Resignation from the Security Council

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
Dear Mr. Vice Delegate,

I apparently have outlived my usefulness in The North Pacific. If the people have decided they want me out for whatever reason, who am I to question them.

I has been a pleasure serving The North Pacific in this capacity for so many years.

I hereby tender my resignation from The Security Council.

It's sad to see you again, Roman. But while yes I am voting Nay on your recall, I still think you overreacted about this whole thing. Nevertheless I thank you for all of your service to the region.

Your resignation is acknowledged and accepted. Thank you for your many years of service to the region.

Though I supported your potential recall, I am sorry to see you leave without a fight.

It could've been epic.

Isimud

P.S. Eris rules!

Too late. I was tired of the unwarranted harassment from a certain sector of people who hate me for some unknown reason and always feel they must beat up on Poor Ol' Roman every time the opportunity arises.

All anyone had to do is to ask me to endotart or resign. Instead, the usual suspects went at it like bullies, did not give me any real chance to speak and then rushed it to a vote while most people were in bad sleeping.

@Ismud - Why bother fighting? The usual batch of bullies always win no matter what legitimate fight one puts up. If you stand up to bullies, you will get piled on. This is the usual practice in TNP for a number of years and there is no point in putting up a fight because you will be vilified, your character and reputation attacked and the real issue totally ignored because the bullies cannot win if the real issue is really discussed.

The sad part is that the bulles don't have to bully me to do anything that actually benefits the region and not their own personal gain. All they have to do is ask, assign me a task, and I will accomplish it. The only time I will refuse is when it is something detrimental to the region, or taking the fall for their faux pas, or doing something that is ethically wrong on any level. But no one ever thinks to simply ask me. They immediately go to bully ad abuse mode.

As I have said before - forcing me to resign from the SC or recalling me from the SC was an act of monumental proportions. Go to the "Endorse The North Pacific" page and look up my influence, endorsement and other levels. Forcing me out of the SC did damage to the security of the region regardless of what the bullies will not proceed to claim. If the bullies wanted me out of the SC, all they had to do was to ask instead of turning this into a circus with the intent of bullying their next victim. And there will be more victims, rest assured. All you have to do is not bend to their will.

Now carefully watch the responses to this post and you will soon identify the bullies because they probably can't stand the criticism or a threat to their power. This game is about power, but I don't play the power game and that confuses them. And they hate me for it. When I speak the truth, they denigrate me, attack my character and my history. But that is what I want them to do because it exposes them for what they are. Funny how the victim is always portrayed as the aggressor. Think about it.

As it stands now, I will not apply to the SC again despite making all the requirements in excess. I may not even apply if asked (which I will be). But be assured, out of my unfailing loyalty to TNP, I will act as a member of the SC if that should ever be required of me.

Just watch the responses to this. If they are smart, the bullies (whose names will not be mentioned - see what I did there? Ironic reference. :P ) will not say a thing. If the bullies are stupid, they will attack with all guns a-blazing.

What's funny is that you took issues about your activity and fulfiling the role asked of you as some kind of personal crusade about you. Here's the skinny: you're not relevant enough for anyone to have cared about getting you out or not. Your influence and endorsements are replaceable. Your level of activity was flat for two years. You didn't tart - which is literally the easiest thing with the tools we have now - and didn't contribute.

Frankly, you've been coasting off past contributions as if it entitles you to some kind of higher level of respect and treatment than the rest of us which considering your actions over the past three days, is beyond a joke.

You went about coming back entirely the wrong way - and turned multiple people against you, because as it turns out, acting like an ass - your words, not mine - isn't the best way to sway people who recognised that your activity was an issue but still thought you were an asset to the region.

So yeah, thank you for your service to the region. It's just a shame that service stopped in 2016.

What's funny is that you took issues about your activity and fulfiling the role asked of you as some kind of personal crusade about you. Here's the skinny: you're not relevant enough for anyone to have cared about getting you out or not. Your influence and endorsements are replaceable. Your level of activity was flat for two years. You didn't tart - which is literally the easiest thing with the tools we have now - and didn't contribute.

Frankly, you've been coasting off past contributions as if it entitles you to some kind of higher level of respect and treatment than the rest of us which considering your actions over the past three days, is beyond a joke.

You went about coming back entirely the wrong way - and turned multiple people against you, because as it turns out, acting like an ass - your words, not mine - isn't the best way to sway people who recognised that your activity was an issue but still thought you were an asset to the region.

So yeah, thank you for your service to the region. It's just a shame that service stopped in 2016.
Well said.

I have to admit, you are spot on correct.

While I disagree my endorsements and influence are replaceable (take a look at where I am), I have to agree with you on the other points. Yeah, I can be an ass when it gets personal. Who doesn't?

As for my relevance, you would be surprised at my relevance. Especially to those who refuse my cooperation and automatically assume that I will be an adversary because I might disagree with them. The second I saw this thread I started endotarting, but I was piled on before I could even mount an argument in my defence. I posted an attempt in within two minutes it was forced to a vote and any objection under the laws were dismissed and ignored. And that is a only a product of the 'status quo' attitude.

The last thing some people want to see is an active Romanoffia because I tend to get my knickers in a twist at anything I think is an injustice or an act of monumental stupidity. I get automatically dismissed because I don't acquiesce to the 'status quo' as a course of action. I actually consider the morality of situation and try to act, poorly at some times, accordingly.

I have assets and abilities to contribute to TNP which have been totally ignored because some people who play the 'power game' view logic and reason as a threat. It's not about power, it's about creating and maintaining an environment in which this region can survive regardless of those who are all in it for the power.

The only level of respect and treatment I demand is to be treated like a human being instead of the whipping boy for other people's advantage. How would you feel if you dedicated years to this region and got treated like shite by certain people over and over again because you are an easy target that just sits back and take the shite? Newer players here think that the way to power is to trample anyone and everything and then turn the victim into the aggressor via a propaganda campaign.

It's a cultural issue. Anyone who wants to obtain power can simply savage anyone in their way and get away with it. They fail to see that some of us are only out for the betterment of the region and not personal power or glory. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi, as it has been said. You stomp me down for inane reason and you stomp on everyone who feels left out of the system. People are afraid to stand up to pure power and it is beginning to show. You might not see it because you refuse to see it, but it is there. You exclude the very people who have contributed the most and then attack them personally. Eventually, the house of cards falls when people realise they can simply not act at all and the system declines into apathy.

I don't know who you really are or where you are really coming from or what the source of your ire against me is, but I would like to know. And, perhaps, we may find we have more in common than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back