Discord
Tlomz

sc.jpg

Condemn The League Of Conservative Nations
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: The League of Conservative Nations
Proposed by: Crimsonfield | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Observing The League Of Conservative Nations claims to be a Free Democracy,

Denouncing the LCN's recent threats to invade new regions, for example the U.C.N,

Believing this string of threats of invasions and infiltration must be put to an end,

Appalled by their use of trolling to undermine stability of various Governments,

Stating that a condemnation would send a message to other anti-democratic regions,

Clarifying the LCN claims to be a Democratic Region, yet it has an executive branch made of oppressive "Consuls" appointed by the Leader,

Further Clarifying recently one of the consuls, Quebecshire, modified a regional party due to it being against the Consulate,

Hereby Condemns The League Of Conservative Nations

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

We suspect this is a condemnation based on a distaste for the ideology espoused, rather than anything warranting an actual condemnation. The reasons cited are common for many regions, a region is not anti-democratic for having relations with a non-democratic region, and the government identified by this resolution can be understood to be a cabinet, much like the one TNP employs. This flimsy, poorly constructed window dressing does not hide what we deem to be the true motivation for condemning this region, and we support regions on both sides of the political aisle. Condemnations should be made of stronger stuff, and actually condemn something of substance.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the proposal.

Strongly against
Condemning based on military game play seems like a weak argument for such a common practice in basically any large and political region. Having diplomatic relations with anti-democratic regions does not make you anti-democratic. Lastly, consuls = cabinet for all intents and purposes, so there is not logical reason to say a region is anti-democratic for letting the delegate to appoint his own cabinet.

The author also was asked for any sort of proof of the allegations from people responding to his NS forum thread. He said that he put the resolution on hold and asked that no one else post about his proposal, and then just nigh of 14 hours later, he submitted without giving any proof or even responding to concerns on the forums thread

Against: If the claims are even true, this proposal seems to be very accusing and lacking in a dignified voice that befits proposals in the SC. Also, a condemnation would just fuel the fire that is raiding at this point.

I vote Against... poorly written with little evidence to substantiate claims that are not worthy of a condemnation.

Against.
Unsubstantiated, and even if it's true, hurt feelings are not in the purview of the WA.

Against. Such blatantly stupid accusations—most likely based on hearsay and political views—must be reviewed thoroughly. I repeat, AGAINST.

Drusselstein:
Against. Such blatantly stupid accusations—most likely based on hearsay and political views—must be reviewed thoroughly. I repeat, AGAINST.
Agreed. This is drivel. This is a classic case of Internet anti-conservative hate boner syndrome. Against.

Syrixia:
Drusselstein:
Agreed. This is drivel. This is a classic case of Internet anti-conservative hate boner syndrome. Against.
More of a classic case of petty grudges being brought on to the SC. Nagarno's grudge with the LCN isn't so much to do with ideology as a long chain of grievances between the two that he's brought along to the UCN.

Against. Though I do not follow the forum post, the piece of a proposal is still very trash with statements too general to be considered even presentable.

Malphe:
Syrixia:
Drusselstein:
More of a classic case of petty grudges being brought on to the SC. Nagarno's grudge with the LCN isn't so much to do with ideology as a long chain of grievances between the two that he's brought along to the UCN.
Most likely. Nevertheless, that is another inexcusable reason for condemning a region. "I hate that region!", they say. "Let's condemn them in the SC!", they say. It's absolutely abhorrent and rather contemptuous.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back