Per Ardua Ad Astra
-
-
-
TNP Nation
Ethnon
Discord
Marcus Antonius #8887
Firstly, I am deeply honoured and somewhat surprised to have been nominated for Justice in this November 2018 Judicial Election.

My initial knee jerk reaction was in the words of General Ackbar "It's a trap!"

My knowledge of the laws of the region of TNP are only what I have been able to access via the TNP Handbook, Law Index.

In RL I am from the UK, TNP seems to be run using an American style system of law. I assume I am running for what we call here, a Justice of the Peace.

So you may ask "why am I running for justice?" In answer to that question I will split it into four parts.

Firstly, my namesake, in my view a good Roman name. Roman Law is where all the western worlds laws originate. A good Roman, from a good family, would often start making his way in the world by studying law and making a name for himself as an Orator. I am simply following this rite of passage.

Secondly, I believe in fair play and I am willing and open to learn all things.

Thirdly, I am retired in RL, I have a lot of time on my hands, I may be older than the populations average age, but I believe this to be an advantage in being life experienced and maintaining decorum.

Lastly, I wish to become more involved in the Ministry and Government of TNP. I hope that it can be realised that I can be trusted and have a great deal of time to give to the NS World and this great region.

I fully understand I am running against some very experienced nominees.

This is my first step on a long road.

Please feel free to ask me questions if you wish.

I will do my best to answer them.

MARCVS ANTONIVS

Ethnon

Last edited:
Today, a funny thing happened in the Forum - well ASDA actually (Walmart to my American friends)

I tried a coat on and pulled the zip up.

Nice coat, good fit - a bargain at £45.

When I tried to pull the zipper down it didn't budge.

My wife and I struggled to get the zipper free, but to no avail.

Concerned staff members, seeing this poor man struggling to get out of the coat, came to assist us.

In all, one male and two female employees eventually released me from my predicament by pulling the coat over my head.

In doing this, they also pulled off my t-shirt.

So I was stood on the shop floor topless!

The female employees thanked me for the show and giggled.

I told them that the last time I was topless in public was in Benidorm, Spain.

I remained dignified, smiled and got dressed.

My wife and I went on to do our weekly shop.

Needless to say we didn't buy the coat. :)

I told you this story to show that I am human.

Maybe it will gain me a sympathy vote! ;)

MARCVS ANTONIVS

Ethnon

juliuscaesarantony1.jpg

Marcus Antonius addresses ASDA staff, thanking them for rescuing him from overheating in an unruly coat.

Last edited:
ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
The Moral High Ground Mail
CITY FINAL______________MONDAY NOVEMBER 5, 2018_________VOL. 32 NO. 262

The November 2018 Judicial Election hots up

Our leader, Marcus Antonius shows his cute and fluffy side, at the same time as proving his appreciation to a certain anime film, by dressing up his cats, Leia & Tess.
Surely this is an election winner?

Asked to comment, Marcus Antonius said " Well I had a really tough day at ASDA when I went shopping this morning. I was imprisoned in a coat. The cats really know how to cheer me up. I love them so much".

Well you heard it here first people, Marcus Antonius is an animal lover. is there no end to what a great guy he really is?

Apparently his staff at the Moral High Ground in Ethnon say he is also an "all round good egg and a snappy dresser".

Kawaii-Kafe-Kucing-di-Jepang-Tampil-Kucing-kucing-yang-Ber-cosplay-1.png

Tess and Leia, our leaders cats dressed up as the 'Cat Bus' and 'Tortoro'

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't mean you will be showing up on one of those "Walmart people at night" slideshows. :shock:

Delightful campaign. Best of luck in the election.

Hello Marcus. I'm glad to see new people running for office and you seem to be quite the decent guy, so welcome to the race.

I would be concerned, however, with a totally new person who is perhaps unaccustomed to the constitution and legal code presiding over potential legal challenges that require some level of expertise. Perhaps you can allay my concerns.

What have you done to study up on our laws in anticipation of potentially taking this office?

ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY FINAL______________TUESDAY NOVEMBER 6, 2018_________VOL. 32 NO. 263

The November 2018 Judicial Election Latest

Where Have All The Zombies Gone?

Our leader, Marcus Antonius takes this opportunity, in his election campaign, to give thanks from our grateful nation, and himself, to the nations from The North Pacific who launched cure missiles at our nation in the last Z-Day.

