Sir Kasto for Vice Delegate

Tim Kasto

Citizen
-
-
SirKastoforViceDelegateLawAndOrder.png

Sir Kasto - The Man of Law & Order

Greetings TNPers, I am running once again for the position of the Vice Delegate.

Back in September, I ran for my first ever elected government position in TNP and NationStates. My campaign was centered around the idea of gameside involvement to increase endorsements, bring awareness to the SC, and connect with the people. Community relations has been a success over this term and I couldn't have it done without the great team of Gameside Advocates that I have. Not only have we been constantly making sure that TNPers are endorsing the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and the SC but also informing about the benefits of WADP program. But community relations were not only about gathering endorsements, it's about connecting with the people. We ran fun random quizzes, endorsement contests, and even tried a game night. Although I did not succeed in getting the entire SC team involved on the RMB, I as the chair represented everyone and our commitment to TNP. Not everything was completely perfect during my term. The Security Council declassification was something that I left on the back burner for too long and I will be making it one of the higher priorities next term.

Moving forward, I am not the greenhorn I was back in September. My endorsement count ensures that the transition will be pretty smooth and not as long. Security checks on citizenship applications will continue to be done with not only haste but making sure no bad people get through. Weekly VD updates will be resumed on a weekly basis to keep everyone informed on all SC matters.

If you have any questions or concerns about me please comment below and I will make it my top priority to answer your question.

How would you say you differ from Gorundu why does that make you a better choice for VD?

Kasto, I want you to tell me a few things that you thought you could do/would do when you first ran for this office but learned from experience didn’t work out the way you expected.

In the event you stay on as Vice Delegate, you’ve already identified a few areas you would improve in, areas your opponent also highlighted. I want to know something new that you’ll do in the second term with the benefit of the experience you’ve gained holding the office.

I would also like more information about the success of the community engagement. I imagine you have an idea of how your conversations with the RMB have changed since the term started. Do you stats, anecdotes, experiences that inform this? Do you feel the SC is better known or the RMB would be more willing to cooperate if we had to ask them to help us take on a rogue delegate?

You were in the office after having zero experience with the SC prior. Could you give us an idea of what that learning curve was like for you, from learning procedures to learning how to run WADP? Your opponent has also highlighted endorsement events, could you give us an idea of how that worked and how feasible those are in the current game state?

Finally, since your activity is another key issue, could you give us an idea of why your activity record is the way it is, and what it might look like in the term to come?

Thank you for stepping up last time to run, the whole experience has been pretty surprising and quite a ride, but I think you’re a great example of how anyone who cares and is willing to try and serve the community can succeed and do good for the region. It’s not always fun or easy but you’re a trooper and I wanted to say I appreciate that, no matter what happens in this election.

How would you say you differ from Gorundu why does that make you a better choice for VD?
Hello Bootsie,

Thank you for asking me a question!

The first thing that sets me apart from Gorundu is that I am already the Vice Delegate and that I have experience in the office. Since being elected in September, I had the time to learn the basics such as security checks, running the WADP, and other security council related duties. I have been doing that for the past months have only gotten better at it. This is all something that Gorundu will have to learn. The other closely related matter is endorsement levels, I am already in the second place so you don't no longer have to wait on me to get there, compared to Gorundu who is currently in the 26th. He also talked about community engagement in his platform, I have been doing that since February last year when being appointed as a GA under Rocketdog/McMasterdonia. I have been active face in the gameside community for many months, have gotten to know many people, and they have gotten to know me, both as a player and a government official. I try my best not only make myself seem as an authority figure but as a friend that they can approach if they need anything. Which helps stand out against the more serious SCers well maybe not Marcus or Lore, they are pretty chill. During that time I even ran a couple endorsement events such as TNP Game Night and the flag endorsement gathering event addition to that I ran some other stuff like Q&As. Like the random flag winner trivia I did for a while. People loved to compete in it so they can choose the flag of the region for a few days.
Kasto, I want you to tell me a few things that you thought you could do/would do when you first ran for this office but learned from experience didn’t work out the way you expected.

