Sir Kasto for Vice Delegate: To Protect and to Serve

Tim Kasto

Citizen
-
-
1UcClym.jpg

I. Introduction

Greetings North Pacificans,

I am Sir Kasto or also known as Kastonvia. Many of you may be familiar with who I am but to those who don't, I am the current Vice Delegate and have held it for two terms since beginning of September 2021. Addition to being the current Vice Delegate, I am also the Lead Gameside Advocate, a person who is in charge of gameside related affairs. With that I want to give a shout out to the awesome team that helps me do it including those who have served before stepping down, @Icekrieg @Vapia @Treekidistan @Tringapore @Ayuzh @Katuda @Skaraborg @Rocketdog @Empty @A27M Cromwell (NBU) @Advancia-Sizzletown @Tardine @Koon Industries @Dreadton. Before that I held various roles such as Deputy Minister in majority of the ministries and a Deputy Speaker who was known to catch every minor error.

II. Vice Delegate Platform

My platform is based on my two-term tenure in office, the experience, and rapport that I have established with the members of the Security Council while in office. Opinions may vary depending on the councilor. Although my initial terms had their rough patches such as declassification of threads and Vice Delegate reports, those things have been ironed out this term.

III. Vice Delegate Checks / Citizenship Security Checks

The Security checks or also known as the Vice Delegate checks are the bread and butter of the office. I have been on point with all the applications these terms, with a bit of delay which was largely affected by my academic schedule but I never have let one go past the seven-day legal deadline. In addition to doing them as quickly as possible, I know what to look for when evaluating the individual since I have done countless applications since the start of my tenure in September.

IV. World Assembly Development Program

The World Assembly Development Program is one of those things that separates the North Pacific from other regions in the game. Thanks to the work of previous administrations and the hard work that the forum administration does we can reward our loyal endorsers with cards on an everyday and monthly basis. Up to date, every single WADP dispatch has been released and all the cards have been sent out to the correct individuals. There were slight delays once but it had to do with a personal health problem at the time. Otherwise, the program has been running smoothly since my taking office.

V. Community Relations

The idea and the topic that I was running on back in September. I overestimated how much this program can help supplement endotarting but it is still a vital part of the office of Vice Delegate's communication with the regional message board and informing newly joined NationStates players of what our region has to offer. I want to thank the Gameside Advocate once more for helping me accomplish this goal. With the help of the team, I implemented a few technical supports (Google Sheets) to help with accountability and improve efficiency but my full potential has yet to be reached. This brings me to the next point, I have not been overseeing directly like I have used to when it comes to government outreach but with the upcoming summer term, this will be fixed as I will be out of college and on my schedule which will help mitigate this issue. As a regular of the regional message board, I still hold the belief this is important to overall government health, especially in finding new talent.

VI. World Assembly Endorsement Levels

Unlike in September, when I decided that I want to run for higher office with just a few hundred endorsements, roughly around two hundred. I am no longer plagued by this issue, since November I have been holding the second position in the region and closely behind the Delegate but with the number fluctuating especially in the past few weeks. So there is no doubt that I will continue to endotart to maintain the second position in the region in terms of world assembly endorsements. Most importantly, I can guarantee my transition will be insanely fast since I am already holding the position.

VII. Declassification

A big issue in my first term of office that has been pointed out in my reelection in January. It has been resolved, as the backlog that existed of unredacted threads has been redacted and made viewable for the public. The threads that remain to be unredacted will be taken care of as soon as they are available. The only current goal of the declassification project is to start combing through discord logs from 2016 to the present. Work has already begun on the 2016 discord logs that cover Plembobria's term. The discord logs will be released in divided up chunks either based on the at-time delegate administration or by terms. The ball should start rolling much faster once the first logs get released and the work rhythm has been set up.

VIII. Future Goals for the Office

The current huge project and task for the Security Council and the office of Vice Delegate is bringing all the old threads up-to-date to the current updated legal code declassification standard that was implemented in December. There are going to be a lot of threads and will take time as they will have to get moved around or any other technical issues arise but once things are in place it should be relatively easy, especially with the help of my beloved Security Councilors.

IX. Postscript

As a two-time Vice Delegate with a great amount of experience under my belt, I believe I am the right government bureaucrat for the job that will continue to keep the Security Council and the office moving at the right pace and plan around any potential hurdles that we might face.