Asked to comment, Marcus Antonius said " Good thing thing there wasn't any zombies at ASDA on Monday morning. I was imprisoned in a coat. I would have been easy pickings".

Well you heard it here first people, Marcus Antonius will be at the voting booths later. Voting will be approximately from 10:00 PM EST on November 6th to 10:00 PM EST on November 11th.

That will be approximately from 03:00 AM GMT on November 7th to 03:00 AM GMT on November 12th in the UK.

Good luck Marcus Antonius.

file_93dbeee7a6_original.jpg

Zombie in the streets of The Moral High Ground at the height of the outbreak

1536593071.681-smiley.png
ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Marcus. I'm glad to see new people running for office and you seem to be quite the decent guy, so welcome to the race.

I would be concerned, however, with a totally new person who is perhaps unaccustomed to the constitution and legal code presiding over potential legal challenges that require some level of expertise. Perhaps you can allay my concerns.

What have you done to study up on our laws in anticipation of potentially taking this office?

Thank you for your compliments.

In reply, I believe in fair play and justice for all.

I am willing and open to learn all things. As I am retired in RL, I have a lot of time on my hands, so I can dedicate a lot of time and thought on matters and study.

The magistrate system in the UK are volunteers who hear cases in courts in their community. They can hear cases in the criminal court, the family court, or both.

Each case is usually heard by 3 magistrates, including a magistrate who is trained to act as a chairperson.

A legal adviser in the court gives advice on the law and makes sure the magistrates follow the right procedures.

Studying law is a learning curve, and you have to start somewhere.

In TNP, the process must be similar.

A Justice would not, I am sure, make a snap decision on points of law - he would check to see the laws are applied correctly and seek advice where and when required.

I would surely hope that the Courts of TNP would not release me in my silks, wig and gavel to meter out justice without some training and guidance.

When it comes to law, study is the only answer. Court procedures are laid down in writing , although unfamiliar, they are, once again, learnt.

After some searches on TNP I have found a lot of the laws, constitution etc. These just require study.

I hope this answers your questions and offers some reassurance.

Thank you.

Last edited:
My question is: If re-elected, will you cooperate with the Attorney General in the program FIRST STOP?
My second question is: Why do you think you are a better candidate than others like Lord Lore, SillyString, Darcania, Limerick, and Eluvater?

My question is: If re-elected, will you cooperate with the Attorney General in the program FIRST STOP?
My second question is: Why do you think you are a better candidate than others like Lord Lore, SillyString, Darcania, Limerick, and Eluvater?

Hello Dinoium - firstly, I'm afraid I have never been elected before, no worries :)

As for the First Stop program - I think it is a good and sensible idea.

I would cooperate with anyone who is involved with it.

Secondly - in reply to your second question, I do not think that I am better than any of the other candidates and would work with any of them.

They have proved themselves with an impressive track record and knowledge base.

I, on the other hand have not proven myself, but I have a lot to give and a passion to learn.

In fact I will be voting for Limerick, as I had promised him my support before I even knew I was a nominee.

I keep my promises, like the Lannisters always pay their debts (but not in an evil way).

I hope this has answered your questions.

Thank you

Hello Dinoium - firstly, I'm afraid I have never been elected before, no worries :)

As for the First Stop program - I think it is a good and sensible idea.

I would cooperate with anyone who is involved with it.

Secondly - in reply to your second question, I do not think that I am better than any of the other candidates and would work with any of them.

They have proved themselves with an impressive track record and knowledge base.

I, on the other hand have not proven myself, but I have a lot to give and a passion to learn.

In fact I will be voting for Limerick, as I had promised him my support before I even knew I was a nominee.

I keep my promises, like the Lannisters always pay their debts (but not in an evil way).

I hope this has answered your questions.

Thank you
Thank you for answering and sorry for saying re-election, it was for Limerick, that's why. :P
We have had people run for Associatve Judge position and never had much experience and lost. How do you think you're different than those people.

Thank you for answering and sorry for saying re-election, it was for Limerick, that's why. :P
We have had people run for Associatve Judge position and never had much experience and lost. How do you think you're different than those people.

The totally honest answer would be that I am no different to those that have lost.

I do however have the drive and dedication to carry out this task.

But I would also say this - if the Citizens of TNP do not gain experience in the laws and procedures of the judiciary and for some unforeseen reasons we lose the experienced justices, what would happen then?

Is it not better to train up responsible and trustworthy citizens and allow them to gain experience?