In the event you stay on as Vice Delegate, you’ve already identified a few areas you would improve in, areas your opponent also highlighted. I want to know something new that you’ll do in the second term with the benefit of the experience you’ve gained holding the office.

I would also like more information about the success of the community engagement. I imagine you have an idea of how your conversations with the RMB have changed since the term started. Do you stats, anecdotes, experiences that inform this? Do you feel the SC is better known or the RMB would be more willing to cooperate if we had to ask them to help us take on a rogue delegate?

You were in the office after having zero experience with the SC prior. Could you give us an idea of what that learning curve was like for you, from learning procedures to learning how to run WADP? Your opponent has also highlighted endorsement events, could you give us an idea of how that worked and how feasible those are in the current game state?

Finally, since your activity is another key issue, could you give us an idea of why your activity record is the way it is, and what it might look like in the term to come?

Thank you for stepping up last time to run, the whole experience has been pretty surprising and quite a ride, but I think you’re a great example of how anyone who cares and is willing to try and serve the community can succeed and do good for the region. It’s not always fun or easy but you’re a trooper and I wanted to say I appreciate that, no matter what happens in this election.
Hello Eternal Chief Justice Pallaith,

One of many things that I thought I could do was increase the number of endorsements in the region, looking back that was quite an ambitious goal that is not easily accomplished even through community engagement. My goal was to reach out to new players as often as possible to let them know what we can offer and why they should call the North Pacific their home. But the naked truth is we are a feeder region and that means we are a starting point for many nations that join the game but those players can move on or stay depending on what they looking for in a region. I wanted the Delegate to reach 1000 endorsements this term like we saw months prior but did not happen even though I with the help of the gameside advocates promoted the variety of activities our community offers especially the benefits we offer to those who have their WA here. It was not a complete failure, currently, Delegate Madjack has around 950 endorsements which were the levels that former Delegate Robespierre had at the end of his term. We were doing something right so as not to see the endorsement levels decline even further.

I was always active on the RMB before I became a Vice Delegate so it was important that the people now knew that I was also the person tasked with the security of the region and protecting it from bad actors. In my early-term messages, I tried to make it clear that I am now the Vice Delegate and authority figure but most importantly I made sure that I came off as an approachable person. I tried to make the SC well known throughout the gameside community with the help of the GA team but it very much varies by person. People who are more active and have been around for a bit will know more about it compared to a newly created nation. But this does not mean they won't help us with a rogue delegate, the majority of the active players based on the RMB know that Delegate Madjack was democratically and legally elected by the region. Even though many don't participate in the forums they still understand the concept that he is the elected delegate for the term. I do believe that the gameside player base will cooperate with us against the rogue delegate if it ever happens.

There was a lot of information that was given at once and it was really hard to prepare because the SC and the VD are very top secret and kept away from the public so nothing gets leaked. The security checks on the citizenship applications are big as I do and you have to make sure you check everything before saying that the person is not a threat to the region. At the start, I was very anxious because I was worried so much that I would pass someone who is a clear fascist or someone who is planning on seizing the delegacy. As time went on, I became more confident in the whole process. Running the WADP is honestly something out of fantasy especially with how much technical stuff is involved. I gotta give it to the admins who keep the code part running. I have no idea how it works, I know a bit of code but the WADP is whole another realm for me. But running it is pretty simple as long as you don't mess up anything. Sending out the cards is a bit more tricky since you don't want to accidentally miss someone or send more cards than you need to since there is a limited supply. Again, as time went on, I developed a pretty foolproof method of ensuring that everyone receives the cards they are supposed to. The endorsement events are a great idea to raise endorsement count and get the community involved but in the execution, it's always a shit storm. I ran a lot of endorsement-related events during the term like TNP Gamenight and the endorsement flag event. For example, the TNP Gamenight is supposed to work on paper because who does not want to play a fun game like Jack Partybox and all they have to do is endorse a couple of people? Not a lot of people came to play but we did get endorsements. In the end, I felt like I did not hold up my end of the deal cause no one got to play. The easier event is to get the delegate to a certain number of endorsements and someone will get to choose the flag for region/person. The event works and is simple to run but it takes time before the delegate gets the number of endorsements required for a random person to be chosen to pick out the flag. I don't like how there is only one winner and it takes too long to run. I had more luck running the spontaneous random fun trivia things on the RMB because you have a chance to win compared to being randomly chosen and I do them when the RMB is relatively active. In the current game state, running events is hard because activity levels barely recovered after the summer. The brutal truth is that these events suffer from lack of player involvement. My TNP Game night did the job of getting endorsements but failed at gathering players to play the game. Just for the record, it was heavily promoted via posts, telegrams, and discord pings but still only gathered me, Dreadton, and one more random player. I even tried my best to accommodate players who couldn't access discord. Q&As were also were not failures but it was hard getting questions from players who don't really participate in regional affairs but rather enjoy the roleplay aspect that TNP provides. From my time with the community, I know what works well in the current state especially since with decline in the interest of regional affairs.

