Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetor

Hoppin' Around
TNP Nation
Praeceps
Discord
Praetor#6889
This term now comes to a close. Significant progress has been made over the last four months. I would first like to thank @mcmasterdonia for appointing me as Minister of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) and providing me the opportunity to deliver drastic improvements to the Ministry. I would also like to thank @Sir Kasto, @Sanjurika , @Peeps, and @Honeydewistan for helping out significantly on the backend of the Ministry and ensuring administrative work went smoothly. I would also like to thank @Nimarya and @Westinor for being such great Minister of Defence and Minister of World Assembly Affairs respectively. As MoFA, I often interact with their areas and their collaboration has been essential in ensuring our foreign policy is effective. They also kept the diplomatic incidents to a minimum which is appreciated. :P Lastly, but not leastly, thanks to @St George for being willing to participate in so many cultural events with our friends. I also appreciate everyone else who has participated in our foreign policy decision-making and influencing.

There are two sides of the Ministry, the internal side and the external side, in each part we delivered superior work this term.

Internally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs this term has:
  1. Produced a report on the Foreign Affairs Committee
  2. Produced a report on the UCR Outreach Program and informed the region of the lack of work done and absence of benefits to the region.
  3. The Foreign Affairs Report started and regularly updated the region on news regions with which we have relations.
  4. A thread for ambassadors to provide recommendations for regions with relations was created to help provide opportunities for participation in foreign affairs.
  5. The Letter of Credence which was an administrative nuisance offering little value to the region was terminated.
  6. The Diplomatic Training Manual has had seven chapters finished and reviewed by the Senior Diplomats. It is currently over 14 pages long. It should be finished by the official end of the term. If all the content is not finished, there is enough material that what is currently finished can be published.
Externally, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs this term has:
  1. Completed a review of all of our embassies both on the forums and in-game and closed those which were no longer of value.
  2. Supported the North Pacific Army and the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs in preventing a fascist resolution from reaching the voting floor and dealing in the aftermath when our allies sanctioned activities that aided the causes of fascism.
  3. We introduced, joined the Inter-Regional Chat and have played a strong part in shaping it to how it looks today.
  4. Established forum embassies with Augustin Alliance, Brightonburg, Caer Sidi, Philippines, Thaecia, and United Regions Alliance expanding the number of active regions with which we hold relations, as well as opening relations with two interregional organizations.
  5. Modernized the Embassy Requests form to recognize that a number of regions are choosing to forego forums nowadays.
  6. We participated in the URA Showcase and the NationStates Great Exhibition showing TNP off to other regions.
  7. We have also engaged externally in a number of situations which I am not at liberty to discuss (yet in some cases) but rest assured that we were proactively engaging in interregional affairs!
I would like to refer back to McMasterdonia’s campaign thread for Delegate for the past term. He set out a number of objectives for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which I am excited that we have met all of them.
My leadership will be characterised by an assertive, pragmatic and dignified foreign policy that prioritises regional interests;
Proactive participation in GP discussions with The North Pacific's voice being heard in major world events, with TNP serving as an agent of change and disruptor if needed in order to protect regional interests and our allies;

While difficult to demonstrate publicly given the role we often play behind the scenes, I am comfortable saying that we have met these two objectives. In discussions regarding foreign affairs, we review what policy best supports the regional interest and we rise above petty politics.
Foreign Minister to provide regular reports to the region on notable events

The Foreign Affairs Report has regularly done this.
The Executive will provide comprehensive reports on major world events - see examples listed in the FA section including the report on TEP’s coup and the one on the CCD incident.

While there have been few major incidents, we did provide a comprehensive report to the region on the issues with quorum raiding we faced with TSP.

The World Factbook to continue to be maintained and edited. Goal of converting it to a spreadsheet where dispatches are automatically updated from.

This has been an ongoing process albeit slow to continue to maintain and edit the World Factbook. Unfortunately, we were unable to have the automatic dispatch updating due to a lack of availability of an administrator being able to do this.
UCR outreach via proactive seeking of new embassy relations with new regions;

We reached out to the Augustin Alliance and the United Regions Alliance to establish relations with both of them, thus making formal contact with dozens of regions through these interregional organizations in addition to the regions which came to us to open relations.
In-game and offsite embassy review and closures of inactive embassies.
The Embassy Review was completed. This task has been done.

We have done all of what McM set out to do this term. This term has without been a doubt been a success building on the Ministry from what it was previously. There is room for growth in the Ministry and there will always be. The most pressing matter at the moment is ensuring that better training is being done to help equip current members of the Diplomatic Corps to become leaders in our foreign policy. The soon-to-be released Diplomat Training Manual will help accelerate this training. Despite all the immense improvements made this term, there is always room for improvement and we must never become complacent. We did go above and beyond what McM planned for this term with the Diplomat Training Manual being done this term in addition to a number of other smaller changes mentioned above.

Thank you all for your time.

Regards,

Praetor
Minister of Foreign Affairs
The North Pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back