Repeal: Ensuring Safe Syringe USe
Category: Repeal | Target: GA #482
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic
Voting Instructions:General Assembly Resolution #482 “Ensuring Safe Syringe Use” (Category: Health; Area of Effect: Healthcare) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.
The World Assembly,
Noting the good intentions of GAR#482: "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use";
Believing that, despite these good intentions and eloquence of the target, it does have some significant issues, which most notably include the following:
Knowing that, as a result of these issues, the target resolution doesn't actually accomplish its goals effectively;
- The use of the term "syringe" in place of "needle", the intended issue of GAR#482, which makes nearly all of the clauses obsolete, given that they have no actual significant effect on actual syringes, as syringes need significantly less disinfection than needles;
- The ambiguous use of the word "OR" in clause 1(a) which could lead to some confusion among the actual goal of the Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response Center;
Wishing to replace GAR#482 with a resolution that does actually accomplish the noble goal that the target was initially intended to do;
Hereby repeals and strikes out "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use".
- Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
- Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
- Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
- Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!