My activity issue stems from the fact that I recently started college to get my four-year degree and getting used to university life is difficult since I have never lived by myself. There was a lot of traveling between dorm and home and adapting to a life away from home. The first semester kinda beat me ass and the workload was more than I could have ever expected so it affected how active I was. Moving forward, I am beginning a new semester at college and I will be better at school-life-NS balance so I expect VD reports, declassifications, and citizenship applications will happen regularly compared to this term.

Kasto I’d like to introduce you to this thing called the enter key. I think it would help craft your posts.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on Gorundu’s campaign and his argument for electing him. Are you consolidating? Gorundu is making the case that he’s the future, and you’re too comfortable with how things are now. Do you have any new strategies that would move things to the future?

Given you’re the one running with experience, I’d like to hear about it. A lot of your plans as well as Gorundu’s hinge on getting the SC to engage with the community, as someone who has worked with them, what are your ideas on how that can be done? Could you enlighten us as to the culture of the SC and why that’s so difficult to do? What are your thoughts on the work the SC could be doing that it isn’t?

In the unfortunate event the Vice Delegate has to step into the delegacy, they have to be prepared. How has this past term helped you prepare for that if you have to step up?

Gorundu has suggested that your focus isn’t on the same things he’s looking at, and that he’s offering aspects of the job that need to be addressed. I have noticed that your focus and many of the things you’ve highlighted owe a lot to your other role as Lead Gameside Advocate. That is something that Gorundu would not be able to benefit from. We’ve never had a Vice Delegate who also served as LGA. This is obviously where you get your experience with the RMB, but could you explain why this experience is crucial to your role as Vice Delegate? What would the office lose if it loses that connection, and Gorundu has to come up with a different way to engage with the community.

Some might say your focus is too much on this stuff and not enough on the more “typical” duties of the office. You’ve explained why some of that slid and I take you at your word that you’ll be improving on that. But I’d like to get more insight into how the dual role has made you better at normal “Vice Delegating” aside from the RMB stuff.

Kasto I’d like to introduce you to this thing called the enter key. I think it would help craft your posts.

I’d like to hear your thoughts on Gorundu’s campaign and his argument for electing him. Are you consolidating? Gorundu is making the case that he’s the future, and you’re too comfortable with how things are now. Do you have any new strategies that would move things to the future?

Given you’re the one running with experience, I’d like to hear about it. A lot of your plans as well as Gorundu’s hinge on getting the SC to engage with the community, as someone who has worked with them, what are your ideas on how that can be done? Could you enlighten us as to the culture of the SC and why that’s so difficult to do? What are your thoughts on the work the SC could be doing that it isn’t?

In the unfortunate event the Vice Delegate has to step into the delegacy, they have to be prepared. How has this past term helped you prepare for that if you have to step up?

Gorundu has suggested that your focus isn’t on the same things he’s looking at, and that he’s offering aspects of the job that need to be addressed. I have noticed that your focus and many of the things you’ve highlighted owe a lot to your other role as Lead Gameside Advocate. That is something that Gorundu would not be able to benefit from. We’ve never had a Vice Delegate who also served as LGA. This is obviously where you get your experience with the RMB, but could you explain why this experience is crucial to your role as Vice Delegate? What would the office lose if it loses that connection, and Gorundu has to come up with a different way to engage with the community.

