-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
sc.jpg

Commend The Holy Principality of Saint Mark

Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Holy Principality of Saint Mark
Proposed by: The Unified Missourtama States | Onsite Topic

Recognizing The Holy Principality of Saint Mark (also referenced in this commendation as 'Saint Mark') as a leader in many aspects of the world,

Remembering Saint Mark’s Service as a Regional Officer in:
  1. Osiris, as the longest serving Priest of Osiris, presiding as a judge over judiciary cases and one who helped craft its judicial accords, to establish the court system,
  2. Albion, by creating its religion, including its sacred texts, holidays, clergy and ceremonies , and contributing heavily to the culture within the region as the Archbishop of the Church of Jormunr, and as an adviser to the King,
  3. The Sasquatch Republic, as a founding member and the Dean of the Cathedral of Saint Agatha the Squatcher, helping to create the Sasquatch culture of the region,
  4. Karma, as a founding member and Sage, protecting and guiding new nations in the region,
  5. The East Pacific, as an Arbiter in the judicial system,

Also realizing Saint Mark has influenced many other Nations by serving as a leader in the feeder region, The West Pacific:
  1. Serving as Delegate of The West Pacific, and during their time as Delegate,
    1. Introducing the new Imperial culture,
    2. Amending the Manners of Governance of the West,
    3. Negotiating the treaty of Fuhuo with Lazarus,
    4. Being the driving force behind the Détente between The South Pacific and the West,
    5. Working diligently behind the scenes to encourage internal reforms in The Pacific, while helping some of the regions involved in the conflict to reach accord and,
    6. By responding to events both internal and external in a thoughtful, reasoned way, sought to bolster The West Pacific’s reputation as a serious, fair, active region,
  2. Serving as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of The West Pacific, and during their time as Minister negotiating the Chol Covenant between The West Pacific and Lazarus, and writing the original Guide for Diplomatic Interactions, outlining the duties and expected behavior of diplomats,
  3. Serving as the first Speaker of The Hall of Nations of The West Pacific, and during their time as Speaker wrote The Etiquette of The Hall of Nations, its operating procedures,
  4. Serving as a Guardian of the West, protecting the region from coups,

Observing Saint Mark’s contributions to NationStates Today and their assistance in forming the News Partnership Framework which established the governance and goals of the NSToday organization which now stands as the World’s largest news organization,

Appreciating how Saint Mark spearheaded the POP Accord, which created a safe environment for all, striving to prevent sexual endangerment of children, Signed and agreed upon by The East Pacific, South Pacific, The West Pacific, Lazarus, Balder, Osiris, Lands End, Pacifica, Ragerian Imperium, Krillin, and The Sasquatch Republic,

Seeking to commemorate the contributions and goodwill of The Holy Principality of Saint Mark,

Hereby commends The Holy Principality of Saint Mark.

Co-authored by Teralyon.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited:
Against.

I think this nominee is commendable, unfortunately this proposal does not make the case well enough.

Despite feedback being offered on the forums by a couple of individuals, while some of it was accepted, others were not and there was no response provided. As such, when I read this resolution, I have a number of questions. From what did Halo do as an Arbiter in The East Pacific to why are the signatories of the POP Accord needing to be listed (including regions I have never heard of before) to questioning their contributions to NSToday (many TNPers know this "newspaper" to be of questionable quality and reliability).

I would hope that the authors would continue to draft this proposal and interact with those offering feedback on the SC forums.

Last edited:
Against as well. I have to agree that the nominee is indeed very Commendable but that this draft needs some work before it can truly be something I would be in favor of passing.

This isn't the best of writing. I think Mark should be commended, but do it better. Against.

Against. Agree entirely with Praetor, Bob, and Rom.

it’s just a boring list. This doesn’t adequately describe Mark and makes him just look like any above average GCR delegate, which is rude to him. In many ways, the lack of description makes it worse than proposals in 2009. Listing positions is also weak because we don’t know what he did in those positions. The proposal doesn’t state if there were any trials during his time as a arbiter, or any coups as guardian. How do we know making Osiris’ court is a good thing? Etc.

This is a time when the SC is retrograde and we need to remind people we want good quality.

Against. Others have already stated why, and although I’m very much in support of Halo being commended by the World Assembly the unfortunate reality is that this isn’t the proposal to do it. In my opinion, it needs to be written better, as Halo deserves a proposal that is written well and is of higher quality. He was a very good Delegate of the West Pacific, I’d say outstanding even, but he needs a proposal that does him justice and recognizes things in a way that reads well and this proposal just isn’t it.

Hey all, I'm TUMS (The Unified Missourtama States), one of the authors of this proposal, I will answer any questions regarding content, sources, reasons for commendation, or choice of inclusions. I hope you vote for the proposal, I wish all in the North a strong, robust, and plentiful day.

Fully agree with the comments the many experienced SCers have pointed out above. As someone who has little idea of the nominee, I feel that the proposal feels like a basket list of events and does not well describe how the nominee deserves the commendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back