[WV] The Declaration of a Citizen in Opposition to the Anti-Religious Sentiments that Plague the Region

Yes, but the declaration as currently articulated effects all areas of government including TNPU and Culture. This has been what I am trying to oppose, the blanket ban of non NS content in broadcast form across the board.

I find it funny that people keep saying lets see what Fiji says about this HYPOTHETICAL situation. But just keep weaving the HYPOTHETICAL application of a policy on something that doesn't exist. Maybe actually let Fiji explain what the policy will be instead of what I can only assume is divining what Fiji's response will be by the position of the stars or whatever.

Stop saying it is ACROSS THE BOARD. When Fiji has not actually clarified that it WILL be.

Lets save the outrage and the pitchforks until after an actual reason for them appears, maybe?

Also, fun fact using bold to highlight the importance of a few words is a fun way to make an assertion and distract people from the fact its made without any evidence.

I am not uninformed, Lore. Look at Fiji's post in this very thread and you will see. I seem to be addressing the same things over and over.

I ask you to read your accusation again. Your accusation is that ALL broadcasts will be banned. But that is not the case. The thing Fiji said was that the OFFICIAL, GOVERNMENT RUN account would not feature non-NS topics. Which is a very valid position for a NATIONSTATES GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT be limited to NATIONSTATES CONTENT. That does not stop you from creating a Catholic podcast or myself from making an Atheist Podcast and doing that our own accounts and publicizing such in the University.

Last edited:
The Ministry of Communications is not publishing anything non-NS related.

The Ministry of Culture through the University releases content, NS and non-NS.

Some of this content may potentially be promoted with the Ministry of Communications.

However, keeping in line with the established policy of the Ministry of Communications to not publish anything non-NS related, TNPU may not promote non-NS material through MoComm.

I don't see an issue here.

I ask you to read your accusation again. Your accusation is that ALL broadcasts will be banned. But that is not the case. The thing Fiji said was that the OFFICIAL, GOVERNMENT RUN account would not feature non-NS topics. Which is a very valid position for a NATIONSTATES GOVERNMENT ACCOUNT be limited to NATIONSTATES CONTENT. That does not stop you from creating a Catholic podcast or myself from making an Atheist Podcast and doing that our own accounts and publicizing such in the University.
That position has been addressed in this thread already.

Personally, I think Fiji shouldn't make a statement. Let's have the tension go up a few more notches before he posts.

I think it's worth noting something else that you seem to have forgotten, beyond what I stated in my previous post here.

When we had a conversation about this in the NBS staff channel, when you mentioned TNPU and having VC-based lectures, I was all for the idea. I would be all for United Massachusetts discussing Catholicism under the Augustine Institute, I would be happy to hear about Judiasm, I would love to talk about floof (because irrelevance is not disrepect, as I explained to you before), and I would generally be interested in VC lectures about all sorts of topics, NS-related or not, under TNPU's / the MoCU's banner. My objections solely had to do with the NBS specifically being used for discussing RL topics of any kind, as I believed the NBS should focus solely on NS content.

Surely, if I were one of the "privileged few" (aka oligarchs) pressuring and influencing the pupper Delegate Fiji to do as I wish, this thread would not have been necessary in the first place?

I think the matter is confused by the fact that there are currently only two official TNP youtube channels, and both are affiliated with the NBS - one for NS content, and one for "private media" which can be anything.

It is unclear whether this policy would apply to a new youtube channel created exclusively for TNPU content, with content promoted by the government, because at the time the policy was created, and up to the present, such a channel does not exist.

That was discussed and from my understanding a TNPU channel would be under the same policy. You can ask the Delegate for clarification.

This is the basis of my objection.

Last edited:

For additional clarity on the policy I stated above:
All TNP government publications and productions must be NS-related. The Ministry of Communications will operate two YouTube Channels. The first will be The North Pacific: NBS Radio, which will feature government produced podcasts on NS-related topics. The second will be The North Pacific: Private Media, which will be unaffiliated with NBS, and which will feature independent productions on NS-related topics. All recordings published on platforms operated by the Ministry of Communications, and thereby sponsored by TNP's government must be NS-related. Since TNP’s University is operated by the Ministry of Culture, it is a government organization, and would fall within the same restriction. Were TNP University to be separated and act as an independent organization, this restriction would not be necessary.

