Some random groundhog idk
-
TNP Nation
Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965
moha_seal.png

Hi everyone!

The Ministry of Home Affairs would like to know a few things about your time here in TNP, to know how we can better serve you and the newer members of our region.

A list of questions is in the below code block, which you can copy and answer in a reply below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can click here to answer the questions.

Code:
How did you join TNP?
Why did you stay in TNP?
Are you a WA member in TNP?
If yes, why are you a WA member? If no, why haven't you joined the WA?
Do you RP in TNP?
What RP communities are you a part of?

Thanks!
BMWSurfer
Minister of Home Affairs

How did you join TNP? Founded here
Why did you stay in TNP?
It was the biggest and most powerful region in NS, so I decided to give it a try. My number 2 option was TRE- and I'm glad I made that choice, looking back on what happened with them :P
Most of the time
NPA
Do you RP in TNP? No, but I occasionally shitpost on the RMB Aerilia and Zaz style
What RP communities are you a part of? N/A, but I'm friends with some Eras folks like Syr, Andy and Goy and play a mapgame in Syr's Discord with the aforementioned and a few others

How did you join TNP? - Founded here. @Romanoffia was posting a lot on the RMB encouraging TNPers to get more involved in the government as it was having a crisis of a lack of members. I briefly exchanged telegrams with him before deciding to join the forum. I was rejected for citizenship and it was not explained to me why this had occurred. Eluvatar contacted me and fixed the problem.

Why did you stay in TNP? - I stayed because it was an open region with a lot of opportunities for new members. The Delegate (Grosseschnauzer at the time) was very friendly to new people as was the cabinet and other senior members. There was an appetite for change and growth at the time. Blue Wolf II took a chance on me and I never looked back.

Are you a WA member in TNP? Yes
If yes, why are you a WA member? If no, why haven't you joined the WA? I'm a WA member because I am. I don't really know why. Endorsements.

Do you RP in TNP? Yes.
What RP communities are you a part of? Eras.

How did you join TNP? Spawned here
Why did you stay in TNP? Coz why not, and it has a nicely established community
Are you a WA member in TNP? No
If yes, why are you a WA member? If no, why haven't you joined the WA? NPA
Do you RP in TNP? No
What RP communities are you a part of? None

How did you join TNP?
I joined TNP on July 17, 2018 after having been in the International Northwestern Union for about three and a half years. I have a ton of history with those players, which is why I had stayed so long. For much of my time there, I had served as Delegate, and had constantly been pushing to make us into a prominent UCR much like Europeia is. For a variety of reasons that dream never worked out. At some point, many of my friends and allies left, and I was left with a tattered reputation and little respect. I felt that my efforts would be valued more elsewhere, so left. In the weeks before leaving, however, I researched where my new home might be. I had to decide what I wanted to get out of my next months and years on NS, whether that be a focus on games and RP or on politics and diplomacy. This very much influenced my choice of region, and had I chosen the former, would likely have landed in Wintreath. In the case of the latter, I looked at all the GCRs, 10KI, Spiritus, Equilism, TIO, and Taijitu. I had not known of Europeia at that time, else I would have seriously considered them as well.

I ultimately decided to join TNP. This was due to a whole litany of reasons. First off, the Regional Handbook is very well put together. It looks professional, and does a great job of guiding new players through the region. The independent military stance added to the independence from GP issues was a huge plus. The RMB was exceedingly active. And the forums were clearly in use with complicated public policy initiatives and government. I was also attracted by the meritocratic Executive Staff and upper level Democracy components of the region. This would give me a chance to show off my skills but ultimately leave it up to the people to decide leadership. I had also heard that TNP has very little internal drama, and that newcomers are often given a fair chance in elections. The term lengths and limits also had an effect.

Why did you stay in TNP?
Once I joined TNP, I decided to give the region a one-week trial. I really dug in, trying to make TNP my new home as swiftly as possible. For this first week, I wrote letters to some of my friends in the INWU, which can be found here. I was swiftly overwhelmed by the forums, RMB, and Discord. When I found that there were a handful of Discord servers, I got even more overwhelmed. It's really too much to handle all at once, and I very quickly realized I had to focus my energy where I felt it would matter most. I was in it for the political game, so I dropped out of Strangereal and the Worlds United RP. I felt I had a handle of TNP, in that I had a good starting point that I could build on in the coming weeks, months, and perhaps years. I really still had no idea how the region operated, but I felt that the people who I'd met had shown me nothing but kindness, and from what I could tell, TNP would prove itself to be everything I had imagined it and more.

