The Luscova Pact

"My initial thoughts are, there is no reason to put a hold on Rayvostoka's ability to sign the defense clauses of the pact, because if they use that as an opportunity to make bold and be brazen then we as a Pact have a right to reconsider the mutual defense. And every pact member here reserves the right to not come to their aid because they started a fight with aggressive actions. Given Syrixia has a negligible presence in Auroria already, the restriction of their troops with the exception of defense pact activation is pretty much a non-issue. At the same time, if you're to make such requests then I can already feel a 'leave Yalkan' coming. I personally am more concerned with the seemingly pointless war in Yamantau. Neither side is innocent in that conflict but given its position on the map, the Imperium went out of its way to be the Aggressor. What is stopping the Imperium from making bold against Rayvostoka in the time it'd take for the dense clause to be put in effect?"

Last edited:
"On the immediate issue at hand," Sif said, "the Kingdom of Prydania is happy that the Rayvostokan delegation has agreed to all terms set forward. Prydania votes AYE on their admittance on the condition that they uphold their end of the agreement."

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania
Admit the People's Republic of Rayvostoka? < AYE >

"I must find myself agreeing with Herra Albane," Sif continued.
"The conditions my government set forth- which seem to have reached broad agreement- place Rayvostoka's entry to this pact on a foundation committed to peace. Rayvostokan aggression would likely leave them without support in this pact. And could be in violation of the agreements that led to their membership."

Sif looked through some papers before continuing.

"Might I suggest, Herra Flavian, that your government consider membership in this alliance? We could work towards easing tensions in Aurora. We could even work towards peaceful solutions to your government's adventures in Mettera and southern Gothis."

Greeting the Imperium representative with a nod, Mason knew that his government would want him to try and get them in the Pact. The relationship between their nations has been growing closer over the past few months and getting them in the Pact would only make it stronger along with giving Mondari a deeper foothold in Auroria... "I think it's fairly obvious how sour the tensions are between Syrixia and the Imperium and I don't doubt that Miss Sharma will ask the Imperium to pull its troops out of Meterra. I can definitely see the benefit for the Syrixians if that happens but then again, it's a give and take, if the Imperium is forced to do that then it is only fair that the Syrixians keep their military out of Auroria. That being said, that is something I believe they should negotiate on their own, I won't try and stop anyone in the Pact from trying to mediate the negotiations though. On another note, I agree with Miss Sif, bringing the Imperium into the Pact could definitely help cool the tensions in Auroria, Meterra and southern Gothis. From my own governments point of view, bringing the Imperium into the Pact brings nothing but positives."

"Well, if no one has anything further to add and no one else wants to add or change their votes. The restarted vote has passed in majority favor of Rayvostoka's admission into the Luscova Pact. On the grounds of the binding conditions laid out and signed in this session today. I formally welcome Rayvostoka into this Pact as its fifteenth member state."

Albane accepted a bottle of water an aide offered him, in just a few seconds it was empty.

"With that business now out of the way, we can focus our attention entirely on Mr. Flavian and move on to the prospect of Faltsu's application."

"The People's Republic of Rayvostoka would like to thank its fellow member states for its admission into the pact and hope to foster a great future between our states." Menshev's smile turned to a large grin and he turned to both the ambassadors from Predice, Norsia, and Syrixia nodding his head to each of them as he sat down.

"My government would be willing to enter negotiations with the L.P. on the entry of the Imperium into the Luscova pact. His Imperial majesty is indisposed but the government has approved my request. We would only ask that such documents as the Constantine doctrine be observed. We would like to remain as the guaranteers of Aurorian independence. However I have carte blanche to negotiate."

Last edited:
"Since none of our countries here have an interest in dealing with the logistical nightmares of permanently deploying forces into Auroria outside of times of war. I don't think there will be any issues there, if nothing else is to be added, lets start the votes."