Last edited:
Why not basically privatize the Ministry of Culture? Aspects of the government such as the military, the legal system, and diplomats require the authority of the North Pacific government to do their job. The Ministry of Culture does not really require this governmental authority. It can therefore essentially function as a NGO with the purpose of promoting NPR culture, free speech, and generally making the forum a more interesting place. The TNPU, RP functions, and events, as well as the goal stated in the last sentence, can all be looked after in a non-governmental manner. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Why not basically privatize the Ministry of Culture? Aspects of the government such as the military, the legal system, and diplomats require the authority of the North Pacific government to do their job. The Ministry of Culture does not really require this governmental authority. It can therefore essentially function as a NGO with the purpose of promoting NPR culture, free speech, and generally making the forum a more interesting place. The TNPU, RP functions, and events, as well as the goal stated in the last sentence, can all be looked after in a non-governmental manner. Any thoughts?
Sounds like tyranny.

And when the current crop of leaders leave or step down who replaces them? Without an entity over it how can they be replaced? Do we get rid of these people because they are currently part of the government or administration? How does anarchy in the most active parts of the forum benefit the forum?

When it comes down to it. Outside of the government it falls to the admin team to oversee these things. What benefit could possibly be drawn from such. These official youtube channel would cease to exist under this system. And it deprives the government the number one tool of keeping people interacting with the community.

Last edited:
I can't in good conscious support that. The Ministry plays a vital role in government affairs. Privatizing it would not only remove the cultural voice from the cabinet, but would also rob the Ministry of the resources needed to fulfill its mandate.

For additional clarity on the policy I stated above:
All TNP government publications and productions must be NS-related. The Ministry of Communications will operate two YouTube Channels. The first will be The North Pacific: NBS Radio, which will feature government produced podcasts on NS-related topics. The second will be The North Pacific: Private Media, which will be unaffiliated with NBS, and which will feature independent productions on NS-related topics. All recordings published on platforms operated by the Ministry of Communications, and thereby sponsored by TNP's government must be NS-related. Since TNP’s University is operated by the Ministry of Culture, it is a government organization, and would fall within the same restriction. Were TNP University to be separated and act as an independent organization, this restriction would not be necessary.
I have decided, after conferring with both the University Chancellor and Delegate, to free the University from the auspices of the Ministry of Culture. The University is effectively independent of the TNP Government pending an independent charter.

https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9190543/

I have decided, after conferring with both the University Chancellor and Delegate, to free the University from the auspices of the Ministry of Culture. The University is effectively independent of the TNP Government pending an independent charter.
This seems like a good call. The idea of a University not being able to have any non-NS content was raising my hackles, to be honest. Not much of a university at that point.

This seems like a good call. The idea of a University not being able to have any non-NS content was raising my hackles, to be honest. Not much of a university at that point.
From my understanding, the policy only applied to broadcasted content, of which there has never been a single thing in TNPU history.

From my understanding, the policy only applied to broadcasted content, of which there has never been a single thing in TNPU history.
I'll admit, I'm having a hard time following all of the threads of what's going on, so I could have been misunderstanding. But I guess I prefer for the university to be free to start some sort of broadcasted content (??) and have that be whatever content it deems appropriate - cooking shows, language discussions, religious round tables, political throw-downs, history lessons, what have you - than have its oral content restricted to "NS-only".

I'm also not sure the sense of a policy that does differentiate between oral and written content - but that's neither here nor there.

I'll admit, I'm having a hard time following all of the threads of what's going on, so I could have been misunderstanding. But I guess I prefer for the university to be free to start some sort of broadcasted content (??) and have that be whatever content it deems appropriate - cooking shows, language discussions, religious round tables, political throw-downs, history lessons, what have you - than have its oral content restricted to "NS-only".

I'm also not sure the sense of a policy that does differentiate between oral and written content - but that's neither here nor there.
That's fair, and I've never been one to oppose TNPU from doing non-NS content (I'd just rather it be good content and not just copy and pasted from 'on this day' websites with zero analysis or comment >_>).

The University is the preferred avenue by which my show is saved from full rejection. Also, it will allow broadcasts that are not NS related to have a home in the region.

Back