Ok so i'm confused about the card guild

MintChocoIC13

Registered
I mean like I did join it but I kinda know what's it about. But can anyone clarify anything for me about the card guild? I'd appreciate it.

Of course! The Cards Guild is an organization in The North Pacific meant to promote the trading cards game, provide resources for those interested in cards, and use cards to promote involvement in the region.

If you're looking for information about trading cards, I'd like to recommend our Guide.

An overview of what the Guild runs can be found here. One of the most popular programs that the Cards Guild runs is the ability to request cards here. It can be super helpful if you're starting to build your collection. Feel free to reach out to me for further information!

So all you do is trade cards?

As in the cards game itself? Pretty much. But as in the guild? No. The North Pacific Cards Guild has several key functions:

1. We provide accurate info into the functions (and features) of the card game. This program was devised specifically by the guild for all players to reference, whether by to see how active the market currently is at the moment, what cards you'll expect to obtain in particular spans of time (a.k.a. "seasons"), what amount of card currency you currently own across all your nations, and more. Players can expect to at least take a glance in these tools' directions in order to make the process of understanding cards much easier for themselves.

2. We hold pull events for cards. Pull events are the deliberate act of self-auctioning (or collaborative auctioning, should you trust another player enough) rare cards of well-known nations in order for players to (hopefully) pull them from packs. The chances to pull rare cards (including extremely well sought after guild cards like HMS Unicorn) always increase if said card is put on auction, so this practice has been made (for the sake of helping players complete their collections) into a fully-fledged event within the guild.

3. We hold contests that aim to display some of NationStates's greatest collections. These contests are done monthly, and this further incentivizes trading by offering (in addition to bragging rights) a reward to the person who possesses the greatest (themed) collection within the entire game.

4. We gift, rather than trade, cards. In order to increase players' interest in the trading game, the Guild chooses to send cards to nations for completing specific tasks (whether by endorsing other nations within The North Pacific, becoming a citizen of The North Pacific, or even by winning 1 of the monthly contests as mentioned above). Once those (relatively easy) tasks are completed, the nations who performed those tasks may see themselves in possession of valuable cards for free (including legendary cards as rare as Testlandia itself!).

Btw do cards do anything?

There is one thing that cards do to your nation: gaining stat badges.

...or to be more accurate, a single stat badge: International Artwork is a recently-added badge that is fully dependent on your nation's deck value. Therefore, this can only be increased by becoming active in cards (issue-answering or joining the World Assembly will not affect this badge in the slightest).

You should be able to see your current International Artwork ranking here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=list_nations?censusid=86

Other than the above, cards do nothing to your actual nation, so it does not affect anything in the way that joining the World Assembly or issue-answering does.

and how was the Card Guide established?

One of the key goals of the Guild was to create a fully-fledged cards guide that would: 1) define card-based terms that newer traders would not know, 2) go over key details that would allow them to become successful traders, and 3) get those traders interested in joining card communities (such as TNP's Cards Guild).

To meet these objectives, it required over a month to actually write, and it summarizes the experience of several months/years of trading, with screenshots of said trading being particularly used in order to exemplify/clarify actions within the NS Cards game (such as how to gift a card to someone).

Of course, due to cards being a relatively new addition to the game, we expect edits to be made to the guide in the future, but we believe that 99.9% of what we intended to finish has been met in the current version. It's formatted in the style of TNP's WA Development Program in order to separate each card topic from each other (in other words, we didn't want to clutter all the info into one dispatch). Each dispatch contains its own table of contents, and if you want to jump straight to a subtopic (within that dispatch) then simply click on the term.

Also, in order to fully meet the 1st objective (i.e. defining card-based terms), we devised a little glossary of all the card-based terms (in alphabetical order). It's in the very last dispatch in the guide (titled "Index"). The table of contents in that dispatch will contain letters. Click on one and you'll jump straight to all the card-based terms that start with that letter. Clicking on one of those terms will then redirect you to the definition of that term in its respective dispatch (within the guide, of course).

As a final thing, please note that the guide was intentionally made to be used by all regions (and not just TNP), hence why there's a disclaimer that states so on the main page, along with the fact that the guide has no TNP logos/coat of arms in any of the pages (instead being replaced by the official NS Cards logo).

Last edited:
Back