I be concerned? Should I alert the authorities or the TNP Security apparatus?

- McMasterdonia

Dear DD,

What would you do for cold symptoms?
With me I have always tried different things ever since I was young, but nothing seems to be the "cure."

Your inquirer,

~ Tomb

Dear DD,

With rumors of an impending Zombie Apocalypse, what steps would you recommend The Lancerian Empire take to be prepared?

Braaaaainnsss,

Yrkidding.

Dear DD,

This question is similar to that of YrKidding's, but why are people so many to Zombies? Why not embrace them?

~ Tomb

Dear DD,

I am perplexed at the incredible lack of intelligence displayed by some members of our region on our Regional Message Board. Shouldn't the RMB be a platform for civil discussion between the intelligentsia of our magnificent region?

~ an annoying prat

Dear DD,

What will you do role-play-wise if by some horrible, terrible, impossible reason I'm not elected as VD and you are?

(No offense lol, that was just a joke. But in all seriousness, what will you do if elected?)

Dear Democratic Donkeys,

I write to you today out of deep concern. I have wandered around the Game and Arts subforum in complete and utter confusion & distress. Where art thou, Democratic Donkeys? Where art though, Blackshear41? The list continues to grow until I can no longer see clearly through the tears in my eyes.

The state of games and arts is of great concern. Emoticon spam is the new it thing. Whatever happened to having long and sometimes page long conversations about the randomness of life?

Yours in concern,
Mcmasterdonia

Dear DubDee

My sofa is currently haunted by a Deadly Moose, I have tried everything, soda crystals, Steamcleaning, even playing Britney Spears music. I wouldn't mind (my favourite chair is haunted by a squirrel that sing Warren zevon songs) but the Moose steals all the prawn cocktail crisps. Any Ideas?

Also I woke up last week in Soho with a menu from Le Ho Fooks, I'm worried I'm becoming a stereotype.

yours, hungry for Beef Chow Mein,
Wherewolf of London

Dear DD,

Do you accept this image as your holy god?
latest

Dear DD:

?noiger tnecifingam ruo fo aistnegilletni eht neewteb noissucsid livic rof mroftalp a eb BMR eht t'ndluohS .draoB egasseM lanoigeR ruo no noiger ruo fo srebmem emos yb deyalpsid ecnegilletni fo kcal elbidercni eht ta dexelprep ma I

.epytoerets a gnimoceb m'I deirrow m'I ,skooF oH eL morf unem a htiw ohoS ni keew tsal pu ekow I oslA

?saedI ynA .spsirc liatkcoc nwarp eht lla slaets esooM eht tub )sgnos novez nerraW gnis taht lerriuqs a yb detnuah si riahc etiruovaf ym( dnim t'ndluow I .cisum sraepS yentirB gniyalp neve ,gninaelcmaetS ,slatsyrc ados ,gnihtyreve deirt evah I ,esooM yldaeD a yb detnuah yltnerruc si afos yM

?efil fo ssenmodnar eht tuoba snoitasrevnoc gnol egap semitemos dna gnol gnivah ot deneppah revetahW .gniht ti wen eht si maps nocitomE .nrecnoc taerg fo si stra dna semag fo etats ehT

.seye ym ni sraet eht hguorht ylraelc ees regnol on nac I litnu worg ot seunitnoc tsil ehT ?14raehskcalB ,hguoht tra erehW ?syeknoD citarcomeD ,uoht tra erehW .ssertsid & noisufnoc rettu dna etelpmoc ni murofbus strA dna emaG eht dnuora derednaw evah I .nrecnoc peed fo tuo yadot uoy ot.

etirw I,

Syrixia

Back