Marcus' Model Railway Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Class 47CO-COBlue (Corporate)British Railways47421HornbyR075

unknown.png

Class 47CO-COGreat BritainBlue (Corporate)British Railways47508Hornby RailwaysR075

This was originally numbered 47421 as a ready-to run model from Hornby.

I repainted it and renumbered her to 47508 after seeing the real locomotive in Oxford.

I, sadly, made a right mess of it. :no: :eyeroll:

So here's some pictures and history of the real one.

unknown.png

NAMES
47 508
~ Great Britain
~ At Old Oak Common without ceremony. March 16th 1979
~ Plates removed in July 1985 to be replaced by plates with name prefixed with "S.S.".
47 508
~ S.S. Great Britain
~ At Bristol Bath Road by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the GWR. July 26th 1985
~ Plates replaced original version lacking the "S.S." prefix.
~ Plates removed in June 1992,

unknown.png

47 508
Built ~ Brush Falcon Works
Production Order ~ March 24th 1964
Works Number ~ 614
To traffic ~ October 27th 1966

NUMBERS
D1952 ~ October 27th 1966
47 508 ~ February 1974

LIVERIES
D1952
~ BR: Dual Green (Yellow warning panels)
47 508
~ BR: Monastral Blue (Standard)
~ BR: InterCity (Mainline (yellow front, small black numbers))

D1952 (47508) At Gill Viaduct 7.9.1967
unknown.png

Last edited:
1996 - 2007

Working in the M.O.D. as a Civil Servant.

unknown.png

During this time I met a few railway modellers and I collected quite a lot of locomotives, some new, some second hand.

I was able to purchase a couple of second hand Blue Pullman sets circa 2003.

Class 251
Bo-Bo
Blue Pullman
Blue (Nanking)
British Railways
W60095
Triang
R555

unknown.png

Last edited:
In 2008 I decided to treat myself to this set............

The Hornby R.1093 The Blue Pullman Set

unknown.png

Contents:
FM Rail Co-Co Diesel “Dionysos” Class 47
Two Blue Pullman Mk2 coaches
Blue Pullman Mk2 Brake coach
Track: 3rd Radius Starter Oval
Track Pack A (with point and buffer stop)
C990 Wall Plug Transformer
R965 Train Controller
R8206 Power Track
R8217 Hornby TrakMat (1575x1143mm)

Last edited:
I always wanted this set when FM Rail started the Blue Pullman service again.

The Blue Pullman special tour trains commenced operation in January 2006 and fondly recall the Blue Pullman trains of the 1960s.
This evolution of the Blue Pullmans, which are successfully operated by Hertfordshire Rail Tours and FM Rail now offer a variety of excursions to cities, towns and visitor locations around the British Isles, with the passengers enjoying their trip in superb comfort.

With the market for charter trains appearing buoyant and the company wishing to develop into more lucrative fields, FM Rail decided to re-introduce a Blue Pullman from the beginning of 2006, reminiscent of the Blue Pullman diesel multiple units that operated between London Paddington and Bristol during the 1960s.

With none of the original stock preserved, it had to provide a new fleet, which consisted of a rake of air-conditioned Mark 2 carriages fitted with Pullman style lighting, topped and tailed by Class 47 diesel locomotives. As no Mark 2 kitchen cars were built, two Mark 1 carriages were included in the set. The Mark 2s were painted in the original livery of nanking blue with a white band around the windows, but, as the Mark 1s had much larger windows, they were simply painted in plain blue.

The first outing of the Blue Pullman was a dining excursion from Kings Cross and back via Ely and Peterborough on 12 January 2006.

The service, although normally worked by two Class 47s also painted in the dedicated blue livery, would be hauled by a GB Railfreight Class 87 if the entire working was due to be under the wires. The Blue Pullman carriages passed to Cotswold Rail, which re-launched the service on February 2007.

Blue Pullman, Llandudno, July 2006, 47709 'Dionysos'​

unknown.png

Last edited:
Then!

My son, Neonlake asked me what I wanted for my Fathers Day present.

I thought long and hard and thought how I always wanted the other class 47 for my Blue Pullman, Artemis.

So that's what got me out of my model railway doldrums and re-ignited my interest. :)

I haven't got a picture of the model at the moment so here is the real loco.

unknown.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back