El Fiji Grande for WA Delegate

It is my understanding that the NPA is not currently in NationStates Antifa. We’ve performed operations with them in the past though, and I’m sure we will in the future.

Oops then. I was looking over the people masked as org leaders in NS Antifa and there was a "Nazi/Fash Hunter" (aka an org leader) from the NPA. Misunderstanding on my part then ^-^

@El Fiji Grande What do you think of Madjack's proposal for a new ministry regarding TNPRP? Do you think you'd be interested in doing something similar should you win the Delegacy?
If the Ministry of Culture hasn’t been successful with RP-focussed cultural projects, I’m not sure the Ministry of Roleplay will either. Furthermore, moderation is ultimately in charge of RP, and report directly to Administration, not a Ministry of Roleplay, should one exist. While the creation of this new Ministry could lighten Culture’s workload and streamline the way in which the RP community interacts with the official government of TNP, it’s not an effort I see being successful. That’s because we simply don’t have the staff to pull it off, and is why my emphasis on the Ministry of Home Affairs is so important.

To be completely honest, I didn't pay that much attention to you as Minister of Communications. Even then, I still witnessed firsthand all the changes and beneficial things you did during your term. You have been active, creative, and hardworking - three things which are very important for any member of Government to possess.

Your ideas are thoughtful, unique, and sensible. I like them and I trust in your ability to make them a reality. Good luck; you have my support!

As Delegate would you have a legislative agenda you’d like to advance through the Regional Assembly?

As Delegate would you have a legislative agenda you’d like to advance through the Regional Assembly?
I don’t have any strong legislative agenda that I see a signature piece of my campaign. If anything, I’d refer to BluieGamer’s earlier question about which TNP traditions I am interested in putting to an end. To that end, while I don’t currently have proposals written for legislation to address those points (CoA, Flemingovianism), it’s not something I’d rule out.

Hello,

1. I have been a member of the region for just over a month now, and only just moved my WA over here, and I have found that it is considerably less cliquey than other large regions I have been a member of. How will you ensure that new members continue to feel welcome in TNP?
2. Government works best when people are interested, and people are interested when things change in a noticeable way. Change gives people a reason to comment, to oppose or to support such change; however, what I see from your campaign appears to largely be confined to improving current projects and adding farely cosmetic new elements. What will you do to keep people active in government, with the policy platform you advocate?
3. I haven't been involved in TNP rp, however I know something obvious which you learn through being an rper on NS for nearly 10 years. RPers don't like it when regional governments interfere too much in the RP sphere; usually they're good to do their own thing. Do you believe that your interventions are all worthwhile, and would you be prepared to retract them should they face opposition from the RP community?

4. I don't see a great amount of foreign affairs. I saw further up this thread that you woule like to maintain our current alliances: however, I would be interested to know if you favour any new alliances or changes to relationships with certain regions.

I am thankful that you have decided to not force us to join Libcord. :D

More importantly, I believe we should value our UCR allies as equal partners
Which UCRs would you like to add to our list of allies, and which would you like to remove?

I believe our relationship with the NPO should remain as it currently stands
In your own words, what is our relationship with The Pacific?

Edit: One more question

That’s an interesting question. I think I would have to pick:

Culture: Escade
Defense: Zazumo
WA: r3n
HA: Siwale
Comms: Lewis Flood (of NSToday)
FA: McMasterdonia

Who would your Cabinet be, given these restrictions?
1. They cannot be a member of the SC.
2. They cannot have been, or currently hold, a Ministerial position.
3. They cannot have been, or currently are, the Delegate or Vice Delegate.
4. They must be (at the time of this post) a citizen of The North Pacific.

Last edited:
Hello,

1. I have been a member of the region for just over a month now, and only just moved my WA over here, and I have found that it is considerably less cliquey than other large regions I have been a member of. How will you ensure that new members continue to feel welcome in TNP?
One of the things I love most about TNP is how welcoming we are of newcomers. Not only are we kind and understanding, we’re willing to give them real opportunities in joining the Executive Staff, NPA, and roleplay, and we’re willing to mentor them on their path to success. I should know - I joined TNP last July, and ever since I’ve been on one heck of roller coaster ride. While I can’t really call myself ‘new’ anymore, I do know what it feels like. To that end, this is one tradition of TNP I will most definitely continue, and it is one of core campaign promises to make Home Affairs work with each Ministry to produce guides and other resources for newcomers that make the region even more supportive of novices.