X. Support Badge

If you would like to support my campaign feel free to grab one of these support badges into your signature.

Kasto_4_VD_Support_Badge.png

XI. Image Based Campaign Platform

3nzDWEB.jpg

K8Sv7oo.jpg

m5wdjXa.jpg

Ogeesel.jpg

70vKt2X.jpg

mGHZ9Ma.jpg

Z7VkrEs.jpg

1Oj3HdA.jpg

ZQYUsKs.jpg

Really isn't a dealbreaker, just curious about your declassification strategy: will you prioritize getting Discord logs out and then remaining threads hitting the one year mark or vice versa?

Additionally: do you expect that your efforts will able to be more smooth and even than they seemed to be at times this term.

Last edited:
So you are running for a third term. first of all this is tyranny. Also you are using a cop slogan

Last edited:
Really isn't a dealbreaker, just curious about your declassification strategy: will you prioritize getting Discord logs out and then remaining threads hitting the one year mark or vice versa?

Additionally: do you expect that your efforts will able to be more smooth and even than they seemed to be at times this term.
There is really no priority at the moment, since the forum threads left to redact are still in the process of being moved to a place that I can redact them. Once that happens it should be relatively fast since its only 17 threads in total to redact and most of them are really short. But you could say that discord logs are priority since there is five to six years worth of messages to go through. At the moment, I have gone through logs from January 2017 to September 2017 and now they are in the process of being reviewed before I can release them.
So you are running for a third term. first of all this is tyranny. Also you are using a cop slogan
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. I love the LAPD since they are in Blade Runner 2049 starring Ryan Gosling

Last edited:
Will you accept bribes from other candidates?
This is, of course, purely hypothetical.

I wasn't around to see your first term, but from what I've seen of your second, you seem to be doing a solid job. However, your platform feels a bit... stagnant? Yes, it's important that VDs (or any officials, really) are able to competently execute the duties of their position. I think that you've certainly demonstrated your ability to do so, temporary hiccups aside. But I don't think that "doing your job as required by law and policy" is enough on its own to justify re-election for a third consecutive term. The VD and SC aren't perfect; no institution is. So what do you plan to improve? How do you plan to innovate? Is there anything at all that you want to try out, any new initiatives, anything to push the envelope? I understand that VD (by design) is a more slow-and-steady kind of position, but "I will keep doing my required and expected job as I have been doing" with nothing more doesn't seem like a pitch for an incumbent going into their third term. It feels like a pitch for a "safe" first-timer who isn't quite attuned to the office just yet.

With that I want to give a shout out to the awesome [Gameside Advocates] team that helps me do [RMB engagement] including those who have served before stepping down
Do you feel there's any natural overlap between the responsibilities of LGA and VD? If you only held one position and not the other, how would that affect the job you've been doing?

Although my initial terms had their rough patches such as declassification of threads and Vice Delegate reports, those things have been ironed out this term.
Ironed out how? Are there any concrete steps you plan to take to improve either process, or to prevent future rough patches even if your activity suffers due to factors outside your control? Your second election platform similarly said that declassification suffered and that the problem will be rectified in your second term.

In addition to doing them as quickly as possible, I know what to look for when evaluating the individual since I have done countless applications since the start of my tenure in September.
Do you think the VD check could be iterated on in any way, whether that be legally, procedurally, expanding communication surrounding the check, or in some other area? How do you see the VD check fitting into the region's increasingly nuanced citizenship application process?

[Community Relations is] the idea and the topic that I was running on back in September. I overestimated how much this program can help supplement endotarting but it is still a vital part of the office of Vice Delegate's communication with the regional message board and informing newly joined NationStates players of what our region has to offer. I want to thank the Gameside Advocate once more for helping me accomplish this goal.
What specific goal are you referring to (community relations is a broad area)? Accomplished how? Do you plan to iterate on your current community engagement efforts in any way, or do you think what you're doing now is a fine system? In your last platform, you mentioned that you "ran fun random quizzes, endorsement contests, and even tried a game night. Although I did not succeed in getting the entire SC team involved on the RMB, I as the chair represented everyone and our commitment to TNP." Have you tried similar initiatives this term? Are you planning to try them next term? Have you had more success getting the SC as a whole involved on the RMB, and how do you plan to expand outreach efforts going forward?

