Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew

sc.jpg

Condemn Deruuu
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Deruuu
Proposed by: A mean old man | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

ASSERTING that, despite what popularly-reported statistics may claim, Deruuu has a crippling traffic problem,

CONCEDING that this traffic problem would be none of the World Assembly’s concern, were it contained within the borders of Deruuu,

NOTING, however, that Deruuu’s abysmal traffic nightmare has, despite international efforts to contain it, spilled well beyond the confines of this nation’s territory through apparent negligence of some inconceivable scale,

BEWILDERED by the origins of such an immense explosion of traffic originating from a small nation that was only hastily cobbled together by violent segregationists not even one month ago,

BEMOANING the fact that the mayhem resulting from this nation’s irresponsible explosion of emigration directly caused the brief shutdown of all global infrastructure,

BELIEVING that the economic damage caused to some nations by this brief but absolute shutdown may take years to undo, and that this collapse of global infrastructure has certainly resulted in an unnecessary loss of life due to the temporary failure of numerous healthcare facilities,

HURRIEDLY ATTEMPTING to accommodate enormous droves of confused refugees emanating from this awkward and unprepared nation,

HEREBY CONDEMNS Deruuu.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Against, for obvious reasons.

Deruuu hasn't played the game.

(All my votes are invalid)

Last edited:
Against.

Because, its not really fair to disgrace a individual person who didn't meant to do this to NT and its fair to not propose this forward.

Present for now. While I'm not a fan of these proposals, this could be an interesting experiment.

Against while the actions are deserving of one if they happend on NS they happend off NS and as such the WA should not award it.

Against. We have established a clear precedent on joke proposals and while we may be a tad overwhelmed with recent events, and some of us may not enjoy it all that much, we must vote down these types of things.

Too little, too late perhaps, but:

For.

The proposal itself is well written and A Mean Old Man himself voted against the resolution, though this may be because he had to cave to external pressure. I had no idea who Deruuu was, though I was aware of the Drew incident. Several good points, and bad, were raised on the NS forum regarding this resolution.

It wasn't a joke proposal though it may have appeared as such as it was written IC. I don't believe AMOM was "jumping on the band wagon" or badge hunting, but I could be wrong. He's authored 8 previous SC proposals. This Drew certainly attracted attention to NS, which couldn't handle the traffic obviously. This is both good and bad. Ultimately, he is responsible for his own actions, as are we all. What his viewers demographic is I don't know or care.

Some few of the fans will likely continue to play as we all have to our varying degrees. On again and off again as many of we long termers tend to be.

What will the ultimate fallout will be? Who can say? I'll simply add that it could be phenomenal. Who knows where the next truly great player/s will come from?

As an aside, I'll add that I happened to like AMOM when he used to reside here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back