2. Government works best when people are interested, and people are interested when things change in a noticeable way. Change gives people a reason to comment, to oppose or to support such change; however, what I see from your campaign appears to largely be confined to improving current projects and adding farely cosmetic new elements. What will you do to keep people active in government, with the policy platform you advocate?
I disagree somewhat with your sentiment - I think that doing cool things also attracts activity, and to that end, I have quite a number of cool things planned, from increased activity on NBS to the WA Resolution and Comms Events I’d be interested in creating through Culture. Bringing new people into regional affairs will also generate activity. That said, I am somewhat worried what the Summer Lull will do to activity.

3. I haven't been involved in TNP rp, however I know something obvious which you learn through being an rper on NS for nearly 10 years. RPers don't like it when regional governments interfere too much in the RP sphere; usually they're good to do their own thing. Do you believe that your interventions are all worthwhile, and would you be prepared to retract them should they face opposition from the RP community?
It was really never my intent to interfere with the RP scene here in TNP. The one item on my platform that even involves the RP community is The Roleplay Reel (RPR). I’d like to note, once and for all, that participation is voluntary, and that RPR was always meant to be a service to the RP community, rather than the RP community being a service to the government. If that is not the way it is viewed, and if the voices who have spoken up against it here on my campaign are representative of the RP community, then it really shouldn’t happen. If it is not only a burden to the Ministries of Communications and Culture, but also not wanted by the community, or something they’d be proud to take part in, then it fails to serve its purpose and should not exist. I’m not going to stubborn about keeping the program around in the face of that opposition, and would absolutely retract that position. To that end, if elected, I will conduct a survey to determine the effectiveness of the program. I will admit though that I am somewhat stunned by the hostility I’ve seen, when really, I’ve just been trying to help. I suppose I have been somewhat naïve in that regard.

4. I don't see a great amount of foreign affairs. I saw further up this thread that you woule like to maintain our current alliances: however, I would be interested to know if you favour any new alliances or changes to relationships with certain regions.
I’d be interested in pursuing a closer relationship with Forest, a region we currently share embassies with. Their strong suits are the WA resolutions and Issue editing, and both of those are areas I’d be interested in seeing TNP expand into (I’m very proud of the work Tlomz did when he authored the most successful resolution last term.) Forest could play a role in the WA Resolution Workshop.

New players to TNP and Nationstates face several barriers when they first start playing and this often translates to inactivity within the TNP community. When they first join, there is a steep curve in learning how the game functions, catching up on the WA laws, learning how regions operate, getting flooded by telegrams asking them to move, and very little assistance in learning the processes. How could you as a Delegate work on getting new players involved early on to keep them in the game?

Those are some pretty harsh restrictions. Nevertheless, if I had to pick, I’d say:

Comms: Peolt
Culture: Prydania
Defense: BluieGamer
WA: bowloftoast
HA: Marcus Antonius
FA: Owenstacey

I hope those candidates all meet the restrictions set above.
As for your other two questions, I’ll respond later this afternoon when I have more of a chance. I’d rather wait and give you a thoughtful answer than rush and respond with something I only put together in a few minutes.
New players to TNP and Nationstates face several barriers when they first start playing and this often translates to inactivity within the TNP community. When they first join, there is a steep curve in learning how the game functions, catching up on the WA laws, learning how regions operate, getting flooded by telegrams asking them to move, and very little assistance in learning the processes. How could you as a Delegate work on getting new players involved early on to keep them in the game?
Having served as a Mentor of TNP for the last few months, I have some experience with this first hand, and, while I can’t exactly call myself a newcomer to TNP anymore, I certainly know how it feels to be one. As I became more involved in the region, it became a personal mission of mine to help other newcomers by answering as many questions of theirs as possible, and I also created a video tutorial series of sorts that assumed no starting knowledge about the game. You can find that series here. As delegate, I would continue that mission by instructing the Ministries of Communications and Home Affairs to expand this series to cover more facets of regional life, including guides on how to get started in each Ministry. Additionally, I think it would be best if HA rewrote some of the scripted telegrams as well as the welcome telegram to be more personalized and include links to these programs. Additionally, one of the problems the Ministry of Communications has faced is having not enough opportunities for newcomers to the Ministry to become involved with. Easier tasks that require less knowledge of the game and its mechanics should be reserved for newcomers who can use these tasks to gain experience and standing in the region. Moreover, it’s important to continue cultivating a regional culture to be welcoming of new nations. That’s something I believe we already have, though I believe it can be improved, such that the fewest possible nations feel unwelcome or unhelped upon joining the region.