Yes.

One of the initial reasons I remained a WA member when I joined TNP is because I didn't want to be a part of the NPA, and because I was interested in saving up the influence to one day be eligible for an application to the Security Council. My motivations have since changed somewhat. I am interested in the NPA, but MoCo consumes so much of my time that I don't have enough time for it with everything else in my life. I also now have so much influence that it would feel like a tremendous waste to drop it all now.

Do you RP in TNP?
I did for my first week, but soon realized it was too much to handle along with everything else. Don't get me wrong - while I've always been more interested in government, I love fantasy character RPs. If I were to join a nation RP again, I would join Eras. I prefer a more structured approach.

None currently. When I joined, it was Strangereal and Worlds United. As I mentioned above, I prefer fantasy and scifi character RPs, so I'd likely make my own RP. Otherwise, I'd join Eras.

1) How did you join TNP?
My nation was founded here, and even when i CTE i've always come back.
2) Why did you stay in TNP?
Because i haven't any other place to go and, after some time, i make a lot of friends here.
3) Are you a WA member in TNP?
Yep.
4) If yes, why are you a WA member?
Because i like endorsing.
5) Do you RP in TNP?
Sometimes (when i remember to or when I'm the right mood).
6) What RP communities are you a part of?
Only Strangereal, previously i was on Eras.

How did you join TNP?
I joined TNP on 13 May 2017 - My son encouraged me to join NS, selling it to me by saying "you create a nation and make choices to progress it. It will only take a few minutes each day" Haha. I can't remember where I "spawned" - East Pacific I think. So my son says "come and join me and my friends in The North Pacific". So I did. He and his mates are all in the "boneyard" now.

Why did you stay in TNP?
When I first joined I just looked after my nation, answering issues etc. Then after joining the Forum and Discord I found there was a lot more to TNP. I started putting articles in the University, which attracted some positive attention, and had some fun on the spam threads. I found there was a lot of fun to be had and interaction with friendly people. I got some sound advice from Pallaith who was VD at the time and I became involved with the Ministries. I first joined HA and then WAA. I was "headhunted" by Fiji for Comms when he saw how hard I worked in HA. I like the region and the people here so here is where I shall stay.

Yes

I have similar reasons for joining as Fiji did. One of the initial reasons I remained a WA member when I joined TNP is because I didn't want to be a part of the NPA, no disrespect to our noble and honourable servicemen, it's just as a 57 year old RL ex-serviceman, it just did not appeal. I was also interested in saving up my influence to one day be eligible for an application to the Security Council and serve and protect the region. My time is consumed by being DM of HA and Comms, GA on the RMB and now I am the newly appointed Chancellor of the TNP University and still having fun.

Do you RP in TNP?
No. I am an original D&D, SFB and SC player from the 1970's.

None.

Last edited:
How did you join TNP?
I was founded here. It's also because I was recruited by Pallaith during his first term via a telegram if I recall correctly.

Why did you stay in TNP?
I stayed because I loved the concept of the region's and the idea of rising the ranks quickly.

I accidentally forgot to reapply for the WA. I'm not at the moment but I have been.

Forgot to reapply.

Do you RP in TNP?
Yes. I RP on the RMB and Forums (sort of).

By NS terms, TNP and Force.

How did you join TNP?

I had a nation in NS that existed before The North Pacific existed. When TNP came into existence, I became interested in the region. I created a second nation which just happened to be 'born' in TNP and kept it, then changed to the nation I now have.

Why did you stay in TNP?

It was an interesting place. Full of drama. Full of conflict. Full of good and evil character. Full of rogue delegates and usurpers who needed to be removed. It was a clear cut struggle of good vs. evil. It was a place where people worked together as a team instead of attacked each other in pretty power struggles of false perceived power struggles. TNP was a place where struggles between order and chaos, rogue and legitimate delegates were the main players and the battle was constant. It was fun. It was the epitome of a living Hegelian Dialectic in action.

