PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
sc.jpg

Repeal: “Liberate The Embassy”
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #344
Proposed by: Alcala-Cordel, Co-authored by: Balkede | Onsite Topic
Replacement: None​

Security Council Resolution #344 “Liberate The Embassy” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The Security Council,
  1. Understanding that The Embassy has been secured from hostile forces,
  2. Believing that this Council should allow the nation in the region the ability to establish barriers of entry to prevent future invasions,
  3. Acknowledging that The Embassy must reimpose said barriers so as to remain protected,
  4. Hereby Repeals SCR# 344 "Liberate The Embassy".

Co-authored by Balkede
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD] For [/TD][TD]Against[/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]8[/TD][TD]17[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]2[/TD][/TR]

Repeal: "Liberate The Embassy" has passed 12,283 (82.4%) to 2,618 (17.8%).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV

Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal Security Council Resolution # 344 "Liberate The Embassy", a recently proposal passed in response to a raid of the target by raider forces. The rationale for repealing the Liberation is that invader organizations which had held the region have now moved out and thus, the continued existence of the Liberation places a burden on the protection of the region from future raids.

Recommendation
It should be noted that this repeal was submitted quickly, and is not of high quality. While this can be inherent to the nature of liberations, there are some concerns over the motive of the author's seemingly opportunistic motives for a badge and how this effects the quality of the proposal. Others have raised the issue of the history of the region, especially its RMB, and that notwithstanding, issues surrounding the loss of a founder and whether the region may be able to defend itself and redevelop once liberation forces move on may be potentially problematic.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council resolution at vote, "Repeal: Liberate The Embassy".

Last edited by a moderator:
My first thoughts - I know this is necessary, but feels like a free badge for this random dude who I don't even know about. Also, is this actually the correct way forward? Leaning against for now.

For

The damage is done they have to rebuild even if it is a badge hunt of a proposal. This time they might even be smart engho not to leak the password lol.

agaisnt

Down with the WA repeal team.
we must liberate the Embassy from them evil raiders

Nevermind, I just saw that the Embassy was liberated from Riders. so yeah. it might be needed. but I just can't vote in favor of a repeal.
DOWN with all repeals.

Last edited:
Against. I'm unconvinced it's the appropriate time for a repeal given that the region has hardly been rebuilt to the point that it can fend off future invasion attempts.

My apologies for not catching this sooner. This proposal has achieved the votes necessary to enter the formal queue. This proposal will take the floor at Major Update tomorrow night (EST).

Last edited:
Against.
To avoid continued abuses and exploitation they will require the safeguards to allow themselves to rebuild.

For
Natives password the region -> region is safe

Natives must leave region open -> region is not safe

Repeal: "Liberate The Embassy" has passed 12,283 (82.4%) to 2,618 (17.8%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back