He/him
TNP Nation
Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
moha_seal.png

Opening Address/Midterm Analysis

30 June 2019

At long last! I am most pleased to deliver to you all the following opening address:

A Quick Recap -

Aye everyone,

I figured I'd begin today by taking the time to recognize our achievements of the past two months and also go through progressions with a handful of acknowledgements. First off, I'd like to give a shoutout to our lovely mentees who have enrolled in the mentorship program since the term began on the eleventh of May. @TheBoomerX is someone who I took on as their mentor on the twentieth of June, just ten short days ago! Since then, not only have they applied to and been accepted into the Executive Staff as a member serving the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, but they've also had their land plot claim on the world of Eras' map approved and shown interest in multiple facets of activity. Always someone thirsty to learn new things, Boomer/Medicas has never been shy to ask me questions and receive answers. For that, I can appreciate their proactivity in things and I believe they have a bright future - so shoutout to them!

Next up, there is @ravenclawnat\ or Wizarda - another mentee who has done well to seek understanding and ask questions about anything and everything! I started mentoring them on the thirty-first of May and since then they've applied and been accepted into the Executive Staff as a member serving the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and they've also offered their input on new resolutions reaching the floor. Great job there, I'm excited to see what's next to come!

Lastly, we have Trondstorm! I've been very pleased to mentor you as well! Dead giveaway, but I'll be talking a bit about them and what they've done later on in this address, so keep reading! Big shoutout to those three for their initiative in setting themselves up for success in TNP! But that's not all, as we've also sent out and completed four manual recruitment lists and have started working on editing older telegrams that are scripted. In addition, we continue to work with our valued Gameside Advocates to improve integrational functions and also to spearhead our cards program and our mentorship program. Suffice to say, there's definitely a lot of building blocks we can go off of here. But now, onto...

Ministerial Happenings -

Appointment:

He may have been gone for a moment or two, but by no means was he ever forgotten. Although I did not have the pleasure of witnessing his other terms as the Minister of Home Affairs firsthand, I am able to speculate on the calibre of talent that BMWSurfer brings to the Ministry of Home Affairs. He's taken up the mantle in the past, so for this decision, I decided to choose someone who'd be an appropriate hybrid between the new blood of today and the more experienced veterans of yesteryear. Not only do I expect him to be fairly proactive in this role, but I also anticipate that with his addition to our staff, BMWSurfer will bring a set of steady, dependable hands to the table of Home Affairs leadership.

Though he was unable to serve in such a capacity earlier in the term, I am proud to bring BMWSurfer onto my advisory and have him sit a newly-refurbished chair. Hence, I hereby appoint @BMWSurfer as a Deputy Minister of Home Affairs.

Appointment:

I would be remiss if I did not take this opportunity to properly and publicly thank outgoing Minister of Home Affairs Marcus Antonius; not only for his diligent work previously but also for his continued dedication towards the noble goal of serving the North Pacifican people to the best of his ability. In fact, it's that same sense of commitment he has towards fulfilling the aforementioned noble goal that makes him a rather solid, if not fully expected, choice to serve out the rest of this term by my side on the leadership team of the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Since the first day, Marus Antonius was someone who always had a keen eye for talent even if he didn't always outright say he was scouting for it. Despite his earlier setbacks at the beginning of this term, he's still someone who I'll express an immense vote of confidence in going forward and it is to my belief that he remains an impact player who can be a cornerstone of my tenure on the Executive Council. I will look to him not only for advice (when needed), but I will also be having him take a more hands-on approach towards the tasks assigned to him. Make no mistake, your Minister of Home Affairs is aware of what's expected out of this group, and with Marcus on the staff, we increase our potential for effective achievement in progress. Because of that, I hereby appoint @Marcus Antonius as a Deputy Minister of Home Affairs.

Appointment:

Since enlisting as a soldier in the North Pacific Army on the twenty-eighth of May, Trondstorm has been a familiar face in the barracks of the Ministry of Defense. After starting out as a freshly-recruited Private, he quickly began participating in training operations and earning his stripes the old-fashioned way. In customary fashion, our Deputy Minister of Home Affairs and General of the North Pacific Army, Bobberino, promoted the young upstart to Private First Class only one day after initiation. Since then, he’s progressed his way up to the rank of Corporal and continues to be one of the Ministry of Defense’s newest soldiers with a good upside about them.

As someone who’s been involved with NationStates R/D for well over four years now, I can say that Trondstorm is someone who’s demonstrated an innate ability to learn new concepts quickly and with due time I am confident that he shall become a competent leader in his own right. In the spirit of continuing what my predecessor to the Executive Council did in this capacity, I’ve decided to offer him the opportunity to further his career by serving the region as a member of the Home Affairs leadership team, and in response to that offer, he graciously accepted my invitation. For that reason, I hereby appoint @Trondstorm as a Deputy Minister of Home Affairs.