Some might say your focus is too much on this stuff and not enough on the more “typical” duties of the office. You’ve explained why some of that slid and I take you at your word that you’ll be improving on that. But I’d like to get more insight into how the dual role has made you better at normal “Vice Delegating” aside from the RMB stuff.
Hello
Ghost
Enter key

My opinion on Gorundu's campaign, he is very ambitious in his goals and he believes he will succeed in the things I have already done but have not gone well. We can certainly try running a big event that encourages endorsements but we can't even get enough people to participate in the small stuff. He says it will be promoted heavily but all of my events were heavily promoted by me and the GA team. I have even begun to set promotion quotas so we can hit them each week but still, we are not getting any participation. So in my opinion, we got to work with what we can realistically accomplish. So in my opinion we got to accomplish the small things before we move on to the big ones. That is why I stick to currently informing on the benefits of exchanging endorsements, endorsing Delegate/VD/SC, and how they will benefit from doing so such as WADP awards. I guess you can call this consolidating but I would call these realistic objectives.

After our weeks in office, I realized everyone on the SC is active in their own capacity. Just because some of yall don't post does not mean you are not there because you are. Forcing the SCers who rarely go on the RMB to post will make for awkward conversations that no one ever asked for. I had a plan on having each SCer make a dispatch post about what they are something passionate about but quickly scrubbed the idea because I was not sure how I would utilize it properly to help gameside get to know their SCer. A similar idea that I have is an alternative to the SC handbook. In my opinion, the SC handbook is a good idea but it will be buried by tons of other stuff that TNL posts. This is why I don't like using dispatches to advertise and instead use just posts with dispatches attached in the event someone is interested and wants to find more about it. The idea is "SCer of the Week" which involves posts about a user's history in TNP and some of their hobbies.

Hopefully, it would never come to that. But if I did have to take over I would not be completely hopeless. I got a lot of insight on how the executive branch due to MJ giving me a seat in the executive council combined with my previous experience in each ministry will ensure that I could lead the TNP government until someone else is elected.

Maybe it's not fair to compare but being LGA is like running my own little mini-ministry which only has jurisdiction over the RMB. But being LGA you pay attention closely to the gameside aspect of things like what people post, behavior, and general history. It really helps when doing security checks because you might remember that person on the RMB and how they were quoting Hitler or something like that. I guess the office would lose someone who is active gameside and always on a lookout compared to a person who has not been involved at all.

Last edited:
Kasto, since you are running for Vice delegate, what would be the first thing you would do in office. Please say something (You) would do, instead of something someone else would say. E.g. "I will make The North Pacific great again, like the last time I ruled". And second, why are you running for office? list 3 reasons as to why you are running for the office of Vice Delegate? And finally, what are your Ideals for The North Pacific?

Last edited:
My main concern is to improve endotarting and increase the influence of TNP in WA, so we can determine or at least strongly influence the outcome of votes. I think Gorundu has a strong platform on this, what is yours?

My main concern is to improve endotarting and increase the influence of TNP in WA, so we can determine or at least strongly influence the outcome of votes. I think Gorundu has a strong platform on this, what is yours?
Hey Simone,

Can you please point out exactly where Gorundu mentioned improving endotarting and increasing the influence of TNP in WA?

Thanks,

Hey Simone,

Can you please point out exactly where Gorundu mentioned improving endotarting and increasing the influence of TNP in WA?

Thanks,
The bit about endorsement events. Roughly paragraph 3 as his platform is quite long and I usually access the Forum on a mobile phone so the cut and paste is a little bit tricky. To quote:

Currently, although we still have the most Delegate endorsements in the game, our Delegate endorsement-to-WA nations ratio is the lowest among the feeders. Adding to the fact that we are currently third in average WA endorsements when we have usually been second and even first occasionally, I believe an endorsement event may be in order to boost our numbers. Endorsement events have been held in the past with varying degrees of success.

Last edited:
Back