-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess

1oYB1U4.png

Eras Society of Honorable Nations

Greetings good nations of Eras. It is my pleasure as leader of The Sutherland Federation to call out to you humble leaders and selfless servants of your people. I know that the history good and bad that has occurred in Eras has brought to power leaders who will only what is best for their people while also bringing forth those who have caused suffering and unnecessary torment because of their own selfishness and tyranny. Today, I wish to proclaim to the world Sutherland's dedication to virtuous governance on behalf of the people. Power, influence, and political gain hold no place in the stately halls of the Core General or in the office of the Arc-Wonderess. I know that there are other rulers who feel just the same about their role within their nation's own government. I, therefore, call you to join me in founding the Eras Society of Honorable Nations. It is my vision as Arc-Wonderess of my own nation to stand for peace, competent leadership in the Eras community, and fair treatment of each nation by one another. If these ideals are held by you the leaders of Eras, then I invite you to come forth and join this society. The purpose of this society of honorable nations is to provide an institute where conflicts plaguing Eras can be discussed in a similar way that a supreme court may in a democratic country. The leaders that make up the society shall weigh in on the issues of our time and take a stand. In the end, a ruling shall be put forward for all of Eras to see with the assenters and dissenters of an issue writing an opinion. Note that this society does not have the authority to tell another country what to do. This is a body that uses reason and leadership experience to form an intelligent opinion regarding the world stage. It is my hope that this society gains a reputation of upstanding and helpful opinions on issues that are pressing in Eras today. Hereafter shall be the establishing document of this honorable society.

Constitution of ESHN:
On the Establishment of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations

Membership
I. Any national leader seeking to enter their nation into this society must be approved by a majority of existing members.

II. The existing members are to take into account the military history, tenure of the nation's leader, and overall behavior of the nation in regard to other nations into account.

III. Once this society contains four fully confirmed members, all other candidates following the fourth admission must first be registered as an observer of the society for one week. This waiting period serves to give existing members time to research the candidate nation and also ensures that the candidate is committed to the cause of the society.

IV. Any nation may apply for observer status. This will allow nations to be a part of society
conversation without having the ability to be a part of the formal opinions of the society. A nation wishing to become an observer would require a simple majority vote amongst member states to achieve observer status.

V. Any national leader that is rejected membership must be given a reason to their rejection which must show concern for some aspect of the leader's governance and an existing conflict with the core values of the Society of Honorable Nations.

Procedures
I. At least two members of the society must motion for a Societal Observation.

II. A Societal Observation is the formal procedure of presenting a conflict of Eras before the whole societal body.

III. The Chancellor of the Society shall present the issue of the observation before the body where informal discussion shall commence and continue for an unfixed amount of time.

IV. The Chancellor may end the informal period once fruitful discussion has ceased for 24 hours. At this time, each nation shall choose a point of view to represent in regard to the conflict.

V. It is important to note that these points of view may be more than simply for one side or against one side.

VI. Once a majority of leaders within the society have made an informed decision, one leader at the least from each position is to write a formal opinion.

VII. Nations who share a point of view may collaboratively form an opinion.

VIII. Each group has one week to submit an opinion to the Chancellor who then shall compile them into a single report and present it to the leaders of Eras.

IX. In order for a member to be removed, a majority of members must vote to remove the person in question with each voter stating their reason for voting for or against the removal.

X. The Chancellor has the authority to dismiss a vote on a removal if the reason is deemed irrelevant.

Officers
I. The first Chancellor shall be the founding nation of the Society.

II. The Chancellor shall serve for three months with the first day of the third month being the first day of voting.

III. Any member may announce their intent to campaign for Chancellor though members may only vote for any other member besides themselves.

IV. The Chancellor shall name a secretary of election for the purpose of keeping track of vote count.

V. Voting shall last for three days after the voting is open.

VI. There shall be a runoff election between the two top vote receiving candidates if one candidate does not obtain a majority of votes beginning on the day that the first election ended and lasting for three more days.

V. The Chancellor has the right to name a Secretary for each continent of Eras and two advisors for Eras overall. The first advisor shall be the paramount authority of international relations. The second advisor shall be the paramount authority on interior matters of the nations of Eras.

VI. The Chancellor may dismiss and name new secretaries and advisors as the Chancellor sees fit. The Chancellor may also leave an office vacant if it is desired.

Honors
I. A member of the society shall be granted the ability to use the chain of the society on their own national seal or personal arms after their third ruling on a Societal Observation.

II. As soon as a nation is admitted to the society, their national arms or an adaptation thereof shall be added to the societal standard. The nation shall be allowed one charge for a crest above the main escutcheon.

Amending the Establishing Document
I. An amendment to this document which includes changing a clause or adding one forthwith shall be presented before the society like a Societal Observation. However, nations must vote yes or no to the proposed change. A simple majority is required for the change to pass.