With the help of the team, I implemented a few technical supports (Google Sheets) to help with accountability and improve efficiency but my full potential has yet to be reached.
What specific sheet upgrades did you implement? How did those supports improve accountability and efficiency? You mention still having some room to grow- how do you plan to reach your "full potential" on this front?

This brings me to the next point, I have not been overseeing directly like I have used to when it comes to government outreach but with the upcoming summer term, this will be fixed as I will be out of college and on my schedule which will help mitigate this issue. As a regular of the regional message board, I still hold the belief this is important to overall government health, especially in finding new talent.
What do you think of SC involvement on the RMB as a whole? Finding new talent is always important- do you plan to pursue this more aggressively?

Most importantly, I can guarantee my transition will be insanely fast since I am already holding the position.
Full support.:salute:

It has been resolved, as the backlog that existed of unredacted threads has been redacted and made viewable for the public. The threads that remain to be unredacted will be taken care of as soon as they are available. The only current goal of the declassification project is to start combing through discord logs from 2016 to the present. Work has already begun on the 2016 discord logs that cover Plembobria's term. The discord logs will be released in divided up chunks either based on the at-time delegate administration or by terms. The ball should start rolling much faster once the first logs get released and the work rhythm has been set up.
What's your relationship with the Delegate's government been like as far as declassification is concerned? How do you see this relationship evolving in the next term? Do you think that the declassification process itself could be improved in any way, especially when it comes to mitigating future issues?

The current huge project and task for the Security Council and the office of Vice Delegate is bringing all the old threads up-to-date to the current updated legal code declassification standard that was implemented in December. There are going to be a lot of threads and will take time as they will have to get moved around or any other technical issues arise but once things are in place it should be relatively easy, especially with the help of my beloved Security Councilors.
It's a grind, definitely. The VD has the power to grant non-SCers access to private SC areas- have you ever used this power beyond the usual "give access to the delegate"? Under what other circumstances would you use this power, if any?

As a two-time Vice Delegate with a great amount of experience under my belt, I believe I am the right government bureaucrat for the job that will continue to keep the Security Council and the office moving at the right pace and plan around any potential hurdles that we might face.
My platform is based on my two-term tenure in office, the experience, and rapport that I have established with the members of the Security Council while in office.
Again, I think it's a good platform- but an extremely safe one. You've held the office for two terms and done an all-around good job, but the lack of new ideas or concrete plans for improving things or fixing deficiencies, especially as some of the fundamentals of the office might change in the future with the citizenship process undergoing consistent changes, combined with the substantial retreading of old ground from your last campaign, leaves me unconvinced as to whether to vote for you for a third.

Will you accept bribes from other candidates?
This is, of course, purely hypothetical.
Of course not! I am an upstanding law-abiding citizen.

Do you feel there's any natural overlap between the responsibilities of LGA and VD? If you only held one position and not the other, how would that affect the job you've been doing?
The only natural overlap that lies between Lead Gameside Advocate and Vice Delegate is they are both regional officers who are assigned powers that allow them to moderate the regional message board. Other than that there are almost no overlaps since the majority of VD work can be done on forums or through discord while LGA revolves around gameside specifically the RMB. If I only held the VD role, the only effect on my job would be the amount of RMB outreach I would have been doing with the World Assembly Development Program. Outside the dates that the awards are released or the scripted telegrams, the WADP gets barely mentioned. By being the LGA, I skipped the middleman in that situation and got to directly oversee the operations of the gameside advocates.

Ironed out how? Are there any concrete steps you plan to take to improve either process, or to prevent future rough patches even if your activity suffers due to factors outside your control? Your second election platform similarly said that declassification suffered and that the problem will be rectified in your second term.
I mean the only way to iron out the issue of Vice Delegate reports not being posted and threads not being redacted is by actually doing the job, which has been done to this date. In my preference, I like to space out the reports by two weeks since it helps show how much the region has changed in terms of WA numbers and endorsements of the Delegate, VD, and the SC. But lately, I was thinking of moving back to the weekly report that would just talk about endorsements and a biweekly report that would have endorsements and other tasks that are being done and an update on their progress. Also, declassification is happening and you can ask any SCer about that to confirm that I am telling the truth. Regarding activity, I have not suffered such tremendous inactivity that would require me to take concrete steps to plan for the future.

