-
Pronouns
He/His/Him
TNP Nation
Prydania
Discord
lordgigaice
6bfEnAS.png

The North Pacific University and the Ministry of Culture have worked together for many years with the goal of creating a space in TNP to host academic discussions on a wide array of topics. This variety allowed the University to hold a special place in TNP's landscape, as it allowed for the academic discussion of topics not confined to NationStates or The North Pacific.

It's because of that tradition that we are here. Recent events have caused the TNP Government to clarify the sort of content TNP government platforms can broadcast and/or promote. The University's function as a part of the Ministry of Culture meant that these new guidelines would severely cut down on the sort of content we pride the University on holding.

I, as Minister of Culture, conferred with both University Chancellor Marcus Antonius and Delegate El Fiji Grande. We saw two paths before us. To reorient the University to only promote NS/TNP-related content or to allow the University to be freed from the Ministry of Culture, and thus TNP Government, so it can continue to operate as it has, freely hosting discussions on a variety of academic topics. The Delegate, Chancellor, and myself are in unanimous agreement that the latter is far preferable to the former. Effective immediately? The Ministry of Culture no longer considers The North Pacific University under its purview.

This transition will not be instantaneous. Chancellor Marcus Antonius still needs to draft a charter for the University independent of the TNP Government. With that said? I would like to reiterate that as far as the Ministry of Culture is concerned, the University is independent of government purview.

As Minister of Culture I still have hopes that the University will continue to be a hosting place for our RP Seminar Series. In the future, however, such events will be in the role of guest to the University. Nothing more.

Thank you all for your time.

-Prydania, Minister of Culture

QkGNBxW.png

@Prydania Will the Ministry of Culture cooperate with the University on certain projects as necessary? And if so, what would the criteria for such cooperation be like, if it should exist?

@Prydania Will the Ministry of Culture cooperate with the University on certain projects as necessary? And if so, what would the criteria for such cooperation be like, if it should exist?
As stated, I fully intend to continue cooperating with the University for cultural events. This new arrangement simply means the Ministry will be partnering with a private organization. It would be a more equal relationship where the University will review what we wish to present.

Last edited:
I welcome this development. It'll be interesting to see a cultural institution survive on its own without the government operating it.

I am very excited to hear this news as the freedom of the transmission and deliberation of ideas shall remain intact because of this policy. I thank both the Minister of Culture, Prydania and Delegate Fiji for allowing this to be a reality. Truly our community can benefit from this new chapter in the University's existence, but I hope cooperation with the community and cultural projects can still be a reality despite the official separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back