Candidacy Declarations: September 2021 General Election

Did you pull those names out of a hat or something?
Yes, here's the hat I pulled them out of:
OIP.DQztAk_Ql1Ma_86QNTU23gHaH5

Yeah no I'm gonna decline that nomination lmao (that goes goes for all positions too)

Have a general request on positions, where to find out 1. requirements and 2. duties for each post. Some like me are casual players. Ie. log on when having time and if the work week is not too busy. So I'll never apply to something that require 24/7 presence. However if there is a position that mainly entails sitting around looking pretty, I'll take that title. Thank you.

Last edited:
That's funny Sir Kasto, I just explained that I am the wallflower on the side of the room, not the one leading the show in the middle (which I think Speaker post would entitle). But I thank you for your post none the less.

I thank you, Comrade Kasto, for the nomination. I accept.

I will be soon releasing my platform of "Dalist Thought" or "Delegate Supremacy with TNP Characteristics".

- Comrade Chodean Kal,
Last Legitimate Delegate of The North Pacific
Due to time constraints on my end during the campaign period, I'll be withdrawing from the contest. Maybe next time!

I wish @St George a successful campaign and promise to not coup him for 24 hours like in Osiris.

Have a general request on positions, where to find out 1. requirements and 2. duties for each post. Some like me are casual players. Ie. log on when having time and if the work week is not too busy. So I'll never apply to something that require 24/7 presence. However if there is a position that mainly entails sitting around looking pretty, I'll take that title. Thank you.
The only real requirement is being a citizen 2 weeks prior to the election. As you gained citizenship on the 25th of January, you have been eligible for quite awhile. Duties is not something that is for me to discuss, especially in this type of thread. Their responsibilities are outlined here, though. None of the 3 positions (Delegate, VD, and Speaker) might be relevant to you. The people who hold those positions most definetly have jobs, although "looking pretty" does not fit the three. However, the executive staff and its job might be of relevancy to you.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what job would be appropriate to your request. I suggest reading these FAQs which discuss some of the positions in the region outside of four electable positions or request a forum mentor to help you out. :) Cheers if you do choose to get involved with the executive staff.

Also just so I am not thread-jacking and for the hell of it, I nominate @Bobberino for Delegate and @Rocketdog for Vice Delegate.

Thank you Dinoium, will take a look. Same question applies: where would one then get a list of duties/requirements for each Executive position? Or even list of mentors. That is my point of this post. Our Government Registry list many positions and who hold the seat, however I doubt many people know exactly what these positions 'do' and therefore in terms of considering supporting or ever applying for them.. wont happen. Some things could use a revamp.

Last edited:
Please keep general questions and comments out of this thread, and open up a new thread in Agora instead. This thread is to be used for nominations and declarations only.

I am aware of my nomination for Vice Delegate. I am still deciding.

I’m not even eligible this race since I just got my citizenship back. :P Even if I was eligible—though—I would decline regardless.

I nominate @Gorundu for Speaker.
Oopsie...maybe that's why I shouldn't be Speaker :bigdoh:

I decline:P

I nominate @Skaraborg for Speaker
I nominate @Tringapore for all positions.
I also nominate @Comfed, @Robespierre, @St George, @SoulCrusher, @mcmasterdonia, and @Pallaith for Delegate, @Pallaith and @Rom for Vice-Delegate, and @East Isles, @Skaraborg, @Great Bights Mum, and @Owenstacey for Speaker.
Whilst I am tempted I think Venicea is the best candidate for that position at the moment and with them running I see no point running for Speaker. I would recommend you to vote for them instead. I decline my nomination.

Candidacy declarations have closed. This thread will remain open for withdrawals of candidacy only; no further nominations or declarations will have effect.

After careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that the conditions for me to continue my adventure in this election and by extension, in The North Pacific, are no longer there.
Therefore, effective immediately, I withdraw my candidacy as Speaker. I also take advantage of this venue to express my willingness to renounce my citizenship and leave NationStates forever. It is a painful choice gained after realizing the negative effect that being actively involved in TNP government had on my physical and mental health, as well as on my sleep-wake rhythm during the last few months. This election, to which I have dedicated tens of hours of my time and in which, despite this, I have seen my integrity and good faith questioned was the straw that broke the camel's back.
I prefer to leave like this, suddenly and without looking back. I would have liked to wait for the end of the elections but considering the progress of the vote and the comments on the discord, I believe that the outcome has already been decided and that the reopening of the nominations will prevail.

I wish things were different but life is unpredictable and that's okay.

I thank all those who supported me and who believed in me and I wish good luck to the next Speaker of the Regional Assembly, whoever they may be.

It's been an honor and a privilege to serve TNP, even though I wish my time here was longer. I will focus on my life and my projects now.

Farewell.

Venicea

Back