Code:
Nation Name: (NATION NAME HERE)
Admit the Kingdom of Faltsu? < AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >
Admit the Imperium of Saudivici? < AYE | NAY | ABSTAIN >

Nation Name: Empire of Norsia
Admit the Kingdom of Faltsu? < AYE >
Admit the Imperium of Saudivici? < AYE >

Sif rolled her eyes at Menshev as he seemed to go out of his way to ignore her. If it wasn't for her his government wouldn't have ever been accepted in the first place.
No matter. The Rayvostokans would soon prove whether or not they were worth this trouble.
There were more pressing matters though.

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania

“I would like to begin by telling Mr. Menshev to stop his passive-aggressiveness immediately. They got in by the skin of their teeth, and should, by rights not be here. Tread lightly. Now on the matter of the new inclusions, Predice is in favour of both.”

Nation Name: Most Serene State of Predice

"I would also like to handle another important matter. Norsia is beginning a new series of reforms to make our security efforts stronger, these reforms directly impact our ability to contribute to the Investigation to a major degree. To that effect, I must say that we cannot head the investigation into Aydin's involvement in West Vaasa. We trust Prydania entirely and we know they're capable. Ms. Kjær, would Prydania be willing to take the lead of this investigation?"

Sif leaned into an aid, whispering something to her before she returned her attention to Albane.

"The Kingdom of Prydania would be honoured to lead this investigation to the Aydini matter," she said with a nod.

Ten Minutes Later

Max Hveiti grinned. There were a number of...leads...in Aydin he'd been keeping a track on but now? Well the communique from the Foreign Ministry said it all;

communique:
ÖSU to function as arm of Prydanian LP investigation in Eyðimerkurveldi*.

He picked up the phone, dialling a number with the tip of a pen.

"Erik? Yes. Assets in place. You're going to be embedded with Kjær's team. Contact 76 when you're there. Yeah...I'll be touch."

Well that was that. Max sipped some Diet Toki's and leaned back in his chair.

*Eyðimerkurveldi- Aydin

Last edited:
Vargen felt a roaring headache begin to emerge as he made his way to the council chambers, the aurorian detente had taken months to ratify and a monumental effort on the part of its supporters, it have split the pact right down the middle and very nearly shattered it. Now after all that hard work, disunity, and political maneuvering the whole thing threatened to collapse in on itself like a heap of rotting bones. Vargen briefly pondered how much time it would take to get across the aisle and strangle both the Rayvostokan and Imperium's representatives to death, the guards would be on him quickly if the Frigo incident was anything to go by, but surely he could kill at least one of them.

It was of course all fantasy, the council chamber was going to descend into violent discord soon enough but strangulation was for the moment off the table. He sometimes wondered why they bothered with diplomacy at all, in mere moments one crass broadcast had undermined all the pact had worked to accomplish in Auroria. "Rayvostoka, Delenda Est" Vargen made a mental note to add the news anchor to his strangulation list, It was utterly infuriating, for all the objections to Rayvostoka joining, it had in fact been the Imperium who had broken the agreement. The fallout was going to be horrific, Vargen briefly wondered if his elderly father truly had the worse position as ambassador to the PGU.

It was going to be a mess, Whatever the outcome it was going to be a mess and Vargen was not looking forward to the long hours of shouting and political mind games that had lately come to define life as a member of the LP. He sighed as the doors swung open and he move toward the podium, time to kick off the latest farce, time to start the festivities.

"Fellow members of the pact! my government has just been informed about the escalation of tensions in Auroria, that is why we have come here today to formally request crisis talks! the Aurorian Detente was meant to bring peace to the region, both parties signed the non-aggression agreements as a condition of their joining the pact, yet now the Imperium has decided to violate said agreement. However, we are not certain their actions were entirely unprovoked either, given Rayvostoka's own actions in stoking the fires. We call for an investigation! The violating parties must be held to account!"

Sif shook her head.
"We pointed out that the Rayvostokans only wished to use the LP to drag us into fighting their wars. They declared that all non-communist powers were their enemy, yet came crawling to an alliance of free nations begging for protection. Now they're paying for their aggression in Auroria. The Kingdom of Prydania offered a settlement in the hopes that that Rayvostoka could be trusted to act in the best interests of the allies it wished to join. This has clearly not happened. There's no need for an investigation. Rayvostoka should be expelled."

