July 2018 Justice Election Draft

Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
stock-photo-man-voter-putting-ballot-into-voting-box-democracy-freedom-concept-near-blue-wall-copy-space-797688190.jpg
After the special election that had just took place in May after Justice Zyvetskistaahn vacated their office, an official justice election was about to unfold. The Chief Election Commissioner General COE appointed Artemis and Brendog as Election Commissioners prior to the start of voting.

Candidates
8 competitors had arrived for the election to run for Justice, a surprising turnout for the usually more quiet Justice elections.

Limerick1
Limerick is a new nation in The North Pacific, and after winning the Special June Justice Election and serving as a Justice for over a month they elected to run again for a full term. He said that he was incredibly honored to even be considered for this position and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about him or his legal ideals, and has shown to be one of the most eager members of the court since their initial election.

"I am a relatively new member to TNP considering the time many have put in. This however does not compromise my understanding of our legal documents as I read them in preparation for my special election campaign and Continue to re read them to this day."

Election Thread
Lord Lore
Lord Lore was a current associative justice since March of 2018, a former Minister of Culture for The North Pacific, Deputy Minister of Culture for The North Pacific, and Minister of Entertainment for The North Pacific. He also has experience as the Lead Cartographer for TNP's forum RP. Lord Lore campaigned to continue his term as Justice, many people were impressed and supported him. Lore's experience and name recognition may be significant tribute to his popularity.

Election Thread
SillyString
SillyString is an experienced and long-time contributer to the North Pacific, she has previously served as Delegate, Attorney General, both an Associative and Chief Justice and currently serves as Deputy Attorney General as well as an advisor to the delegate. Unsurprisingly, SillyString received magnanimous support.

"I don't have a specific platform to run on, because I don't think there is anything about the court that urgently requires changing."

Election Thread
Mall
Mall, infamous shark and scary game moderator, continues his tradition of running in elections on the premise of doing as much as humanly possible to damage the region, in this case the court. More recently Mall has proposed that court cases should be decided by a game of chess, which has prompted thougtful discussion among the Regional Assembly. Mallorean Apathetic Evil is a rising ideology in the North Pacific.

"Vote for me and I'll find a way to make the Court interesting for a bit, it's been boring af recently and frankly the entire region needs a kick in the shins. Y'all been decadent."

Election Thread
Yalkan

Yalkan is a strict adherent of Fluff, a former justice and is a standing officer in the North Pacific Army. Yalkan't deny the credentials.

"I was a justice. Spirit of the law is for wimps. Like it or hate it the law rules. Vote for me please."

Election Thread
Syrixia
Syrixia, a well known Forum RPer and former Minister of Culture decided to run for Justice as Thomas Johansson, a character from said Forum RP. Syrixia's most notable achievement was successfully annoying lore lore.

Election Thread
CedieRKing
Cedierking ran for Justice only a month after joining the region. Honestly not much more to their campaign than that.

"The rule of law is one of the characteristic institutions of a democracy, and of course, this nation. To preserve the rule of law, the judiciary must be independent and not subject to pressure from outside influences. Further, the public must have the confidence and trust that its judiciary is impartial, unbiased and free from partisan interests."

Election Thread
Kingsley
Kingsley ran into the candidacy declarations, decided he was going to run and then proceeded to disappear from the space time continuum. No thread was made, the Executive Council has figured that this may prove a threat to the multiverse. Please abstain from mentioning Kingsley to avoid a full collapse of time.

Results

The victors of this election were Limerick1 with 23 votes, Lord Lore with 32 votes, and SillyString with 35 votes. The other unelected candidates were Syrixia with 17, Yalkan with 16, Mall with 10, cedierking with 4, and Kingsley with none! [/spoiler]

My edits. Took way longer than they should've, still needs an editor's touch.

stock-photo-man-voter-putting-ballot-into-voting-box-democracy-freedom-concept-near-blue-wall-copy-space-797688190.jpg
After the special election that had just took place in May after Justice Zyvetskistaahn vacated their office, an official justice election was about to unfold. The Chief Election Commissioner General COE appointed Artemis and Brendog as Election Commissioners prior to the start of voting.

Candidates
8 competitors had arrived for the election to run for Justice, a surprising turnout for the usually more quiet Justice elections.

Limerick1
Limerick is a new nation in The North Pacific, and after winning the Special June Justice Election and serving as a Justice for over a month they elected to run again for a full term. He said that he was incredibly honored to even be considered for this position and would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about him or his legal ideals, and has shown to be one of the most eager members of the court since their initial election.

"I am a relatively new member to TNP considering the time many have put in. This however does not compromise my understanding of our legal documents as I read them in preparation for my special election campaign and Continue to re read them to this day."

Election Thread
Lord Lore
Lord Lore was a current associative justice since March of 2018, a former Minister of Culture for The North Pacific, Deputy Minister of Culture for The North Pacific, and Minister of Entertainment for The North Pacific. He also has experience as the Lead Cartographer for TNP's forum RP. Lord Lore campaigned to continue his term as Justice, many people were impressed and supported him. Lore's experience and name recognition may be significant tribute to his popularity.

Election Thread
SillyString
SillyString is an experienced and long-time contributer to the North Pacific, she has previously served as Delegate, Attorney General, both an Associative and Chief Justice and currently serves as Deputy Attorney General as well as an advisor to the delegate. Unsurprisingly, SillyString received magnanimous support.

"I don't have a specific platform to run on, because I don't think there is anything about the court that urgently requires changing."

Election Thread
Mall
Mall, infamous shark and scary game moderator, continues his tradition of running in elections on the premise of doing as much as humanly possible to damage the region, in this case the court. More recently Mall has proposed that court cases should be decided by a game of chess, which has prompted thougtful discussion among the Regional Assembly. Mallorean Apathetic Evil is a rising ideology in the North Pacific.

"Vote for me and I'll find a way to make the Court interesting for a bit, it's been boring af recently and frankly the entire region needs a kick in the shins. Y'all been decadent."

Election Thread
Yalkan

Yalkan is a strict adherent of Fluff, a former justice and is a standing officer in the North Pacific Army. Yalkan't deny the credentials.

"I was a justice. Spirit of the law is for wimps. Like it or hate it the law rules. Vote for me please."

Election Thread
Syrixia
Syrixia, a well known Forum RPer and former Minister of Culture decided to run for Justice as Thomas Johansson, a character from said Forum RP. Syrixia's most notable achievement was successfully annoying lore lore.

Election Thread
CedieRKing
Cedierking ran for Justice only a month after joining the region. Honestly not much more to their campaign than that.

"The rule of law is one of the characteristic institutions of a democracy, and of course, this nation. To preserve the rule of law, the judiciary must be independent and not subject to pressure from outside influences. Further, the public must have the confidence and trust that its judiciary is impartial, unbiased and free from partisan interests."

Election Thread
Kingsley
Kingsley ran into the candidacy declarations, decided he was going to run and then proceeded to disappear from the space time continuum. No thread was made, the Executive Council has figured that this may prove a threat to the multiverse. Please abstain from mentioning Kingsley to avoid a full collapse of time.

Results

The victors of this election were Limerick1 with 23 votes, Lord Lore with 32 votes, and SillyString with 35 votes. The other unelected candidates were Syrixia with 17, Yalkan with 16, Mall with 10, cedierking with 4, and Kingsley with none!

Back