Dismissal:

In other news, I regret to inform my fellow members of the Executive Staff that, due to real life obligations and a general lack of work output in such capacity, @Dinoium is hereby relieved of his duties as a Deputy Minister of Home Affairs. Unfortunately, at the time of writing, Dinoium does not have the time nor the drive to participate in the Ministry of Home Affairs' activities over the course of the next few weeks and for that reason, I will no longer be requiring his services on leadership. I thank him for his time, effort, and attention in the role previously, but for the remainder of this term he will be given ample opportunity to prove himself once more should he wish to return to the staff at a later date. Today is not that later date, and while I was hesitant to make this move for the simple fact that I see some degree of potential in everyone on my staff, I've sought advisory to the contrary and with that in mind I've elected to dismiss him. Until next time, we wish him the absolute best and hope things in his personal life become less hectic.

Important Announcement:

Not to end this opening address on a solemn note, here comes the latest bit of news from your favourite 'MacMilitant' Minister! Yes yes, I know, this idea was taken wholesale from @El Fiji Grande's work in his time as the Minister of Communications. But, what can I say? This was a great idea that was put into practice by an excellent former MoCO, and one that was executed by an even more exemplary World Assembly Delegate! Kudos to him for thinking up this one except he stole it from an HA concept, and if you've been following along the past month you'll notice that I recently expanded onto this idea in my capacity as a Deputy Minister of Communications under @Pallaith. Nevertheless, I am very excited to announce that the Ministry of Home Affairs will be rebirthing the point and ranking system for its mentors and recruiters!

With such a plethora of things to do in the scope of this office, I want to provide those who actively contribute to the workload with some sort of incentive or some form of reward. This is a great way of doing just that and, if set up correctly, can encourage a more competitive spirit, amongst Executive Staffers and even help foster future workhorses in the field. This was something that was featured in the Ministry once upon a time, but since then it's seen better days in the ways of upkeep and I want to bring that back! Give or take a few days, but I will be working with Deputy Minister Bobberino and Deputy Minister BMWSurfer to ensure that the details for this system are disclosed in the near future.

A Closing Statement -

In summary, the Ministry of Home Affairs is at a crossroads and... that's not necessarily a bad thing either. Our Fijitastic Delegate has done a wonderful job in making his goals for this area of focus very well-known and asserts his aspirations of what Home Affairs could be very apparent. As someone who's newer coming onto the Executive Council, you can expect that I will continue to be extremely proactive in most everything I do because it's now needed more than ever. The next two months will be marked as a turning point in the tide for what Home Affairs considers its standards to be.

No longer will we have a point and ranking system that sits dormant and unattended (one that I'm sure BMWSurfer originally spent a considerable amount of time working on), that will be revived. No more will we continue to send out outdated scripted telegrams that make little to no use of updated site formatting. Instead, we will harness the brevity factor of compact information while still being detailed, and we will choose our words more carefully so that they remain powerful ones that newcomers will be able to relate to. Gone are the days where we hand newcomers an essay of informative text and hope that they'll read it all. As an alternative, let us write scripts to recorded tutorial videos - ones that can be uploaded to TNPU and ones that can educate out newcomers about the finer aspects of each Ministry in more condensed, easy to replay formats.

With all of this being said, let's make Home Affairs the Ministry to be in! I'm all about making things better and you should be too. So please, if you ever have any questions, comments, concerns, suggestions or critiques then go ahead and do not hesitate to send them my way. It's an open door policy, so I invite that kind of peer opinion. Sure, I have a wealth of experience elsewhere, but here I am new and I'm not afraid to admit that. That's why I've assembled such a great team, people who I know the region can call upon. At the end of the day, that's what it's about: Making our community a better place - so let's get started!

Thank you,

Robespierre
Minister of Home Affairs
on the Executive Council

Let's get this ball rolling. Best of luck to you in your first term as a Minister!

Great address! Good luck Robes! Thank you for the appointment of DMoHA. I look forward to working with you. As Chancellor of TNPU, I also look forward to assisting HA and Comms with the tutorials. Here's to to a great and successful, remainder of the term! Let's do this. "in victoria" To Success!

Last edited:
In addition to the appointments made earlier in this thread, it has also come to my attention that I'd do well to re-appoint two Deputy Ministers of Home Affairs even though they were already on my leadership staff long before I became the Minister of Home Affairs and I intended to keep them on without outright specifying they were staying on. At first, I wasn't sure this announcement was needed. I figured it was a given, but I'd much rather be safe than sorry so consider @Bobberino and @Brendog re-appointed as Deputy Ministers of Home Affairs.

They may now take their oaths of office once more.

Back