There is only one way to gain experience and that is to carry out the task set before you.

It is the same as responsibility, if you are never given responsibility then you will never learn accountability and leadership.

If I can handle 12 years as a Serviceman and 11 years as a Civil Servant in RL, I am sure I can handle a few months of service until the next election in February.

By which time I would hope that I would have proved myself.

Thank you for your question.

Last edited:
ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM______________WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 7, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 264

Marcus Antonius Casts His Vote In The Judicial Election

Our leader, Marcus Antonius continues in his election campaign and casts his vote in The North Pacific Judicial Election.

Asked to comment, Marcus Antonius said "Well it's just a waiting game now".

Well you heard it here first people, Marcus Antonius will be at the Campaign Office in Ethnon's capital HQ later. To monitor his progress in the election and to answer questions from the regions citizens of The North Pacific.

Voting started at 10:00 PM EST on November 6th and will continue until 10:00 PM EST on November 11th.

That will be approximately from 03:00 AM GMT on November 7th to 03:00 AM GMT on November 12th in the UK.

Annex%20-%20Burton,%20Richard%20(Cleopatra)_01.jpg

Marcus Antonius awaits his fate

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM______________THURSDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 265

Marcus Antonius Counts His Votes In The Judicial Election

Our leader, Marcus Antonius continues in his election campaign and counts his votes in The North Pacific Judicial Election.

Asked to comment, Marcus Antonius said "Well I'm counting the votes for me, I cannot believe I actually got this popular". He smiles and returns to his paperwork.

Outside, in the streets of The Moral High Ground, Ethnons capital city, local citizens are shaking their heads in disbelief at Antonius's tally. "We only expected him to get one vote" Says one bystander. "His own!" laughs another. "This voting is obviously rigged, he cannot be this popular, surely?" says a visiting Maxtopian businessman.

Well whatever we think of our leader, this will surely bring Ethnon into the limelight in a positive way.

Marcus Antonius will be at the Campaign Office in Ethnon's capital HQ later. To monitor his progress in the election and to answer questions from the regions citizens of The North Pacific.

Voting started at 10:15 PM EST on November 6th and will continue until 10:15 PM EST on November 11th.

That was from 03:15 AM GMT on November 7th to 03:15 AM GMT on November 12th in the UK.

rome-hbo-dvd-polly-walker-kerry-condon-kevin-mckidd-ray-stevenson-james-purefoy-dvdbash-other-wallpaper-1056887535.jpg

Marcus Antonius checks his vote tallies against the other candidates

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
ETHNON LIVE BROADCAST

EBC - ETHNON BROADCASTING SERVICE

Marcus Antonius Addresses The People In The Judicial Election

Our leader, Marcus Antonius speaks to our people as he continues in his election campaign.

"Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him!"

A campaign aide swiftly pokes Marcus in the ribs.

"Oh...er...hum...yes sorry wrong speech"

The aide whispers in his ear.

"I know, I know!"

"Ahem... Friends, Ethnonians, Citizens of The North Pacific, lend me your ears!"

"This day I hold in my hand yet another vote."

Marcus nods his head vigorously, shaking the document at the crowd.

"Yes, yes, a vote of confidence in me."

"I told you so!"

The crowd are shaking their heads in disbelief at Antonius's tally and surge forward booing.

The aide grabs Antonius's arm and pulls him back to the safety of campaign headquarters.

The microphone is taken over by an EBS presenter.

"Well...ah...yes thank you Marcus Antonius..apologies to our listeners for the cutting short of our broadcast today."

"It appears we have a lot of Bigtopian and Maxtopian troublemakers in the crowd today"

"Whatever we think of our leader, he only wishes to bring Ethnon onto the regional scene in a positive way."

"Good luck Marcus Antonius."

american-actor-marlon-brando-on-the-set-of-julius-caesar-based-on-the-picture-id607407104
Marcus Antonius addresses the crowd outside Campaign Headquarters

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
FROM THE OFFICE OF MARCUS ANTONIUS, CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS, MAGICALITY STREET, THE MORAL HIGH GROUND, ETHNON
TO - HEAD LIBRARIAN, ETHNON JUS BIBLIOTHECA

Dear sir,

Could you please accept the returns of the following publications, TNP The Bill of Rights, TNP Constitution of The North Pacific and TNP Legal Code of the North Pacific.

My master, has read and digested these libri and requests more. He is like a man possessed, demanding more and more information.