Sif nodded at Frigo.
"If the Imperium is expelled but Rayvostoka remains then this pact will, passively or actively, be supporting the Rayvostokan war effort. The people of Prydania did not struggle for fifteen years under Syndicalism to help fund an alliance that assists another authoritarian regime fight their enemies. The expulsion of both is the only way forward, if expulsion is indeed the option chosen."

"Expulsion is THE only way forward." The whole debacle earlier had left a bitter taste in both Mario's and his Government's mouths, along with much of the wider Predicean public's. "The Imperium may have acted first, but Predice can never, and will never help an authoritarian communist regime, similar to one our country suffered under, fight its wars. Such a thing is unthinkable and completely out of the question."

“The People’s Republic of Rayvostoka at this time has not once attempted to antagonize the Imperium. And I find it extremely odd that despite the lengths my nation has gone to makes fellow members comfortable with its existence there are still concerns even when in fact it was the Imperium who violated the agreement.” Menshev adjusted himself in his chair, mildly annoyed.

“We understand you are currently fighting against a communist enemy, we support you in that endeavor and have not tried to influence it or even speak to the New Alemaners. Nor did we begin practicing invasion drills aimed at our northern neighbor who despite not being given a solid reason still seems to think it has the right to try and act aggressively towards us despite being in the same alliance, which mind you was made for peaceful cooperation.” Menshev answered carefully.

Last edited:
Menshev turned to Sif. “The nation of Rayvostoka is not at war with the Imperium, my government and I do not want a war. We want peace, peace that is seems to be unwanted by the Imperium. Now I understand your and representative frigo’s distrust in us but I really must ask you what have we done despite being a Messianist-Communist state that qualifies us for expulsion?” Menshev calls for his aide.

Last edited:
Marcus Flavian spoke up:
“My nation has broken no agreement. This was an exercise to prepare our troops. It is training, I would however like to take this moment to speak. We have faced over a century of humiliation, our lands were invaded by Syrixians, Andrennians, Predicians, and Arcanstoskans. We have with the latter three forgiven, and wish to eventually repair relations after the war in Yamantau. However, this alliance accepted a nation that has been openly hostile to the imperium into its ranks. Excuse us after all this time that we do not trust Rayvostoska or as it is officially known in the Imperium “the rebellious province of Palmyra”, we have had our people kidnapped, we have had threats to our way of life, and we have been forced to disrupt the freedom of our people to deal with their agents. We have no desire for war with Rayvostoska and our training exercises prove nothing more than training of marines. We saw the debacle in landing in Yamantau and wish to avoid it. I will not stand for however slander that my government has done something that is illegal or breaking this treaty. I am appalled however by the lack of enforcement on part of this body to Rayvostoskan actions. We have through our news agency told the world of the re-education camps, we have tried to let the world know. Mr.Antonious may have flavorful commentary but his statements on destroying Rayvostoska are no comment by the government!”
Mr.Flavian sat down and glared at mr. Menshev.

"Mr. Flavian the colonization and exploitation you speak of was long before our time and was under the Tsarist and Viceroyal government of Pre-revolution Rayvostoka. Your assertions about us being colonizers and exploiters is simply false. And for your outrageous claims about re-education camp of some sort are offensive. Sir, your nation violated the agreement and must pay the price for it.” Menshev’s aide approached briefcase in hand, after a moment Menshev opened it and took out several documents and placed the on the table.

“Ah yes Mr. Menshev, the war plan ‘coca’ a plan that has existed since the 80’s. A time at which we were under no agreement with your government. You want to bring up the times where we did not have a treaty, I would like to bring up your governments numerous human rights violations since that agreement. This is where your government has lied and tried to brush aside this body. Your re-education camps are documented by us, we have pictures, and we have satellite images of the camps being destroyed and people moved. You try and prey on ignorance and I am here to end your campaign!” Mr.Flavian slammed down the images and documents in question.

“I also never claimed you were colonizers, that just shows how little you pay attention!”