Last edited:
1. You mentioned themes for TNL going forward. What type of themes do you imagine for TNL?

2. TNP held an endorsement frenzy within the last year. Will activity be dampened by hosting one so soon again? How will this festival be different than the previous one? Are there opportunities for collaboration with other regions here?

3. Are there improvements to be made to Foreign Affairs internally?

4. Does the NPA conduct enough liberations for training purposes?

5. Can you name what regions we should be working with for military purposes?

6. How do you propose working with Forest on issues keeping in mind their perspective on issue writing?

7. Do you have any specific ideas utilizing cards?

Which UCRs would you like to add to our list of allies, and which would you like to remove?
At this moment in time, I don’t see any UCRs that I think TNP should ally with. Our focus should be to improve existing relations and strengthen our bond with Europeia. I see potential in a closer relationship with Forest, but I’d prefer to have more interregional activities with them before making an official move to ally with them.
In your own words, what is our relationship with The Pacific?
In a word, tense. The Pacific was recently rightfully condemned for their long history of aggression via coup attempts, infiltration, and Francoism. While their new government has made some strides to rebuild trust, I view the NPO with some suspicion given that old apologies have in the past been found to be hollow. In other words, I’ll believe it when I see it. Our current relationship with The Pacific is one marred by distrust, and that’s something that will take some time to earn back.
What would your response be if TNP were to run out of rum?
Such a tragic event would cause me to consider a regional emergency. Such an event would figuratively endanger what it means to be a TNPer, and would be the highest priority. Allies would be called on, and r3n would be summoned from the boneyard. Only once TNP rum has been restored to its former supply shall we return to normality. :P
:tnp:

Last edited:
Objection! I think that answer was valid when it was given.
Objection should be overruled. Lord Lore merely asked a follow-up question, and in no way tried to imply that his answer was invalid.

Last edited:
1. You mentioned themes for TNL going forward. What type of themes do you imagine for TNL?
There’s going to be two issues of TNL over the course of the next term. Each Issue should correspond to the general theme of the focus of the region during the first and then second half of the term. Accordingly, I think the next TNL theme should be about what gives us our regional identity and have some emphasis on work done in HA Ministries to welcome and guide newcomers. The second Issue would focus on Cultural exchanges, and topics relating to them. So if we do the WA Resolution Workshop in that time, I’d expect articles to be more WA themed again, but to focus more on the direction of the WA and room for additional legislation than on how to improve the WA as an institution. Alternatively, the second theme could focus on Issue editing, in which Issue Editors and Authors share their expertise. These ideas for themes are subject to change, however. They will need to be engaging for readers, and be broad enough to allow for some foreign perspective.
2. TNP held an endorsement frenzy within the last year. Will activity be dampened by hosting one so soon again? How will this festival be different than the previous one? Are there opportunities for collaboration with other regions here?
The endorsement frenzy is important because it increases the security and strength of our region. It also gets us to the #1 ranking in the WA Census, which is another cool way to be #1. If done early enough in the term, it could also assist with the delegacy transition. It is possible that activity will be somewhat dampened since the last one - which occurred in mid-December 2018, under Siwale’s administration. However, many of our WA nations are new, and I think there are now additional opportunities to award nations who participate in swapping endorsements. The way I see this event as being different from the previous one is that awards should include not just a badge for increasing individual endorsements, but each level could award a nation an NS Card that corresponds with how many more endorsements they’ve given. Instead of it just being random chance, there’d be certainty that they’d receive a card, which might be very motivating for card enthusiasts. That said, we’d need to make sure that this program would not deplete our card supply, so it would have to be calibrated accordingly.
3. Are there improvements to be made to Foreign Affairs internally?
The Ministry has made some significant strides forward this term in improving internal operations. I think FA should put an emphasis on quick distribution of updates, and higher staff should distribute updates if these steps have not been completed within a week (or so) by the given ambassador. I also think that FA could use more opportunities for newcomers, because people who join FA have to wait for an ambassadorship to open before they can serve. I can think of two options - that we could appoint more than one ambassador to a given region, or that newcomers could serve as assistants to each ambassador. That said, I’m not well enough versed to officially suggest one of these options, and I would be sure to discuss them with the Minister to prevent needless interference in Ministry operations.
4. Does the NPA conduct enough liberations for training purposes?
I’d like to see more operations from the NPA that focus on liberations, as this type of operation is one of the best ways we can defend an ally in need of our support, much like we liberated Stargate recently. While I have confidence in the skill and discipline of NPA members, practice makes perfect, and I don’t think it would do harm to conduct more of this type of operation.
5. Can you name what regions we should be working with for military purposes?
We should work with regions that conduct military operations that align with our regional interests. These regions may include, but are not limited to:

