Status
Not open for further replies.

abc

Duck
TNP Nation
ABC
Discord
abc#8265
I hereby state my resignation as Speaker, membership in the Executive Staff, and renouncement of citizenship, effective immediately.

I came to TNP because I loved it. I was good at my job, developed close friendships, and enjoyed all the twists and turns along the road. But something happened. It started as a Deputy Speaker under Darcania and only grew from there. Darc, once someone I could talk to and considered a friend began to get angry at me often, became less active, and ultimately left the region after an argument in Discord. While I was Speaker, I began to no longer feel like a part of the community here. Politics is a dirty game. It destroyed some of my friendships, seriously affected my real life, and ultimately brought me to this point. I will be moving ABC out of The North Pacific and will still remain active in my own region, Force. To the friends I still have here, I will respond to DMs sent to my Renegalle Discord and nation. I wish The North Pacific and its inhabitants the best of luck and hope to return at some point.

Thank you,
ABC

Abc, thank you so much for being the best Speaker I have ever seen. You knew all the details of what the Speaker does, and I learned a bunch.

Good work ^^

Also ABC, I am tired of seeing you getting attacked for literally no reason by critics who try to pick arguments with you and I’m not surprised you’re leaving

You are hands down the most talented TNPer, took on the most skilled job, and mentored so many legislative TNPers.

I never said any of these to you but now that you’re leaving, I might as well give you this opinion I held throughout your two speaker terms

Goodbye ABC
1536593044.799-smiley.gif

I'm not good writing this kind of message, i'm not one who like to say goodbye…

But anyway i hope the best for you and if you need anything feel free to ask
1536593049.7725-smiley.gif

Also come back sometimes on the RMB, for me you'll be always welcome there
1536593059.1895-smiley.gif

Sad to see you go, abc.
[quote uid=4998 name="Yuno" ]You are hands down the most talented TNPer[/quote]Steady now.

Sad to see you go, honestly. Thank you for your service and dedication to this wonderful community.

I won't say goodbye though, but "see you later"
1536593049.7725-smiley.gif

I wish you the best in all that you do from here onward, abc. I hope that your departure has nothing to do with something I did to offend you. I was proud to have you as a teacher and opponent in the ongoing race. May God be with you.

Its sad to see a member of TNP that I came into the region looking up to depart, best of luck and days ABC.

[quote uid=1949 name="St George" ]Sad to see you go, abc.
[quote uid=4998 name="Yuno" ]You are hands down the most talented TNPer[/quote]Steady now.[/quote]Okay, other talented people include the mentor who taught ABC(Pallaith), and YOU, the Roleplay Moderator, and a lot more (Flem is the TNP historian, McM is the culture master) But my opinion is that ABC was pretty great (one of the most dedicated TNPer) and he's trained Wonderess to be an excellent speaker with all the skillset required, I hope Wonderess takes over now that ABC has resigned.

Good night~
Yun

@abc I thought you were leaving because of "dirty politics", and you did so throwing the Speaker's office into chaos during the a forum move. Yet less then a month later you return and apply for the Ministry of Home Affairs and apply for the NPA, what gives?

Pardon me if this comes off as offensive, but I wholeheartedly agree with Lord Lore and feel this has to be said.

I would like to know the answer to this as well. You wrote an abject statement in the OP detailing your wish to depart and then departed, forcing your deputy (who had at that point been basically doing your job for a while already) to take over until one of the closest Speaker elections we've had in a while.

And yet, only a month after, without so much as a single forum post declaring it, you've suddenly and inexplicably returned? I can forgive and forget the damage your sudden, out-of-nowhere departure caused because it's all been taken care of, and because to me that's not the main issue.

Not only have you gone back on your word but in doing so, despite what happened following your departure having passed, you've really technically worsened what happened because it was all for naught and could have been avoided. You said you were leaving. You lied. What's going on?

