bowloftoast

Not Just For Breakfast
Discord
bowloftoast

sc.jpg

Repeal: "Commend Imperium Anglorum"
Category: Repeal | Target: SC #223
Proposed by: Jocospor | Onsite Topic
Security Council Resolution #223 “Commend Imperium Anglorum” shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Acknowledging that Imperium Anglorum (herein “I.A.”), as outlined by SCR#223, has headed Europe’s World Assembly (herein “WA”) Delegacy and authored near thirty WA resolutions;

Calling into question, in fact, the very sincerity of I.A.’s WA operations, which, though lauded by SCR#223, have of late caused mass controversy and disharmony among member nations of this WA;

Disappointed that I.A. outwardly uses its reputation and power amongst the international community to further its own interests;

Noting that, for example, I.A., along with a collective of other WA Delegates, consciously instigates and perpetuates the lemming effect during WA votes; that is, dishonourably dumping a large number of votes at the onset of the ballot, creating a majority for member nations to align with;

Frustrated that some of I.A.’s more recent General Assembly resolutions, such as and GAR#443 and GAR#452, are, put simply, seemingly incomprehensible to the vast majority of member nations;

Equally annoyed that I.A. would disrespect this WA by proposing vague, quasi-sarcastic resolutions such as "Debtor Voting Rights" (which is, at the time of this condemnation's writing, at vote);

Convinced I.A. adopts an air of superiority when dealing with nations it does not consider to be worth its time;

Furthermore, alarmed that SCR#223 would falsify the import of the legislation I.A. repealed to mislead this WA:

1. GAR#329 did not “[permit] national sub-groups to disregard and neglect nationwide laws”;

2. GAR#350 did not “[stop] the World Assembly from passing any laws;” and

3. GAR#396 did not “[slow] down the Internet;”
Appalled that I.A. would seek to undermine both the democratic process and fellow authors in such a deceptive fashion;

Hereby repeals: SCR#223 “Commend Imperium Anglorum.”
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Yeah, strongly Against. Just because the WA is irritated with his latest Debtor Voting Rights proposal does not justify repealing a well-deserved commendation.

Against.

I know it's been said, but just because he's done something to annoy the WA with a short proposal doesn't mean that he deserves a repeal. Btw, did he do anything else that they're annoyed with?

Against

That disappointmentpassage is particularly interesting for me, as it appears to describe diplomacy in general. You would be hard-pressed to find a region who wouldn’t want their delegate to leverage their reputation and relationships to pursue the interests of the region.

Against
I don't think IA is blameless in all this, and there are a few occasions where I feel a line has been crossed between using a bit of humour and flat-out instigating problems within the Assembly, and acting in bad faith. There is definitely an ongoing middle finger being raised to some of the smaller, less powerful regions, and I think it's contributing to resentment and division. I would much rather the discussion around it be frank, rather than attempting to deny or defend a disdain for the institution that is patently obvious.
With that said, I don't think it's enough of a problem to justify this repeal.

Last edited:
Against - It appears to me that the author is upset about IA's recent GA proposal and is seeking to 'get back' at IA for it.

Yeah, strongly Against. Just because the WA is irritated with his latest Debtor Voting Rights proposal does not justify repealing a well-deserved commendation.

Against.

I know it's been said, but just because he's done something to annoy the WA with a short proposal doesn't mean that he deserves a repeal. Btw, did he do anything else that they're annoyed with?

Against. This feels like a petty reaction to the current GA proposal.

Against - It appears to me that the author is upset about IA's recent GA proposal and is seeking to 'get back' at IA for it.
This has been in draft form on the NS forums for a lot longer than IA's latest proposal has been around.

Against... I'm not at all active in the WA but I know a hater when I smell one... smells like my keyboard.

Against. How on earth did this even get to quorum?
Jocospor got a hold of his mom's credit card again and bought enough stamps for a mass mailing campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back