Kranostav
Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Condemn Kyrusia
Category: < Condemnation > | Nominee: Kyrusia
Proposed by: Marilyn Manson Freaks | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Recalling the fabled creation of Kyrusia: one deeply shrouded in mystery.

Reminiscing about how the Overgoat, who was soon to be the Overlord of Kyrusia, fell from the stars, landed on this world, and almost immediately after, founded the autocratic hellhole that is now known as Kyrusia.

Aware of how incredibly far from the Overgoat's caprine home planet he was, and the trials that he faced during the construction of Kyrusia, which in his mind would soon form a new world order while on this planet and eventually dominate the multiverse.

Disgusted that in a desperate attempt to further his own plots and establish Kyrusia as a world superpower, the Overgoat has expanded his sphere of influence across the world, specifically, to the Sinker region Osiris.

Shuddering at the numerous depravities the Overgoat has committed against Osiris and its inhabitants to accommodate his and the nation of Kyrusia's goals and ambitions, including, but not limited to:

• Kyrusia's fervent attempts to brainwash and control Osiris in their former position of Sub-Vizier of Propaganda under three Pharaohs via carefully-constructed banners, badges, and posters to justify war crimes and other acts of aggression against non-Osirans,

• Kyrusia's complete and utter disregard for justice as shown through their term as a Priest of Osiris, which they have used to exert their authority upon those even convicted of petty crimes by giving them unreasonably harsh sentences,

Unsettled at Kyrusia's national religion, the Cult of the Overgoat, which is nothing more than a state-mandated cult of personality manufactured by glittery zealots to extend the Overgoat's tyrannical reign,

Horrified that Kyrusia has exploited, spied on, and overthrown foreign nations in the name of the Cult of the Overgoat, using religious freedom as an excuse,

Dispirited that citizens of Kyrusia have been rendered mindless propaganda-pushing zombies by the Kyrusian media and the satellites listed below:

• Renegade Radio, a rebel radio station that is intercepted daily by Kyrusian propagandists hoping to desensitize Kyrusians to the murders of the Overgoat's political opponents,

• Yabber, a GalactiNet site that has fallen prey to thousands of Kyrusian bot accounts, created only to interfere in foreign elections,

Furious that a nation and its leader would resort to such treachery and impurity,

Hoping that one day a benevolent force may free Kyrusia from the Overgoat and his minions,

Hereby condemns Kyrusia.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ИФВ:
The proposed condemnation of Kyrusia is fundamentally lacking. This is primarily due to the rushed drafting process which did not allow for the majority of the following issues to be properly dealt with. Primarily, this proposal seems to brush over and totally exclude a very large amount of relevant content to this condemnation. When asked, the author claimed that they wanted this proposal to be light-hearted, which is perfectly fine in theory, but ultimately harms the execution of this proposal for such a deserving target.

Due to the reasoning above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Last edited:
This distinct proposal approaches the Security Council in a way that is stylistically different than most. In comparison, this resolution seems to be written differently then the rest of the author’s work which leads me to believe it’s something aesthetically-employed for dramatic effect. Either way, I would be inclined to vote against this resolution.

Against.

I was going to do a long breakdown of why this proposal is bad but apparently that isn't necessary.

This proposal was rushed through the drafting process, factual inaccuracies are present, it lacks substance and the nominee is deserving of a better condemnation. When I pointed out my concerns in the SC channel on the WA Discord, the author replied that the nominee wanted it to be "light-hearted". How fleshing out the proposal makes it not light-hearted, I don't know, I never got an answer.

If this is worth a condemnation, then it sets a ridiculously low benchmark for future condemnations. The lack of content particularly disturbs me, and I feel that I need to be more convinced that this nation is worth condemning. Against

Kyrusia deserves a condemnation, but this ain't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back