Okay, I don’t know abc that well as a player, but this sort of behavior is unacceptable. This is a game, so abc plays when and where he wants. If he were running for the speaker’s office, that would be one thing and I could see tougher questions being asked. But he’s just getting back into the game and gone into some entry level activities that any new nation could also do.

abc clearly needed a break from the game, so he took it and is clearly back to play now. abc left during an election anyway during a time where not terribly much was going on, so it’s not like he really affected much to begin with. I think it’s really unjust and frankly mean for you both to be gravedigging an old thread because someone simply rejoined the game after a break. Find someone else to pick on.

Oh my. Hope to see you soon.

Last edited:
I do not see an issue here.
hope to return at some point.

ABC said he was leaving but hoped to return, he left and has now returned. I do not see a lie.

I do not see a need for ABC to respond to the comments regarding his performance in the Speaker's Office. This is not an election thread.

This is the kind of toxic stuff that I'd expect to see in TSP, not here. The place for these questions would be in an election thread if abc ran for anything, not here. Poor show Lore and Syr.

Jesus, leave him alone. Always disgusts me to see people grave-digging "OH BUT YOU CAME BACK" on old retirement threads, it's so mean spirited and something I'd expect to see on the GP forums but not here. Give him some space.

It's nice to have you back. Always remember, the past is the past, and we will always be here to accept people, whether they're new or returning. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what happened. *hugs*

Each of us has an inalienable right to play the game as we see fit. Furthermore, being a feeder, TNP is supposed to be a very forgiving place - not that I'm aware of any need for forgiveness regarding ABC. We ought to just roll out the "welcome back wagon" - loaded with rum, of course.

Each of us has an inalienable right to play the game as we see fit. Furthermore, being a feeder, TNP is supposed to be a very forgiving place - not that I'm aware of any need for forgiveness regarding ABC. We ought to just roll out the "welcome back wagon" - loaded with rum, of course.
couldn't have said it better myself! I quite enjoyed my time working as part of the speakers staff under him, actually.

This is the kind of toxic stuff that I'd expect to see in TSP, not here. The place for these questions would be in an election thread if abc ran for anything, not here. Poor show Lore and Syr.

I would not classify what I asked as toxic. Syr took what I said to an different level but I just wanted an explanation of someone who stormed off accusing us of being mean to him and engaging in dirty tactics against him that were so bad that it was negatively affecting his real life. I didn't use as soft a language that I could of but still its a fair question.

Jesus, leave him alone. Always disgusts me to see people grave-digging "OH BUT YOU CAME BACK" on old retirement threads, it's so mean spirited and something I'd expect to see on the GP forums but not here. Give him some space.

I am not grave-digging and its not an "old retirement thread". He posted this right before the forum went down and then came back immediately after the new forum was launched. He "retired", accused us of attacking him, and then stayed.

To be honest I should've expected this. :P I should begin this post by noting that my post last night I was mostly frustrated about the fact that everything that transpired with the Speaker's Office could have been avoided, and that ABC could have done a better job as Speaker.

While I still personally believe that I do agree that such a sentiment is best expressed in a campaign thread and not here, which I didn't think about at the time. I think I had forgotten my own advice, which I often give to people I know who get pissed off by events in the game, and that is that it's just that. A game. You should never be frustrated over games, though it's real easy to get that way, as I think we've all seen at some point. I know I have. :P

(Hey, at least what happened with the Speakership made the election more interesting.)

I think what struck me most out of what everyone's said is Funkadelia quoting my own remarks earlier in this thread. I did and do hope to see ABC again soon, and I'm glad he's back. You should always practice what you preach and I didn't, so my bad on that.

I should also note that I wasn't aware of ABC ever "being mean" to anyone, so I won't touch on that. I leave that part of the conversation to Lore.

Wow I can't believe some of the really gross behavior here. NS is a game. People can do whatever they want with it. Everyone leaves and comes back for their own reasons and what happened in the past doesn't need to be dragged back up to be another horse to beat. Really just sad behavior to be honest.

This conversation is inappropriate to take place in a resignation thread from nearly 2 months ago. I'm locking this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back