Do you think the VD check could be iterated on in any way, whether that be legally, procedurally, expanding communication surrounding the check, or in some other area? How do you see the VD check fitting into the region's increasingly nuanced citizenship application process?
I don't have anything I would like to change.

What specific goal are you referring to (community relations is a broad area)? Accomplished how? Do you plan to iterate on your current community engagement efforts in any way, or do you think what you're doing now is a fine system? In your last platform, you mentioned that you "ran fun random quizzes, endorsement contests, and even tried a game night. Although I did not succeed in getting the entire SC team involved on the RMB, I as the chair represented everyone and our commitment to TNP." Have you tried similar initiatives this term? Are you planning to try them next term? Have you had more success getting the SC as a whole involved on the RMB, and how do you plan to expand outreach efforts going forward?
In my definition, community relations is the act of the Vice Delegate participating in the RMB promoting what TNP has to offer and participating as if just another player. Such as chatting about favorite TV shows, answering questions on how TNP works, and just being out there. I plan on continuing this since I don't see being on the RMB as something I have to do but rather something I enjoy. It's always active at the times I am on and I can always find a conversation to join. But I benefited a lot from being LGA since I got to promote what our region offers in terms of opportunities in the executive staff to what you get for endorsing the Delegate, VD, and the SC. I don't plan on giving up on doing fun activities on the RMB. I want to restart the quiz events once the flag day event ends and lennarts so I can have more freedom over the poll and flag control. So I can surely say that I plan on doing them next term. On the topic of getting SC involved on the RMB, the regional message board is a unique place not made for everyone just like discord. A lot of Security Councilors joined because they are interested in the security of the region and are not interested in the RMB which is fine because that's not the reason they were chosen for that job. As a Vice Delegate who places importance on community outreach and getting involved in the community, utilizing poll/flag events is going to be my go-to because it is just so much you can do with the tools offered onsite and it is difficult to get RMBers to join discord or participate in scheduled events. So far the current state of outreach and community relations is far greater than what we have seen in previous terms so I am still quite happy with what I have seen.

What specific sheet upgrades did you implement? How did those supports improve accountability and efficiency? You mention still having some room to grow- how do you plan to reach your "full potential" on this front?
The sheet in question is for Gameside Advocate not for the office of the Vice Delegate. It mainly helps organize the promotional templates and keep track of how has been promoted on a weekly basis. The room for growth is having the GA team be more autonomous without requiring constant supervision which is a difficult task since I want to keep the job a casual thing anyone could do. That's why I offer a gameside advocate role for anyone who wants to join so they possibly become more interested in the TNP government. Moving forward, I want to see if it is possible to appoint a senior GA who could work alongside me in the management and supervision of the team to help keep things on track.

What do you think of SC involvement on the RMB as a whole? Finding new talent is always important- do you plan to pursue this more aggressively?
I like what I am seeing with the SC involvement, those who want to participate such as Ethnon and Dreadton do so on their terms. I believe me acting as a face of the SC on the RMB is sufficient since it would be unrealistic to get people who never have participated to participate now. I sort of brought it up in my previous point, I already pursue it by giving people a chance to become a Gameside Advocate. I believe the GA role helps offer people an insight into the TNP government since they get to work alongside the executive council when it comes to moderating the regional message board.

What's your relationship with the Delegate's government been like as far as declassification is concerned? How do you see this relationship evolving in the next term? Do you think that the declassification process itself could be improved in any way, especially when it comes to mitigating future issues?
Can you please clarify what do you mean by the Delegate's government and declassification?

It's a grind, definitely. The VD has the power to grant non-SCers access to private SC areas- have you ever used this power beyond the usual "give access to the delegate"? Under what other circumstances would you use this power, if any?
The only time I would give a non-SCer other than the current Delegate to private areas of the SC would be to the WA Delegate who is keeping the seat until the elected Delegate gets to it. The only time I have done that is to Robespierre from September until he resigned from the WA in October.

I think you’re running for the wrong office. I can see you doing a good job again as VD, but I think you’re more than capable of running for Delegate and doing a good job

I think you’re running for the wrong office. I can see you doing a good job again as VD, but I think you’re more than capable of running for Delegate and doing a good job
I second this.

