Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
sc.jpg

Condemn Mikeswill
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Mikeswill
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic
The World Assembly Security Council,

Aware of the sixteen-year long, iron-grip control, that the leader of Mikeswill holds over the region NationStates, an oddly-named region which paradoxically shares a name with the multiversal plane that all known nations exist on,

Acknowledging that, during this sixteen-year reign, the leader of Mikeswill has led multiple countries - one of which, Mikes hope, was leveled to the ground due to godly wrath, likely as a result of the leader's maleficence,

Deploring the illusion that is used by the leader of Mikeswill in order to make NationStates appear to be more democratic than it actually is, through the use of satellite states under their control - a decision that is used to avoid criticism, exemplifying their tyrannical rule over the region,

Disgusted by the public, daily display of oftentimes sensitive information of nations within NationStates, ultimately showing that the despotic ruler of Mikeswill cannot be trusted, even by those who are said to be under their protection,

Denouncing the artificial inflation of regional population during the apocalypses of the undead, ultimately and intentionally leading to more suffering in the world during these times, solely for the international praise that may come from "curing" the damned,

Scorning Mikeswill's utter, relentless disdain towards this prestigious body, voting against nearly all proposals put forth before it - a belief that is so vile, annoyingly repetitive, and prominent that it ultimately caused the regional descriptor of "Anti-Security Council" to be made available by the international community,

Further decrying the fact that Mikeswill's hatred towards this most august assembly spreads beyond their own borders, seeing as the leader of Mikeswill has chosen to banish all nations who vote for any proposal to liberate a region, one of the most important and discernible functions of this chamber,

Noting that Mikeswill is the figurehead of the nation of The Highlander 1, notorious for their friendship and support of infamous raider regions, which has effectively resulted in a shield protecting NationStates from invasion, all while other innocent regions continue to be subjected to destruction at the delight of Mikeswill, completely contrary to the “Friends With All; Aligned With None” mantra of NationStates,

Impressed by Mikeswill’s artwork galleries, which exceed nearly all other nations in magnitude, yet saddened to realize the tactics employed in order to acquire these collections, which include:
  • Abusing power and position to coax innocent nations into selling art well below their presumed value,
  • Contributing to massive value crashes of well-known artwork through participation in the process of counterfeiting for personal gain,
  • Using preexisting artwork collections to produce more favorable deals on the market,
  • Monopolizing hard to find artworks appraised as ‘legendary’ by critics, artificially increasing scarcity and price,
  • Attempting to hide artwork via their satellite nation of The Highlander 1,
Concluding that, amid the nations who have made a career out of wreaking international havoc and ruthlessly ruling under the guise of peace and love, Mikeswill prevails as among the most prolific and tenured,

Hereby condemns Mikeswill.

Co-Authored by Noahs Second Country
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited:
"Condemn Mikeswill" is a well-written proposal, but one that falls flat in its arguments and targets a nation unworthy of recognition by the Security Council. The nation in question, Mikeswill, is a prolific cards player and long-time Delegate of the region NationStates. The proposal's reasoning for a condemnation hinges on two things: Mikeswill's history as Delegate, and his history as a cards player.

Under normal circumstances, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs would likely support such a proposal. However, we cannot in good faith recommend that this effort be allowed to pass. Both Mikeswill and his region harbor a fervent anti-Security Council stance, going so far as to oppose the chamber's very existence. Regardless of how well-written or coherent a condemnation is, it should not be granted with the target's support to a player opposed to the very idea of the Security Council.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting Against the at-vote Security Council proposal, "Condemn Mikeswill".

Last edited:
Abstain. While I think Mike's antics in cards is worthy of recognition, I find it hypocritical he's accepting a condemn when he has spoken out against them in the past.

Interestingly enough, though he's typically against C&Cs, he actually supported the one drafted by 9003 and Praetor.

He likes card SC proposals, and this draft does a good deal mentioning Mike's contributions to the artwork community.

In other words, seeing that I'm also a card player, For with no hesitation.

Against. As Gorundu said, why should the Security Council give a nation's recognition when it refused to recognize us (the SC)?

So, for the record, I think a lot of these comments mischaracterize Mike's stance on the Security Council. While at one point, his opinion may very well have been that the Security Council as a whole is detrimental to the game (and, in doing so, he "soils the institution" that is the Security Council), in recent times it has been a much calmer critique of the chamber, which I feel has some merit.

Whereas Mike still has a hard opposition line against liberations (more on that below), their policy on commendations and condemnations has loosened up quite a bit, while still keeping in line with their original critiques. Obviously Mike believes that c/cs are a popularity contest, but there has been a recent trend of his where he has been voting for some non-repeal Security Council proposals. In my eyes, this shift means that he believes that there are those worthy of recognition, but that the bar is too low for what it is generally considered.

The Security Council proposals that he has (recently) voted for are, in chronological order (this does not include repeal attempts):
Commend Crushing Our Enemies (v1)
Commend Kindjal
Commend Destructive Government Economic System
Commend Crushing Our Enemies (v2)
Commend 9003

If we dissect this, we find a few things. All of these players are arguably at the highest of their fields. Kindjal is pretty much the most successful issues-answerer in the entire game, and I haven't heard any refutation to that. Both 9003 and DGES are top-10 players of the Cards minigame, and perhaps who people think about when they think success in the cards game (except, perhaps Koem Kab, whose lack of presence on this list is notable - Condemn Koem Kab came about before this general shift in thinking came about, which explains it well enough to me). Crushing Our Enemies, whose name appears twice on this list, is perhaps one of the most accomplished players when it comes to regional governance and organization (though, admittedly, I know less about them than I do about the others on this list).

What this says to me is that Mike has a far higher standard of what merits commendation/condemnation than the average player. This is not inherently a bad thing, nor is it damaging to the Security Council as an institution. Believing that the Security Council is more of a popularity contest as opposed to a showcase of truly spectacular achievements is not necessarily a new concept, nor is it exclusive to Mike. It's also not entirely inaccurate, in my opinion. While I don't necessarily agree with Mike and their policy on the Security Council, I don't think it's necessarily a reason to vote against it.

At one point, Mike may have "not recognized" c/cs as legitimate. I think that this mindset has changed into a more sophisticated form of thinking - one that is more nuanced, and not as inherently anti-Security Council as his ideology once was, or as many people seem to believe. If a proposal like this came up a year ago, I would've agreed with you all, but people change, and I feel that Mike legitimately has in this regard.

Mike made the following statement on the Cards Discord Server, shortly before this apparent policy change happened:
My real problem was with Liberations. As a delegate of a Founderless region my last line of defense is Passwording the Region. Liberations takes this power away. It usurps the original game created power of Endorsements. Remove Liberations and I can live with the popularity contest of Condemn/Commend.

This both reinforces my idea of his recent thoughts on c/cs, as well as giving a reason for his opposition for liberations (and a perfectly reasonable one, at that). Liberations, both as a concept and as a mechanic, threaten Mike's position in his region. Again, I disagree with his belief here, but I don't think it's an entirely unreasonable one.

More responses to this are welcome and appreciated.

I don't believe that anything Morover said suggests that he's going to start putting on a friendly face to C&Cs. It's almost impossible to get Mikeswill to vote for a C&C.

Against. Invalid vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back