Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
del_seal.png

Office of the Delegate
I see we lack a space for the Delegate to make general announcements that don't require their own threads, so I figured I'd start this, and also not add an additional pin (there's too many already), and so this will also replace the Delegate Question Time topic. Feel free to ask any questions of the delegate here.

I have archived topics in this subforum up to the beginning of the May 2020 term - leaving redirect links that will expire after 14 days. The archived topics can be found here. Further archivals of ministry topics will also occur.

Is this also going to replace the delegate directive thread?
No - delegate directives will continue to be posted in that topic, but I will make announcements concerning directives here.

What process will be used in the meantime to determine how the Delegate will vote?
Whilst the current WA voting policy was the same as the Delegate Directive, it remains in effect in the interim.

Prydania has indicated that they are resigning as Minister of Communications. For the time being, I am assuming control of the Ministry but I am calling for pitches to become Minister.

Even more diplomats are as of now not masked.
Thanks for the note! Obviously wasn't around last term to do those applications. I currently do not have permissions for the Foreign Envoys group but will request them immediately.

Under Section 7.6 Clause 39 I am exempting the following regions from our prohibitions on altering the region:
The Power Gulids
Raxulan Empire

This is in response to their attack on the NPA's former jump point, Birb.

39. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from excessive use of force including altering the regions chosen embassy list or password protecting the region. Before leaving, The North Pacific Army must provide natives with the means to restore the region to its original state. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies.

Last edited:
Under Section 7.7 of the Legal Code I am designating the Brotherhood of Malice as a prohibited region:
Section 7.7: Diplomacy:
38. The Delegate may choose to designate a region or organization to be prohibited from creating in-game embassies and forum embassies, hosting cultural events together or other formal collaborations with The North Pacific with a majority of the Regional Assembly confirming such.
39. These prohibitions may be repealed with a majority vote of the Regional Assembly.
40. Regions exempted by the Regional Assembly from the restrictions on the North Pacific Army will automatically have the diplomatic restrictions imposed on them.

I am also adding the Brotherhood of Malice to the Retaliatory Recruitment list.

Does the government have a plan for how it will approach the recently announced Trade Fair?
We're keeping our eyes open. There's not much details on it yet so hard to do anything concrete. From the looks of it, it seems as though it's not too competitive (compared to say N-Day) but more of an individual thing with regions cooperating. Obviously, this is coming off a short blurb. I do plan to be online when it starts in case any mass tgs: need to be sent, use Appearance for anything, etc.

del_seal.png

By the authority granted to me under Section 7.6.39 of the Legal Code, I am exempting the region Concord from our prohibitions on altering the region. This is the successor region to Layem, which is already exempted in every sense by the Delegate and the RA. I will also be submitting an exemption under 7.6.40 to the RA in short order.

EDIT: I am also exempting The Roleplaying Region following the RA debate on the exemption of Layem. A separate motion under 7.6.40 will follow suit.

39. When deployed in a foreign region, members of The North Pacific Army will refrain from excessive use of force including altering the regions chosen embassy list or password protecting the region. Before leaving, The North Pacific Army must provide natives with the means to restore the region to its original state. Exceptions to this clause must be publicly authorised by the Delegate when it is in the best interests of The North Pacific or its allies.

eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

Home Affairs Minister Appointment

Unfortunately I must accept Nimarya's resignation as our Minister of Home Affairs. The timing did not work out, but I do understand that she must do what is best for her and I respect that the things we do in this game simply cannot insist themselves on us when more important matters need our attention in the real world. I want to carry out the vision she had for the ministry, as we agreed when she accepted the post what needed to be done moving forward to get Home Affairs on the right track and what would complement our goals in the other ministries. I am sorry @Nimarya couldn't be the one to do this, but I thank her for agreeing to try, and joining my cabinet so soon after she returned to regular activity in TNP. She's a delight to work with and I hope she is able to come back again once everything else is in order.

I believe that one of the best talents we have available to carry out that work is our very own @Sir Kasto and so I am appointing him to the position of Minister of Home Affairs. Of course, I am well aware that Kasto currently serves not only as our Vice Delegate, but as our Lead Gameside Advocate. That is a job he is a natural at doing, but it's not a place that he can be in forever. Our gameside advocates are a capable bunch, and I believe now is a good time for one of them to take up the torch and lead the team. I will be making that announcement soon.

