Delegate and Vice Delegate Article Amendment

Discussion in 'Regional Assembly' started by Dinoium, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Dinoium

Dinoium #WeBelieveWussie - - -

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    I propose the following of Article 3: Delegate and Vice Delegate of the Constitution of The North Pacific:

Proposal FAQ

Why is this needed?
    I think it's needed because it's mostly outdated and could use some grammatical amending.

Why do I see a red line above a period near 11?
    That is there because for some reason, there are two periods there. I decided to remove that in the Draft.

What does the blue bold and red crossed out words mean?
    The blue bolding are the parts being added to the Constitution. I used
    Code:
    [IN][/IN]
    for this. The red crossed out words are the parts being removed from the Constitution. I used
    Code:
    [OUT][/OUT]
    for this. Everything else that doesn't have either of these will be staying in the Constitution.

Why as entities instead of powers?
    While yes most if not all the time we sign Diplomatic Documents with are major regions that are powerful or very influential, it's still possible we sign Diplomatic Documents with minor regions.

Why not change "Regional Assembly" to "Citizens" in Article 13?
    While yes all Citizens can vote and run for Delegate and Vice Delegate, all Citizens are members of the Regional Assembly. I'm still a bit mixed on what term we should use for voting/running for Delegate and Vice Delegate. I would love to hear suggestions on this term.

Previous Drafts

With all of that in mind, feel free to leave questions and suggestions for this proposal. I want to try to get this through and work with you all.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Sil Dorsett

Sil Dorsett I'm a lot of things. - - - - - -

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    I think my big problem is this is unnecessary bureaucracy, but a lesser but still important issue is the possibility of just running out of potential candidates. What happens if the Delegate just runs out of people that want the job? Then what? A never-ending cycle of temporary appointees that don't really want the job?

Also, how do you handle deputies of the temporary appointee? If confirmation fails, do they lose their jobs instantly? Are temporary appointees even allowed to appoint deputies to assist them? How do we handle forum and discord masking for temporary appointees and those appointed by them?

3. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    I never really thought of that. :P
    But I see your point. While I did not apply this to the draft, I do think the acting Ministers could appoint acting Deputies but if they're removed, the Deputies could lose their jobs unless reappointed. Also masking in my opinion would be untouched unless approved by a confirmation vote. I however never really thought about if they can't run any candidates for the job. I'm fine with removing the Confirmation sections if you want.

4. Brendog

Brendog A rocket has landed. A dog is inside. Deputy Speaker - - - - -

A possibility instead of confirmation by the RA would be the possibility of removing an executive officer similar to the delegate or vice delegate

5. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    That's already possible.
    Executive officers are Government according to the Constitution once again.
    Bolded the part for you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  6. bootsie

bootsie TNPer - - - - -

What the heck is this supposed to say? Is acting supposed to be appoint? If so...why?

7. Andrew

Andrew TNPer -

There's a saying: if it isn't broken? Why fix it? It has been working very well and in my experience, nominees are most always confirmed anyway in such setups (I cannot recall a situation where a nominee was rejected). I concur with Sil. Unnecessary bureaucracy. Also, what is a "diplomatic document"?

8. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    Sorry for any confusion. Acting is appointed but are temporary. I made it 2 weeks and all of that stuff but probably that wasn't a good idea. I assumed the confirmation part would be a good idea however after hearing your [the Regional Assembly] opinions. I'm going to be removing the confirmation part for the following reasons listed on Discord on here.
    I could see where you're coming from, reason why i'm removing the nominee/confirmation part.
    A Diplomatic Document is a Treaty. I decided to rename it because while Treaties mean:
    I think Diplomatic Documents would work aswell. Our Treaties archive is called Diplomatic Documents Archive so i'm assuming this works aswell. Also, while accords are:
    I feel that treaties are still Documents of an Agreement in a Diplomatic way.

9. Andrew

Andrew TNPer -

Just wondering if the wording makes it subject to more broad interpretation. Say for example an announcement from the Delegacy commenting on another regions conduct/internal affairs as happened recently. Would that be considered a "diplomatic document" therefore subject to RA approval?

Praetor likes this.
  10. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    Do you mean if the Delegate were to propose a "Diplomatic Document" with another region or an existing one and present it to the Regional Assembly for approval?

If that's the case, I think they can refer it to whatever, accord, Diplomatic Document, treaties, etc. I just think that part of the Constitution should have it as Diplomatic Document as it's sort of like a law or at least concurs with it and seems like a Document.

11. Andrew

Andrew TNPer -

I'm not talking about an agreement. I'm talking about something as simple as a statement, such as the ones issued regarding the NPO by some regions. If the Delegate issued a statement in the future under the wording of this proposed law it may be subject to RA approval as such a statement can be argued to be a diplomatic document.

12. Dinoium

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    I have been meaning to do this for a few months but kept forgetting since it wasn't a top priority. I would like to formally request a withdrawal of the following resolution.