-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
So its not exactly been a secret that the map is going through some growing pains (mainly cuz I am absolutely awful with keeping secrets). But Cartography has finally finalized the new design and with approval from the Conclave bring the full map of the Planet of Eras.

How this will work going forward is that the new areas added in this expansion will be locked up until the current area reaches 75% claimed and a new area will open up each time this threshold is reached.

Eras Blank Map

Eras Map with Zones

Political Claim Map

Continent Map*

Sub-Continent Map*

Cartography is looking for names for the these Continents (Sub-Continents will be decided by nations on the landmasses themselves) and will decide on a selection of these and run an official poll through the Discord Server to make the final decision.

* Note: This is not an enforced Continent Definition and will just be used as an OOC baseline but you are fine using this in IC if you wish. Continents do not have hard definitions and are defined just as much by a nation's political views as much as their culture, history, and geography.

Just suggestions and in no particular order or specificity, Panethos, Nixia, Askaria,Trakis, Kraal, Ulundis, Ostmenir, Azul, Mordeleath.

I have no idea if that helps, but hopefully it gets the ball rolling.

Here are a few options for those continent names Lore, no particular order. I might come up with some others later, but this should at least help get the ball rolling.

Astrada, Ardris, Anemborea, Aelod
Dalraq
Irat, Ikta
Kimmit
Lish
Numori
Quiboda
Shecri, Shansel
Xu
Zeala

Since there appears to be 9 new continents on the expansion, I’m using the sub-continent map as they are similar size to out current continents.

Achterschlach
Duhres
Reifende
Saborovskel
Geisteer
Plaudaas
Flüderia
Uiraser
Osterland (Orange continent in the Far East)

Last edited:
Why would all the continents have Germanic names?

Anyway some suggestions.

Eazos
Alith
Seucras
Phiocias
Meqoris
Cotith
Tiasora
Uyun
Yedrin
Ocaicis

I would want to propose Osterland for the Far East continent as it’s the only one I specified. I can think of other possible names or add to the list. But would we just take all the suggestions and consider some from everyone like we did for the planets?

Maybe think of names that aren't smolderingly German? Or at the very least answer Pry's question?

Here are the suggested names, so far, that I personally like the most:

Ardris
Zeala
Volscia
Astragon
Corvia
Alith
Tiasora
Ocaicis*

*I like the -cis ending, but not the rest. We could find a better-sounding main body.

My suggestions could be used as options for only one or two continents if that’s a better option.

As for coming up for more diverse names

Rugtemesto
Lfremjkiroser
Dersña
Xëndlopavl
Szruce
Arğondi

I’m not against the use of diacritics but no one else so far has suggested any names with them. That should be left open until we get more

Last edited:
subdg1j.png

Seeing as no one has yet to propose names to actual continent groups outside of Nin's suggestion of Osterland for the orange continent, I've gone a different route of selecting six names, two of which are my own recommendation (Khyara and Farea) and four of which are drawn from the lists of names proposed by Ceretis (Astrada and Zeala), North Timistania (Corvia), and Prydania (Tiasora). I've stuck with a naming scheme of having the six names end in -a for consistency among the continent names.
  • Blue (Gothis, Craviter, Iteria): Khyara
  • Red (Meterra, Kian, Icenia): Astrada
  • Green: Corvia
  • Dark Purple: Farea
  • Orange: Zeala
  • Light Purple: Tiasora

Shouldn’t we keep the already exiting names. The distinction of continent and sub-continent is subjective. I’m also wondering if the expansion of Eras is going to make it the same size as Earth that would mean we’d know where the equator would be.

Shouldn’t we keep the already exiting names. The distinction of continent and sub-continent is subjective. I’m also wondering if the expansion of Eras is going to make it the same size as Earth that would mean we’d know where the equator would be.

1.) Yes it is subjective but it makes more sense to revisit the concept because the original was created when that was all we had and if we used it for the whole map then there would be ~15 continents on the planet. This is something you dont have to use but its a new way to organize it and gives people the option to simplify it if they want.

2.) Its not the same size as Earth but yes.

Back