novemberstars#8888
sc.jpg

Repeal: "Condemn The Pacific"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #268
Proposed by: Cormactopia Prime | Co-authored by: Fauxia | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

The Security Council:

Recalling
that the New Pacific Order -- the ruling regime of the Pacific -- has a long history of committing flagrant acts of aggression, many of which were articulated by SC#268 and a preceding resolution which has been repealed, SC#177;

Maintaining, however, that the inaccuracies of SC#268 weaken the argument in favor of condemnation to such a degree that the Pacific cannot be considered worthy of condemnation based on the arguments set forth by SC#268, warranting repeal;

Noting that while Feux and A mean old man did infiltrate Lazarus and Osiris through puppet nations, these nations were not "notable members of the New Pacific Order" at the time of said infiltrations, nor were they members of the NPO at all during that time period;

Dismissing claims that these infiltrations constituted intelligence operations conducted by the NPO, due to a lack of evidence to demonstrate the NPO knew of these infiltrations while they were ongoing;

Acknowledging that Aleisyr and Pergamon, at the time the nations chiefly responsible for governing the Pacific, later became aware of these infiltrations but allowed these nations membership and advancement in the NPO, without informing either Lazarus or Osiris of the infiltrations, but that their reprehensible silence and inaction do not prove the aforementioned claims;

Celebrating that Aleisyr, Pergamon, and other nations responsible for the NPO's duplicitous machinations resigned or were removed from power, in some cases departing the Pacific altogether, and that they were replaced with a new generation of leadership that does not appear to share past aims of strife and conquest;

Observing that Topid, the nation that authored SC#268, has released a communique through a puppet nation expressing its government's belief that the Pacific has made progress toward reform, enough so that Topid has made peace with the NPO;

Recognizing that there is a growing consensus among major global powers that apparent reform efforts undertaken by the NPO are progressing sufficiently to warrant reopening diplomatic relations with the Pacific;

Reflecting that this renewed openness by prominent regions to normalization of relations with the NPO indicates a rising optimism that the Pacific can rejoin the community of regions in good faith, without further condemnation by this body;

Respecting that the nations and regions of the world may yet have varying opinions on the veracity of the NPO's alleged reform efforts, but fervently hoping that such efforts will prove sufficient to avoid any need for this body to condemn the Pacific a third time;

Hereby Repeals SC#268: Condemn The Pacific.

Co-authored by Fauxia
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD]For[/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]10[/TD][TD]5[/TD][TD]2[/TD][TD]0[/TD][/TR]

"Repeal: "Condemn the Pacific"" passed 9,878 (76.1%) to 3,108 (23.9%).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV

Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal SC 268 "Condemn The Pacific", largely due to factual inaccuracies in the target resolution. According to the author, the target contains several falsehoods relating to several players and their actions, such as their status as "notable members of the New Pacific Order." Additionally, this proposal cites reform and diplomatic rejuvenation efforts undertaken since the target's passing as reason for repeal.

Recommendation
Concerns pertaining to the proposal's author notwithstanding, the inaccuracies in the target resolution are a bridge too far in allowing it to stay on the books. Additionally, the NPO has made a genuine effort to rehabilitate its international position through the concerted efforts of its current government.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting For the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Repeal 'Condemn the Pacific'".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. I ain't particularly familiar with this history enough, so will wait out on the experts opinion. Sitting on an Abstain for now.

To clarify, I don’t oppose the existence of the NPO - I just think it’s appropriate for it to have a condemnation.

To clarify, I don’t oppose the existence of the NPO - I just think it’s appropriate for it to have a condemnation.
Can I just say that I am against the NPO and they deserve it? It took me some time to edit this post to remove all the curse words in between.

Last edited:
"Repeal: "Condemn the Pacific"" passed 9,878 (76.1%) to 3,108 (23.9%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back