He reads and reads sometimes sounding like a Greek, shouting "εύρηκα!" and then "ego intellegis!".

Please send more and hurry!

Scriba Macro

ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM_________________FRIDAY NOVEMBER 9, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 266

Marcus Antonius Involved In ASDA Coat Scandal

P1010380.jpg

Our leader, Marcus Antonius, has allegedly tried to shoplift a coat from an ASDA store.

This information, supplied to us from Maxtopian and Bigtopian diplomats, alleges that our leader tried the coat on and tried to run away from the store.

Witnesses collaborate with the story in that they saw Marcus Antonius struggling with members of staff trying to stop him leaving the store with the coat.

Asked to comment Marcus Antonius said "Well I tried a coat on and pulled the zip up.When I tried to pull the zipper down it didn't budge. My wife and I struggled to get the zipper free, but to no avail. Some staff members, seeing me struggling to get out of the coat, came to assist us. I was eventually released from my predicament by pulling the coat over my head. This has all been a terrible misunderstanding."

roles_store.jpg

"Did you see that man stuck in that coat get stripped topless, Ellie?
Ooh yes! poor man, had a lovely hairy chest though"

A spokesman from ASDA made this comment. "We are aware of an incident involving one of our coats and a member of the public, we are currently investigating reports from staff and CCTV recordings, thank you."

Marcus Antonius says "Don't buy this coat, it will never let you go!"

Marcus Antonius continues in his election campaign in The North Pacific Judicial Election.

Voting finishes at 10:15 PM EST on November 11th.

That is 03:15 AM GMT on November 12th in the UK.

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
Well GBM, I was looking for a winter coat.
This coat caught my eye at £45.
It was a wax coated material. came with built in hood and was very warm (very, very warm - mind, could be all the struggling!) when it was on.
Just the thing to keep out the lovely Welsh weather we are having.
Very practical I thought.
Did you know all the sheep here grow moss not wool?
And did I say it was only £45.

ethnon__201925.jpg
ETHNON PROPOGANDA PRESS RELEASE

2-the-war-memorial-alexandra-park.jpg

Marcus Antonius Pays His Respects
To Those That Lost Their lives In The First World War

Today Marcus Antonius visited a local War Memorial to pay his respects to the fallen on the run up to the centenary of the end of World War 1.

This will be held on 11th November 2018.

"As an ex-serviceman, I feel it is my duty and honour to remember those who gave up their today for our tomorrow. We should always remember them and be grateful" Marcus Antonius commented.

Last edited:
ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM_______________SATURDAY NOVEMBER 10, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 267

Marcus Antonius Takes A Break From The Election

Our leader, Marcus Antonius, has taken an opportunity to take a brief respite from his campaigning.

Today he plans to spend time with his family and enjoy the peace and quiet of a local country park.

Asked to comment Marcus Antonius said "I love going to a place called Cosmeston Lakes Country Park."
You can walk around the lakes, through woods and across fields, it's really beautiful. After your walk you can pop into the Lakeside Cafe and have a pot of tea and some food. Then you can feed the ducks, geese and swans and all the other wildlife."

"I need this break from all the cramming of information on TNP's Laws, Rules and Procedures on top of the Constitution, Bill of Rights and Legal Code. A lot of work has gone into these documents and the authors should be proud of their work and effort and I appreciate the quality and standard of the wordcraft."

When asked how the citizens have been voting so far he commented "well, as I expected the voting is not going all my way, but I will say it is higher than I expected and I am grateful to those voters for their confidence in me."

"I am a pretty level headed guy, I have an eye for detail and once I get my teeth into something I never give up. I look forward to working as a team player in serving The North Pacific and all it stands for, whether I am successful in this election or not. I have a good sense of humour, sometimes you really need one, but when it comes to important issues I am very, very serious. Now If you will excuse me, I am off to feed the squirrels, thank you."

Marcus Antonius will continue in his election campaign in The North Pacific Judicial Election later today.