Europeian Republican Navy (ERN)
South Pacific Special Forces (SPSF)
The West Pacific Armed Forces (TWPAF)
Rejected Realms Army (RRA)
Jomsvikings (Balder)
East Pacific Sovereign Army (EPSA)
6. How do you propose working with Forest on issues keeping in mind their perspective on issue writing?
Issue Authoring is an avenue of NS that we as a region have yet to explore. It’s something that I think has a lot of potential, but that needs to be fostered and encouraged in order to be successful. So while I don’t think an Issue-based event is something we’re ready for as a region, I think Forest can help us foster the right environment for it to get started here. Since Forest has expressed reservations about collective Issue authoring - which should be handled through Got Issues on the forum - their expertise and advice could still be very helpful for us. Instead of a full event, I would suggest showcasing articles by Issue authors in Forest in the second, culturally-focussed Issue of TNL.
7. Do you have any specific ideas utilizing cards?
First off, I am supportive of all ongoing card programs, and believe they should be continued. Specifically, however, as I mentioned above, I think we can use NS Cards to increase the effectiveness of the Endorsement Frenzy event by pairing rarity of cards with different levels of individual endorsement. For instance, we could make it that if you exchange 25 endorsements, you get an uncommon, 50 you get a rare, 75 an ultrarare, 100 an epic, and 125 a legendary. Those levels are just an example of what I mean; ultimately, these levels would need to be calibrated such that TNL does not deplete card reserves. I would be open to other ways of using cards, especially as awards for festivals and other events.

Last edited:
Under these restrictions:
And following the announcement of Prydania as the new Minister of Culture,
Now that pry has become a minister who would yoi choose instead of him?
I would probably have to pick:
Culture: Knightblood (John)

Would you support bringing back the NPIA?
Absolutely not.

Our democratic government operates on the basis of transparency and oversight - in other words, trust. Every intelligence agency I have encountered on NS has failed on both these counts - they tend to rely on self-reporting, and the very point of their existence is to be as opaque as possible. They also tend to be insular, meaning members are accepted on the basis of conformity, and often won’t report their friends if illegal actions take place. Don’t even get me started on FOIA.

What sort of policy would the revived NPIA have? Who would it seek to infiltrate? What kind of espionage would we be interested in? I honestly have no answers for these questions; I do not think we have any use for the NPIA in this day and age. Moreover, the infiltrations and espionage that have been alluded to by former NPIA members is precisely the kind of thing that has made the interregional community so distrustful of the NPO.

It is not on my agenda to revive an agency that I believe is incompatible with our Bill of Rights (Section 9), that would harm our interregional relationships and reputation, and would force our citizens to question the trust they have in our democracy.

Last edited:
Back