Yes

Being a WA member is a mechanical tool of the game. Without it, you are generally meaningless if you seek to be or support a regional delegate.

Do you RP in TNP?

Rarely. RP is more vicious than real life.

None, per se.

How did you join TNP?
Founded here.
Why did you stay in TNP?
Until late 2018 I didn't pay much attention to the region I was in, I cared more about growing and perfecting my region. Why I stay now, mostly the NPA, however I do enjoy the atmosphere here. The citizens of the region are overall excepting of most ideas and opinions, and the region as a whole is very well organized.
Typically no.
NPA.
Do you RP in TNP?
No.
None, don't really plan joining any either.

How did you join TNP?
Founded 2016ish?
Pretty sure I started here (or TWP)and later when I revived my nation, I went to TNP. I'm pretty sure I came back because it was the largest region. :P
Why did you stay in TNP?
I started to talk in the RMB and met quite a few people that I enjoyed talking to. Some encouraged me to join the forums so I did.
Yup. On and off for a couple years.
Mostly just for the endorsements. I enjoy trying to keep my numbers up. I tried joining the NPA but it didn't work out since I wasn't active on the updates. Since I don't need my WA anywhere else, it just says in TNP.
Do you RP in TNP?
Not really
I believe I used to be part of SR.

How did you join TNP?
Founded here.

Why did you stay in TNP?
I like TNP and all its members (countries?). I'm comfortable and I do not feel the need to move out.

Yes, I am.

I think it's more fun to be a member than not. It's interesting to know the legislative initiatives of/for WA and why they are admissible or what effects they may have for the Regions.

Do you RP in TNP?
No.

None.

How did you join TNP?
Founded here and never left!

Why did you stay in TNP?
The discord. I started getting to know people there and didn't see the point in moving my nation

Yep!

I like being able to have a say in these things. I also really like seeing my endorsement count rise lmao

Do you RP in TNP?

Not at the moment

N/A

How did you join TNP?
I have always stayed in player created regions but they have always been too unstable for my liking. Feeders and sinkers are more stable Just because they can never CTE. Which feeder fits my personality? Finds important the same things? TNP.

Why did you stay in TNP?
Coming here gave me more peace of mind.

Yep, since september 2018

Because I would like to contributie to the stability of this region and, after all those years, I understand the importance of influence.

Do you RP in TNP?
No, no time for it

-

How did you join TNP?
I was founded here

Why did you stay in TNP?
I love how friendly they are

Yes

I like to keep the region stable <3

Do you RP in TNP?
sometimes

SR

How did you join TNP?
I founded my country in The South Pacific, but left because of regional infighting.

Why did you stay in TNP?
Because of its large size and number of active players.

Yes.

Being a WA member helps to ensure that I won't get kicked out the region, as happened in TSP, and it gives me something else to do for entertainment.

Do you RP in TNP?
No.

None

How did you join TNP?
Founded here.
Why did you stay in TNP?
As much as I'd like do be independent, there is strength in numbers.
Yes
I need that sweet, sweet influence.
Do you RP in TNP?
Nope.
N/A

How did you join TNP? I relocated here from Osiris.
Why did you stay in TNP? Because I liked the region as a whole.
Are you a WA member in TNP? Yes.
If yes, why are you a WA member? I just liked the idea of joining the WA.
Do you RP in TNP? No.
What RP communities are you a part of? None.

How did you join TNP?

I was founded here, methinks, in 2007.

Why did you stay in TNP?

I love principles that TNP was founded on.

Yes.

If yes, why are you a WA member? If yes, why are you a WA member? If no, why haven't you joined the WA?

I chose to be that.

Are you RP in TNP?

A member of the forum RP, but have yet to become active in the RP.

I plead lack of time. ©

grin

What RP communities are you part of?

Forum RP.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did you join TNP? I moved here from some self created region I was playing round with ( I think)
Why did you stay in TNP? Because this place focuses on democracy and I am not a fan of the other types of regions in game. Bad experiences.
Are you a WA member in TNP? Yes!
If yes, why are you a WA member? If no, why haven't you joined the WA? I am because this region is a powerhouse in the WA WALL, and together important legislation can be slammed through, or stopped dead in its tracks.
Do you RP in TNP? No, never. I am not good at RP. And I think its unfun.
What RP communities are you a part of? None.

Back