“Your so called evidence is in fact false, these are schools and public housing facilities. They assist in teaching life skills and other necessities. Your documents if they had any validation would be related to the work camps in Kylyo which have been not only dismantled but are currently being converted into towns. My Comrade, General Secretary Aslanov has assured me that no such facility exists and that any claims of this are false. Now I am more concerned about the fact that Imperial troops are conducting operations on Rayvostokan styled homes and buildings alongside island hopping operations. And you could hopefully understand that these actions convey a state of preparation for war or another hostile action.” Menshev leaned back in his chair.

Last edited:
"His Majesty's Government unequivocally supports the immediate removal of both Rayvostoka and the Imperium from this Pact." Sharma stated, rather simply, yet coldly. "Though Flavian may drone on with this piece of rhetoric and that it does not change the fundamental fact that the agreement has been broken here, by both parties. It's clear we cannot trust either to participate in a civilized organization such as this. They must go."

"I am still waiting for Rayvostoka to show in any capacity that they intend to honor their side of the agreement, and thaw the authoritarian communist regime into a government that values liberty. That part of the deal wasn't a request, it was a demand. a demand which has gone unfulfilled thus far. Mr. Flavian, where your government has gone wrong in its endeavors to train its troops is in the fact they're making their training scenarios look like a Rayvostokan environment. I wouldn't bat an eye if they made their training areas look like something from Yamantau, you're at war with Yamantau. but your military is clearly conditioning itself for environments in Rayvostoka. It may not be aggression but it is pre-meditating the aggression." Albane twirled his cane staring at it as he spoke.

"And my government does not take the ravings of your propagandized news stations as any sort of evidence towards Rayvostokan wrongdoings." Albane continued now looking up.
"Especially when your countries are so hostile and amped up. if your government wanted to give the world proof it should have done so itself, with properly marked and vetted documentation. Either way, as it stands now, it is my government's belief both governments stand in the line of expulsion, both having broken their agreements, one through the pre-meditation of aggression, and the other through pure inaction."

Frigo had a headache. A national broadcaster had said those words, was that not enough? It had broken the spirit of the agreement. Frigo sighed, before beginning: "Expelling one but leaving the other in will cause massive instability in Auroria. It was my hope that you, my fine colleagues would think of that. If one goes, the other must go too, it is simple. Predice will not have Rayvostoka without the Imperium. That is a position we will not budge on."

“The People’s republic would find it perfectly acceptable if both parties are able to stay so as to maintain not only a line of communication and a barrier for conflict.” Menshev took a sip of his soda.

"My government has had enough of the toleration of Rayvostoska. While I note the points of the representative from Prediece seeing his point, my government would accept both the removal of the Imperium and of Palmyra. We came to this honorable body to prevent them from gaining a shield to use to protect themselves from us, however there are citizens of my Imperium that have been abducted by the bastards across the sea. How else can we act? Would any of you tolerate your citizens being taken and brainwashed. The international community has looked away from Auroria for long enough, Prydania suffered under one of the worst regimes our world has ever seen millions justifiably came to their aid. Where is the same condemnation to a regime that is committing crimes on a similar magnitude? Instead you allow them to come into your arms, like a scared child when seeing what it thinks is a monster. The only correction that I will send to the Predicean representative is that the instability on Auroria is already present. It is coming from a rouge state that possess nuclear weapons to our south. They have over the years made threats to our sovereign and our people, they have abducted our people, they kill and brainwash their own. I will not however stand here and hear the claims that my government can not act civilized from a Syrixian, you and your government have committed more acts against other nations than most nations here combined. You fain some level of importance however you are little more than a shadow to Goyanes. To the Norman representative, Our news is not propagandized, I have the documents from the Umbramandus here showing the facilities that are in Rayvostoska. Mr.Antonoius is not a government employee, perhaps in nations that restrict free speech it would be propaganda but his colorful comments are not that of the Government. My nation has been under attack by these communist dogs for decades and we have shown the upmost civility in trying to end this. This is not the first time we have engaged in these training exercises and it will not be the last. If you wish to see what they are doing here are pictures and documents from their government that have been taken by our agents in 'Rayvostoska'!"

With this the Imperium's representative sat down, there was a reckoning that needed to happen.

Back