As for the Vice Delegate role, it is not unheard of for a Vice Delegate to also serve as a minister. I am of the opinion that it should be avoided unless absolutely necessary. In this case, I believe it is necessary, but I also believe that this role is a calling of sorts for Kasto, something I have always believed he was capable of excelling in, and is the role I would have liked to see him occupy had he not run for Vice Delegate last September. He is a go getter, he's always been interested in this ministry's work, and his experience as LGA will be a natural base for him to build on in HA. I imagine much of what he already does will continue to be done, just with him managing a different team doing the same kind of work. He's already around the rest of the cabinet so this won't be a major shift, but we're happy to have him in the trenches on this side of the gameside divide. Don't worry though, his work in HA will keep him busy gameside too.

del_seal.png

Quorum Raiding Policy

Following talks with The South Pacific following our quorum raid of CCD's latest attempt to advance a proposal for their own benefit, this time a self-commendation, we have revised our understanding of the agreement between our regions which was established during Robes's administration. I have incorporated that agreement into a new delegate directive on the subject of quorum raiding, which will guide the NPA in future such operations.

A question for the Delegate, although I suppose it could be asked to anyone with Border Control powers. In the "Currently Banned" thread, in cases where the reason is "violating NS and community rules," why are we not listing the specific rules broken?

A question for the Delegate, although I suppose it could be asked to anyone with Border Control powers. In the "Currently Banned" thread, in cases where the reason is "violating NS and community rules," why are we not listing the specific rules broken?
No particular reason. It’s how I’ve seen it done and I’m following suit. Usually it’s trolling or harassment of players, sometimes flamebaiting, in terms of the NS stuff. In terms of community, it’s usually being particularly offensive or targeted in the abuse of other players, typically due to bigotry or violent language.

Shouldn't the reason be documented in case of an appeal, or are the border control officers retaining that information elsewhere?

Shouldn't the reason be documented in case of an appeal, or are the border control officers retaining that information elsewhere?
It is documented. It’s the same process of digging up the cause whether I named a specific NS rule or community guideline or didn’t. And I would be able to produce the receipts if I had to.

Do you plan on or have you blocked BoM and Osiris from using the endorse the world tool?

Do you plan on or have you blocked BoM and Osiris from using the endorse the world tool?
At this time I wouldn’t block Osiris from using the tool. I may have been under the impression this was already done with BoM, but I will happily look into it and apply such a prohibition if it is not already in place.

At this time I wouldn’t block Osiris from using the tool. I may have been under the impression this was already done with BoM, but I will happily look into it and apply such a prohibition if it is not already in place.
Although... considering the nature of the region it might not be as consequential for them :P

Hey, on an unrelated note, how's the Ministry of Culture doing?
It had a super busy month and it’s had a little break, with a little unexpected break due to some personal setbacks for key personnel. We have some cool stuff planned for the rest of the term.

Since Sedgistan has hinted that admin may commence testing the Frontier/Stronghold update in the first quarter of 2023, does the government have a plan for addressing this update which will result in a loss of 50% of the nations that naturally spawn in TNP, especially given the fact that it is already difficult to maintain activity in the government as it is? If not, will the government make a plan?

Since Sedgistan has hinted that admin may commence testing the Frontier/Stronghold update in the first quarter of 2023, does the government have a plan for addressing this update which will result in a loss of 50% of the nations that naturally spawn in TNP, especially given the fact that it is already difficult to maintain activity in the government as it is? If not, will the government make a plan?
Nothing concrete as of yet. It's been on the radar since the previous delegate, but we weren't really actively working on it when season 3 of cards hadn't even come out. Now with that done and this comment, we know we have a few months before it really starts to become real.

The basic thinking is we would want to explore creating a frontier, but the difficulty with that is that, as you said, engaging the people we have here now is proving difficult, and building a frontier would require working on region building somewhere else, utilizing talent that is in short supply. Failing that, addressing the loss of incoming nations would mean maximizing the ones we have left, and if we had a plan for that, I think we'd be in very different shape right now in general. For most of these years we have been fortifying defensive options with our military allies and guaranteeing frontiers have a place in our foreign policy calculations. If we are serious about building one to help mitigate some of our losses, we will then have to explore questions on what that looks like. My preference is to set it up as an extension of our region, make it clear that whatever unique identity or culture it may form, it is part of TNP and anyone there is considered a resident of our region. This could perhaps lead to diversity in gameside experiences, give people something new to utilize, maybe we get activity and action out of some players because of the frontier when we otherwise wouldn't here. Any plan we make has to address the feasibility of a new frontier in our regional business, and better ways to motivate and engage the people already here. It is under consideration, it has been under discussion, and will be something we look at again as this term comes to close, surely to continue into the next administration.

Delegate Directives 4 and 5 have been updated. The one organization clause has been deleted.

Back