Not Just For Breakfast
Discord
bowloftoast

ga.jpg

Intersystem Space Stations Programme
Category: Education and Creativity | Area of Effect: Educational
Proposed by: Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar | Onsite Topic
The General Assembly,

Recognizing the great changes that are arriving with the creation of IASA (GA #451);

Believing that the many species of member nations in the WA must have more than a single a unified base in this vast ‘final frontier’,

Seeking to create many such bases for their space programmes, and the united IASA programmes,

Hence forth,

1. The World Assembly initiates the Interregional Space Station Project, thrusting the following rules and regulations for WA Member Nations, as well as defining it’s purpose:
    1. Decides this project will be conducted under the jurisdiction of the International Aero Space Administration,

2. Establishes, that member nations must fund the project in accordance with the monetary necessities of the construction and planning,

3. Further Establishes that member nations will all have access to a station within a fathomable and reachable distance of their home world with the number of stations in accordance with such,

4. Encourages member nations to send scientists and engineers to work on the establishment of the stations,

5. Declares the function of the stations to be helping the peoples of the WA in their endeavors in space, by creating a station for research and cooperation between nations in space,
  2. Understands that all member states of the World Assembly have permission to use the station to conduct scientific research in a zero-gravity environment,

3. Mandates that member states will be allowed to use the station for their various endeavors in the final frontier (eg. A place to refuel a spacecraft),

4. Appreciates the value this could have for the international community,
Establishes the above, commissioning the construction of the Intersystem Space Stations.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

This proposal is a bit convoluted and not very clear in its intent. It fails to cite any parameters for the proposed project and gives only vague indications of the project’s eventual benefits to member nations. Without these things, the project has the potential to become a vast and costly white elephant in space, indefinitely hemorrhaging funds into the nearest singularity. Most problematic is the requirement to a mandatory, open-ended spend for all WA nations, many of whom have no interest in space exploration at all. This lack of clarity in authorship, and perhaps an ambition that has outpaced practical realities, renders the project difficult to envision, and the proposal difficult to support.

For this reason, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this proposal.

Last edited:
Against. I have an issue with 1-2; mandating the entire WA to fund this isn't acceptable, as there's primitivists and other folks against this kind of endeavor. I'd be for this if it was worded better.

Hey guys! Author of the proposal here!

I was wondering what advice you all could give me on how to improve it, as it looks like I will need to submit it again after it is brutally murdered this voting session around! :blush:

Yes, I am clear you are against, but I would really like to know how I could improve it for the next run I give it!

Yes, I am clear you are against, but I would really like to know how I could improve it for the next run I give it!

In a half hour or so I will be sending an IFV out for this, and I’ll publish it here. You can look there for good suggestions.

You are also welcome to contact us on discord

Against. How in the name of Hillary Duff on a stick did this ever make it to quorum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back