Last edited:
I second this.
Thank you McM, for believing that I can be a good future delegate. I will take this into consideration in a future election. And thank you too, Chipoli.

Is there anyone other than Gorundu who you think would be worthy foe for you in this election?
Another question! Anyone can be a worthy opponent which depends on their platform/campaign but I don't really have any names that come to mind.

I once said I’d rather be shot in the face than be Vice Delegate again. Why do you want to do it for a third? Is it third times the charm, or could it be the worst?

I once said I’d rather be shot in the face than be Vice Delegate again. Why do you want to do it for a third? Is it third times the charm, or could it be the worst?
You are just cooler than me probably more like jazz and don't want people cramping on your style. While I am more down to earth and very 70s rock and roll maybe even rolling stones. I am fine with people cramping my style cause in Woodstock there was a lot of people while you prefer your own dance space. Hopefully this made sense. I also enjoy working with SC and people I would usually never work with.

I agree with McM's sentiments here ~ you really should be running for delegate, but nevertheless I still haven't been admittedly paying that much attention to TNP during your term, so I'd have to ask - what have you done during your term that has been different compared to previous VD's do you wish to continue should you get reelected? Personally I'll be voting for RON tho ;)

I know you like doing tedious work and don’t mind working behind the scenes, but what is it about this job that makes you want to keep doing it? I think it’s been a pleasant surprise considering how you first got into the job, but you’re alright, and maybe that’s good enough. I guess I see where Cretox is coming from in the sense that for you to keep going at this point, it really does make one wonder what if anything you imagine could be done differently to build on what you already did. You don’t need to have big visions or constantly throw new ideas at the wall, but it’s nice to see how you’re learning from what happened before, what worked and what didn’t, and how you can adapt. Have you given any thought to that, and have examples of what Kasto term 3 will do or would do that Kasto term 1 didn’t have any idea of?

Several people have said they expected a delegate run from you rather than more time as VD. Is that something you’ve given any serious thought to doing? Any reason why you ruled it out?

You are just cooler than me probably more like jazz and don't want people cramping on your style. While I am more down to earth and very 70s rock and roll maybe even rolling stones. I am fine with people cramping my style cause in Woodstock there was a lot of people while you prefer your own dance space. Hopefully this made sense. I also enjoy working with SC and people I would usually never work with.
This is a good answer. Did I understand it? No. But does it make me feel valued? Also no. But I liked it.

Your answers to my questions were great. Though especially given how extensively you've mentioned your LGA work here... I concur with everyone who's said it before. Why aren't you running for delegate instead?

If I only held the VD role, the only effect on my job would be the amount of RMB outreach I would have been doing with the World Assembly Development Program. Outside the dates that the awards are released or the scripted telegrams, the WADP gets barely mentioned. By being the LGA, I skipped the middleman in that situation and got to directly oversee the operations of the gameside advocates.
Do you think that RMB-heavy SCers should be more involved with the GAs, perhaps being GAs themselves?

Can you please clarify what do you mean by the Delegate's government and declassification?
Have you been involved with the executive government's own declassification efforts in any way?

what is your view on GAPS vice delegacy statements about turning a new leaf for TNP, do you see your vice delegacy as you doing a job, or do you view yourself fundamentally trying to use the role to shake up the region

How do you plan to raise the number of WA members in TNP, in order to increase our influence and the voting power of the delegate? Aside from WADP. The endotarting helps but I still think we are a much more compelling offer than the other GCRs (excluding UCRs, as that is more tailored to the specific preferences of that community)

Last edited:
I agree with McM's sentiments here ~ you really should be running for delegate, but nevertheless I still haven't been admittedly paying that much attention to TNP during your term, so I'd have to ask - what have you done during your term that has been different compared to previous VD's do you wish to continue should you get reelected? Personally I'll be voting for RON tho ;)
By wanting it more, by working hard... I will not be beat. I will never give up. I am on a mission.

