-
TNP Nation
Oracle
Discord
Hyperion#1325
grV57vD.png

Artemis for Speaker of the Regional Assembly
~Is it so far from Madness to Wisdom?~

Here we are once again deciding the fate of the North Pacific in choosing who shall lead? Here we are deciding on candidates who are examples of the wheel from years past or the candidates who intend to break the wheel.

Now that I have gotten my Game of Thrones out of my system, hello. For those who don’t already know, I am Artemis also known as Oracle to some. I currently serve as a member of the Security Council, Election Commission, Deputy Speaker, former Minister of Culture, and member of various Ministries. I am seeking the Office of the Speaker of the Regional Assembly and hope to have your support in the coming election.

While often I state I do not intend to run for office, a number of individuals have approached me asking me to run. Some thought Vice-Delegate would be a competitive place for me to seek higher office, but ultimately I felt that running for speaker would be where I could help lead TNP.

Ultimately I do not have any grand plans for the Speaker’s Office. I never believe in grand campaign promises and am wary of individuals who offer such promises. Realistic and attainable goals are what I intend to offer to the electorate and to the Regional Assembly.

An Active and Engaged Speaker’s Office

While my experience as a Deputy Speaker has offered me quite a bit of experience, I fully intend to surround myself with active Deputy Speakers. I hope to blend the makeup of the Deputy Speakers with experienced members and newer individuals to help train future speakers.

As part of an active and engaged Speaker’s Office, I intend to bring the RA Digest back into the works. This is where the Deputy Speaker’s and members of the Speaker’s Staff will work to engage the public about the workings of the Regional Assembly and ways for members to get involved with the legislature.

A Consistent and Stable Speaker’s Office
Training of inexperienced Deputies can take time for them to learn a job that in essence mirrors the duties of the Speaker. This is where an experienced Deputy Speaker will play a major role in assisting me with the training of the Speaker’s Staff. As with my RL job, I intend to put together a training manual of sorts to help guide Deputy Speakers and to help provide consistent and stable training for future Speakers, Deputy Speakers and members of the Speaker’s Staff.

I would like to thank you for reading through my platform for Speaker, and I hope that I have convinced you to vote for me for this vital Office.

Warmest Regards,

Artemis

A subdued campaign, but a Speaker who is committed to the core of their duties first above all and to properly utilizing the role of Deputy Speaker happens to be exactly what this fluffy voter is looking for. I also like the idea of a comprehensive training manual, a project I intended to do during my term but did not end up having the time for.

What is your opinion of the current Speaker's Voice to Excellence program?

Do you have any particular Deputy Speakers in mind?

A subdued campaign, but a Speaker who is committed to the core of their duties first above all and to properly utilizing the role of Deputy Speaker happens to be exactly what this fluffy voter is looking for. I also like the idea of a comprehensive training manual, a project I intended to do during my term but did not end up having the time for.
I am not one for grandeur, simplicity is more my style. Except when it comes to GoT. If elected would you be willing to assist with compiling a comprehensive training manual for future Speakers and their staff?

What is your opinion of the current Speaker's Voice to Excellence program?
I think it is a good program that could be utilized more in the future. I think perhaps the downfall of the program is that our legislature tends to not pump out legislation left or right. I think that this program will be beneficial to newer members with little to no experience with their legislative writing to further expand and refine their bills before submitting them to the Regional Assembly.

Do you have any particular Deputy Speakers in mind?
I have a few individuals in mind, but I have not approached anyone as of yet. Right now I am thinking between 3-4 Deputies if elected, hopefully, 1-2 who have experienced with the office and 2 new deputies. I would also like to open up the Speaker's Staff to application to allow anyone who wants to join the opportunity to do so.

If elected would you be willing to assist with compiling a comprehensive training manual for future Speakers and their staff?
I presume the "if elected" applies to you and not the subject of that sentence :⁠P
I'd be willing to be in your staff if you wish. Speaking of which, given that the citizenry generally is given little information on the staff unless the Speaker is directly asked, would you be willing to maintain a public list of members of the Speaker's Staff here on the forum, as well as their duties and goals?

I presume the "if elected" applies to you and not the subject of that sentence :⁠P
A big reason for my preference for simplicity is that I am a terrible englisher.

I'd be willing to be in your staff if you wish. Speaking of which, given that the citizenry generally is given little information on the staff unless the Speaker is directly asked, would you be willing to maintain a public list of members of the Speaker's Staff here on the forum, as well as their duties and goals?
Indeed, I intend for the office to be as transparent as possible. This will include who is a member of the Speaker's Staff and anything that they are assigned.

I didn’t know you were running too or I would have nominated you as well, you’re an excellent candidate + that’s good news too and good luck

Artemis, real quickly since your campaign is pretty straight to the point itself:

Would the Standing Procedures be modified in any significant way under your tenure? Anything there stand out that you want to change or modify?

It looks like you would bring back the digest. Does this mean you won't employ Wonderess's new project? Why or why not?

The training manual is a more concentrated version of what I tried to do as Speaker, since all I went after were FAQs and information pages, and that never happened. I look forward to seeing how that develops.

