Card Market Watch

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-

Card Market Watch

What is this?

To help all those interested in the statistical trends of the card market at large, we decided to start keeping track of a few numbers and make some graphs. These include things such as the number of cards and money being traded each day, the number of nations active trading cards, the number of cards that can be spawned and the odds of getting them, the daily market value of some of the most valuable cards, and many more. We also decided to make all this data and graphs available to everyone.

Below we include a small number of representative graphs (you can click on the images to be taken to interactive versions of the same graphs). For the full range of data and graphs, you can use the following resources, which have data starting from June 3rd, 2019:
  • The card market watch spreadsheet, which includes the raw data for all graphs and a lot more. The spreadsheet updates daily at around 8:00 am ET.
  • The daily trade records, which includes logs of all trades taking place each day. The records update every minute.
  • The deck value records, which includes daily records of the top 100 decks by value, as well as world aggregates. The records update every day at around 7:00am ET.
  • The card market watch dispatch, which includes some additional graphs and related information.
Can I subscribe to have card-related data logged?

Yes you can! We offer three types of subscriptions:
Data is recorded daily at around 1:00 am ET. Currently, the recorded data takes the form of XML files identical to those provided by the cards API, stored separately for each day. In the future, we plan to add some automated graphs, e.g., plotting a card's MV and number of owners over time, etc.

You can subscribe by posting in the NationStates forum thread. Please make sure to follow the instructions in the opening post of that thread. All subscription requests will first be reviewed by the Guildmaster before being added to the above lists of subscribers - this is a precaution step to avoid unreasonable subscription requests (e.g., "track all 1,000 nations in region X", etc.).

What if I still have questions?

For any questions or comments, including requests for additional data and graphs, please post in this thread.

Market activity

The following graphs show how many trades take place each day. They also break down the total trades along various categories, such as rarity of traded card, and season.

Market volume

The following graphs show how much money changes hands each day. The graphs also break down the total volume per card rarity and per season.

Legendary market value

The following graph show the average and median market value of all legendary cards available in Season 1 and Season 2.

Deck values

The following graphs show the total value of all decks in the world, as well as of the top 1, 10, and 100 decks by value.

[Dispatch version (please upvote!)]

Last edited:
s1 prices are going down I would stick to s2 save for a select few odd balls

The card generation is a bit wonky. I had some population 1 for sale and about the time of resolution of sale another one popped up. This has happened more than once in the past week. Just not coincidence. I feel manipulated.

This is also the weirdest auction I have ever participated in. I work as an auctioneer and the highest bid wins period. You don't have this running the bid up and the one of the larger players hit your higher bid and then take the lower ask from you. It really is very unfair and should be discontinued, it gives the advantage to the player holding multiple copies. I quit running bids up and this is what lowers card values. Hot button for me.

Last edited:
One A$$ has done this multiple times and threatned me but I still get hm when I can; two can play that game. See the sheer unfairness creates friction.

Last edited:
Back