The Office quote aside. I do not think I can compare myself to previous VD's since we all have things that make us special and unique. But if I had to say what makes me stand out is my participation in gameside community and being Lead Gameside Advocate. I would certainly would love to continue my work gameside because it helps people know that regional officers are more than just tools of suppression. Also it helps a bit identify problem players especially those who engage in questionable roleplay or behavior on the regional message board when it comes to VD checks.
I know you like doing tedious work and don’t mind working behind the scenes, but what is it about this job that makes you want to keep doing it? I think it’s been a pleasant surprise considering how you first got into the job, but you’re alright, and maybe that’s good enough. I guess I see where Cretox is coming from in the sense that for you to keep going at this point, it really does make one wonder what if anything you imagine could be done differently to build on what you already did. You don’t need to have big visions or constantly throw new ideas at the wall, but it’s nice to see how you’re learning from what happened before, what worked and what didn’t, and how you can adapt. Have you given any thought to that, and have examples of what Kasto term 3 will do or would do that Kasto term 1 didn’t have any idea of?

Several people have said they expected a delegate run from you rather than more time as VD. Is that something you’ve given any serious thought to doing? Any reason why you ruled it out?
I will get back to you on that first question once I find an answer somewhere in my soul. Something that I could have done differently or do differently in the future is to try and host some sort of endorsement/culture event. This is where Sarah was a major help because she took the initiative with the endorsement contest back in first term, I should take a similar initiative and with the cooperation of Minister of Culture try cook up something big like showing off the WADP, help the delegate get into the seat, or something along those lines. It is doable with the right people and careful planning that you get some results out of it. I tried doing culture events but they failed especially WA oriented game nights so I forget them about them but I get back into trying seeing what works and does not. On the question of me running for delegate, maybe in the future since I feel there is more for me to learn and that I don't want to deliver a subpar term that will cause a downfall of TNP.

Your answers to my questions were great. Though especially given how extensively you've mentioned your LGA work here... I concur with everyone who's said it before. Why aren't you running for delegate instead?

Do you think that RMB-heavy SCers should be more involved with the GAs, perhaps being GAs themselves?

Have you been involved with the executive government's own declassification efforts in any way?
I have not thought about running until people started saying it in this thread. If people believe I can make a good delegate then perhaps in the near future I will consider that possibility.

They could if they want to but not all of them are interested in the responsibilities of the GAs especially with how they utilize the RMB or what they are doing on it. In case of Aerilia, they are an active RMBer but they don't want to be a GA because I assume it would require them to stop conflicts or be involved in them when it comes to people who break the rules and they simply do not want to get involved in that.

I have not been involved with the executive governments declassification process.
what is your view on GAPS vice delegacy statements about turning a new leaf for TNP, do you see your vice delegacy as you doing a job, or do you view yourself fundamentally trying to use the role to shake up the region
GAPs statements are too vague for me to actually understand what he wants to do in terms of concrete plans. I am definetely not trying to use this role to shake up things up because I feel it would be counterintuitive to stability and growth of the region and also out of the scope of what the Vice Delegate does.
How do you plan to raise the number of WA members in TNP, in order to increase our influence and the voting power of the delegate? Aside from WADP. The endotarting helps but I still think we are a much more compelling offer than the other GCRs (excluding UCRs, as that is more tailored to the specific preferences of that community)
The WADP is the greatest tool that I would say that contributes to the large number of WAs in our region addition to our liberal policy when it comes to exchanging endorsements. Outside that there is not much one can do to increase or raise the number of WA members in TNP because that is outside anyone's control. From the chart that I have been keeping up to date shows that WA numbers fluctuate randomly, there is no definite answer as to way they are increasing. It's easier to say when we have a new wave of players like in January or September but it seems more people are joining this game since the summer than there are players leaving or quitting it. I can though say that more can be done to increase the voting power and influence of our delegate. Like I said the WADP will remain one of the most powerful tools created that is responsible for our large WAs in the region because of all the scripts involved in it that deal out cards, inform when they have become a Keeper, or if they won a WADP award. The me and the GAs have been involved in the process to promote the WADP and encourage more players to endorse the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the SC but more could be done especially with what I said to Ghost. I think it is time we tried to redo a endorsement/culture event that will help inform and encourage players to endorse the delegate and each other.

On the question of me running for delegate, maybe in the future since I feel there is more for me to learn and that I don't want to deliver a subpar term that will cause a downfall of TNP.
I think the only thing that would hold you back as Delegate is that sentient you hold :P

Back