Finally, will you continue using the term "purges" when updating admins on citizenship status?

Artemis, real quickly since your campaign is pretty straight to the point itself:

Would the Standing Procedures be modified in any significant way under your tenure? Anything there stand out that you want to change or modify?

It looks like you would bring back the digest. Does this mean you won't employ Wonderess's new project? Why or why not?

The training manual is a more concentrated version of what I tried to do as Speaker since all I went after were FAQs and information pages, and that never happened. I look forward to seeing how that develops.

Finally, will you continue using the term "purges" when updating admins on citizenship status?

1. Standing Procedures - As of right now the only thing I would modify would be regarding Deputy Speakers. I would like to see it changed to have the Speaker designate a Deputy Speaker as First Deputy Speaker when the deputies are appointed. The First Deputy in the absence of the Speaker fills in as Acting Speaker. In the term prior to Wonderess' term, we witnessed a speaker who vacated the office and there was no clear acting speaker.

2. It is an interesting concept and I would like to see aspects of it incorporated into the RA Digest. But it will not simply be the same RA Digest as in the past. This is where I see the Speaker's Staff under the direction of a Deputy Speaker, compiling summaries of current bills in the RA to be dispersed to members of the region. I hope to employ similar methods of the Ministry of WAA in the form of their IFV's, but these summaries will not include a recommended vote. Once the staff completes these summaries, my deputies and I will review the article before dispersing.

3. I hope to work with past speakers on this project and if elected I hope to pick your brain regarding this manual.

4. I think the term "remasking requests" would be more accurate when posting in the Admin forum.

Your the only speaker candidate that didn't make terrible campaign imagery so congrats you win in my book.
Well thank you Lord Lore :P

How would you rate your familiarity with the various duties of the speaker's office? Which do you feel most and least comfortable performing?

You have way least than 2,019 and 2,487 messages (messages of the Speaker candidates). What can make me trust you for the office?

Who are some people you would tap to be your Deputy Speakers? (List any who you'd like, regardless of their availability, please.)

How would you rate your familiarity with the various duties of the speaker's office? Which do you feel most and least comfortable performing?
I would rate my familiarity with the various duties of the office of Speaker on a scale of 1-10 at an 8. There are some duties that I personally have not been able to take on as a Deputy but they are duties that I understand from referencing previous actions by Speakers, Rules of the RA and the Standing Procedures. Probably the least expereince I have is running the voting procedures of the RA, but as an Election Commissioner who has supervised several elections, I feel that I will be able to handle this aspect of the job quite easily.

The part of the job I feel I would be most comfortable performing is performing Citizenship Checks and Remasking Requests.

You have way least than 2,019 and 2,487 messages (messages of the Speaker candidates). What can make me trust you for the office?

I was not aware that a post count contributed to the ability to be trustworthy of the region as Speaker. If post counts were indicative of trustworthiness, then surely the Regional Assembly would not have recently approved my application to join the Security Council.

Who are some people you would tap to be your Deputy Speakers? (List any who you'd like, regardless of their availability, please.)

If available I would like to bring Darcania and Pallaith in as Deputy Speakers. Both were exceptional speakers and bring a wealth of knowledge and experience that I would utilize to assist with training staff, producing the training manual, and being active and engaged Deputy Speakers. Additionally I think that bringing Prydania back would be a wise decision. They have been a rock this past term and would be someone that I could really depend upon for the coming term.

I would also like to bring in two new members to the Deputy Speakers fold. Potential for this would be members of the current Speaker's Staff, Bobberino and Dino. They both have been members of the Speaker's Staff for quite some time and I feel they would have the potential to learn more of the intricacies of the duties of the Speaker.

I was not aware that a post count contributed to the ability to be trustworthy of the region as Speaker. If post counts were indicative of trustworthiness, then surely the Regional Assembly would not have recently approved my application to join the Security Council.
Do you think having high message counts helps contribute?

I do not see how the two correlate? A high post count and an Active Speaker? I perform my current duties as required by the Speaker, just as I will perform my duties as Speaker if elected. Daily Citizenship and Remasking Requests, ensuring fair and open discourse in all Regional Assembly business, prompt opening and closing of votes, ensuring the Deputies and the Speaker's Staff are performing their assignments and meeting deadlines as set.

Ah alright. Sorry for that question. I was using a quesion idea from a question Flem asked me in my VD election thread. I guess that wasn't the best question.

Thanks for the response though.

Greetings All,

We are now entering one of the newer traditions of the North Pacific. EXTENDED ELECTIONS! While this election is not due to a forum emergency, or restarting of elections, this is due to no single Speaker candidate attaining a majority during the vote. I want to congratulate @Dinoium for making it to the Runoff.

Moving into this voting, I welcome citizens and past speakers to pose questions to test my knowledge of the office of the Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

I would like to say that Artemis' performance as Deputy this past term has been phenomenal in that they have done everything asked of them, and I am fully confident that the Speakership is in good hands should Artemis enter the office. I would say Artemis's greatest strength is accepting and completing that which he is responsible for. I greatly admire the work ethic and dedication which is why I chose to vote for Artemis in this runoff.

Back