7cc0b5cabe6fed6f76e4801cf10abe0f.jpg
Cosmeston Lakes Country Park - A beautiful place to unwind

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
Good day. I came by to announce that you, sir, have my full support in this bid. I myself am a new nation, but I really believe that you, sir, with your candidacy, give so-called rookies a voice in the court. I will keep things short and simple, I believe that you will make a simple yet exceptional Justice of our Court. I voted earlier morning for you, SillyString, and Limerick. I believe you three possess the qualities I look for in a jurist. It may be true and self-accepted that your knowledge of regional laws is more unstretched than those who have been serving longer than you, but dedication to service does not rely merely on knowledge and experience. It is about rationality and compassion. To conclude, you, sir, would be a justice of unassailable integrity, devotion, and commitment. I look forward to see you sitting at the court. I wish you luck and the best endeavours. :tnp:

Last edited:
Thank you Sir!
Good day. I came by to announce that you, sir, have my full support in this bid. I myself am a new nation, but I really believe that you, sir, with your candidacy, give so-called rookies a voice in the court. I will keep things short and simple, I believe that you will make a simple yet exceptional Justice of our Court. I voted earlier morning for you, SillyString, and Limerick. I believe you three possess the qualities I look for in a jurist. It may be true and self-accepted that your knowledge of regional laws is more unstretched than those who have been serving longer than you, but dedication to service does not rely merely on knowledge and experience. It is about rationality and compassion. To conclude, you, sir, would be a justice of unassailable integrity, devotion, and commitment. I look forward to see you sitting at the court. I wish you luck and the best endeavours. :tnp:

Thank you Sir!, your comments are very much appreciated. I will always endeavour to do my best.

11.11.1918 - 11.11.2018

Remembrance Sunday Armistice Centenary

This unique commemoration on the 100th anniversary of the signing of the Armistice, will recognise the significance of the end of the First World War, and the sacrifice made by so many men and women during the first world war.

nocrop

LtLF.gif

Last edited:
ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM______________SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 268​

Marcus Antonius Takes Stock

Our leader, Marcus Antonius, has viewed the latest votes in the campaign.

He has confirmed that he is in last place and that it would appear it is' all over' in his bid for Court Justice.

Asked to comment Marcus Antonius said "Yes it does seem to be 'all over' for the campaign, but it's not 'all over' yet.
Voting does not finish until 3am tomorrow our time, who knows?. At least i'm beating that fellow 'Abstain'.
Anyway, it's not all bad news, I was approached by a fine fellow, Minister El Fuji from TNP's NBS and he offered me a job.
Naturally I took the offer as all I have to look forward to at the moment is the Battle of Actium to kick that Octavian's back side"

Marcus Antonius will continue in his election campaign in The North Pacific Judicial Election later today.

0c651fb4786d7926e7dbec082f5b8358.jpg

Marcus Antonius hasn't given up yet

ethnon_army__121118.jpg

Last edited:
Lest We Forget

Today, a hundred years ago on the 11th hour of the 11th day in the 11th month, World War 1 ended.

The war took the lives of nearly 20,000,000 people, both civillian and military.

In real life I served for 12 years in the Royal Air Force, plus 6 years in the reserve.

This day I remember all those that were sacrificed and all those that gave up their lives.

So that we may live.

Below is a picture of an RAF Tornado GR4, it's serial No. is ZA393

I worked on this very aircraft many years ago.

This photo was taken at RAF Marham in 2012

Brings back memories.

e79dedcd65e1ac674de8e4242c89f04d.jpg

This Tornado was painted up by personnel from RAF Marham to commemorate the 2012 Royal British Legion poppy appeal.

ETHNON PRESS RELEASE

ethnon__201925.jpg
CITY AM______________MONDAY NOVEMBER 12, 2018_______VOL. 32 NO. 269​

Marcus Antonius Defeated

Our leader, Marcus Antonius, has accepted his defeat in his campaign for Court Justice.

He has confirmed that he is in last place and that it is now 'all over' and the campaign has ended.

Asked to comment Marcus Antonius said "Well I gave it my best shot, I cannot say I am surprised. I went against some very popular, talented and respected people. I have nothing but admiration for them. I wish them all the very best for the future in their endeavours and roles in The North Pacific."

When asked about his experiences in his campaigning he said "Well it was more exhausting than I thought. I studied everything I could find on TNP's Law, Rules and procedures etc. It has raised a question that I would discuss with the Justices at a later date. I have absolutely enjoyed the experience and would run again in a few months time at the next election. I would like to extend my warm congratulations to winners of the election."

Marcus Antonius will now continue in his campaign against Octavian at Actium, he is confident in his victory as, although outnumbered, he has a better quality fleet than Octavians forces.

Victoriam tibi Marcus Antonius.

latest
Marcus Antonius prepares for battle

Back