II. In the case of a tie in any vote, the Chancellor shall act as the tie breaking vote.

III. The sitting Chancellor shall be the chief records keeper of the society and the keeper of this document for amendment and rulings of law within the society.

Amended: 2-18-2019

The Sutherland Federation excitedly founds this new society in the hope that it may provide direction and advice no matter what Eras faces. We look forward to others joining us in this endeavor! May integrity and truth be with you.

Arc-Wonderess of the Sutherland Federation

Current Member States of the Society
The Sutherland Federation (Chancellor)
The Vallish Confederation
The Imperial Goyanean Federation
The Crowned Republic of Highton
Norsian People's Commonwealth

The Democratic Districts of Midir
The Republic of Cojedes

vjAh2r1.png

Last edited:
National request of admittance:

As head of international affairs and head councilmen of Tommatito I, Thomas Nelson, request to join your society. I, as well as many others feel it will benefit everyone involved and be a closers step to world safty and security. We accept all terms and conditions and eagerly await your approval.

Signed,
Thomas Nelson

Dearest Nathan,

Now that such formalities as I have previously written to you on have been taken care of, I should find it only proper that I extend to you my request that Benolia join the Society. My people have seen the scourges of war, and been subject to the whims of a tyrant. The scars of our past remind us of our duty to fight for peace and freedom in everything we do.

May the Lord bless you, His most humble servant, and may He favor our endeavor.

Filippo Gabris
President

Request by the Government of the Vallish Confederation for Admittance into the Society of Honorable Nations

To the Most Esteemed Nathan Jarreau:

Following the official recognition by Valland of the Sutherland Federation, the Government of the Vallish Confederation has deemed it expedient to lodge an application to join the Society of Honorable Nations. The Vallish Confederation is committed to peace, faith, patience, and respect whether it be at home or across the globe.

We commend the Sutherland Federation on founding this Society, so these ideals may be further realized. The ideals and principles of the Society is a living example of what all nations can and should strive to. It is the hope of the Government of the Vallish Confederation that by joining, these ideals can be further spread and promoted in the name of justice and human decency.

Karl Vanderlund
Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Vallish Confederation

0WM3R0c.png

On Behalf of Sub Servant for ESHN Affairs Tanya Burding Representing the Sutherland Federation

As stated by Procedures Section Rule 1: I move that a Societal Observation be drafted on the issue of the pirate insurgency in Ereion. One other member must second this motion for the observation to commence.

Last edited:
As Chancellor I recognize the motion seconded by Benolia and begin the period of informal discussion on the following:

Societal Observation 001:
1oYB1U4.png

Societal Observation 001: On the Issue of Ereion Pirate Activity in Regard to the Infringement on Benolian Productivity

The Question at Hand: Does Benolia have just cause to capture pirates who have acted against them that do not hold citizenship within their nation and try them according to Benolian Law? Equally pressing, is Benolia's expansion of maritime territory within the Genovian Strait justified if it is for the capturing of pirate actors who have caused damage to Benolia's economic wellbeing and providing of basic goods to the citizens under their jurisdiction?

Inquisitive Actions of the Society: The Society does now request the presence of a representative of the Benolian government in order for the full understanding of the situation to be realized.

This document will be updated as the acts of this society and the opinions of its member states begin to be formed.

Last edited:
"My name is Castalia Boulou. I will be representing the Benolian Republic in the matter before the Society. I would like to take this opportunity to reiterate Benolia's commitment to international understanding and cooperation. The Republic will diligently consider the opinion of the Society on this and all situations that shall be brought before it. If a peaceful solution is possible, we will pursue it.

I will take this time to provide the members a general overview on the matter at hand.

In 2015, the Ereion government collapsed and the state descended into anarchy. Since then, various groups have organized in an attempt to seize control over the entirety of the state. These factions, as they are called, can be generally divided into two groups:

Inland, away from the coast, war lords control various territories and exert power by force. They have seized military grade equipment and are openly hostile to outside groups.'

On the coast, factions of pirates control various territories and have attacked and seized shipments in the Genovian Strait, the waterway between Benolia and Ereion. In order to combat the threat of piracy off the southern coast, Benolia has extended its territorial claim farther into the Strait, a rather controversial move to some. It is my belief that Benolia was justified in this course of action. Pirates captured in the extended waters are arrest and prosecuted in our regular criminal tribunals for various crimes including illegal entry, possession of firearms, and piracy.

These efforts, aided by the generous help of our Commonwealth allies, have been moderately successful in deterring piracy. The problem, however, persists, and will persist until the Ereion state is stabilized and humanitarian groups can be brought in.

It is important to remember the reason these pirates are doing what they do. We can not justify the use of force against a group of people who are simply trying to survive.

Benolia wants nothing more than to see a return to a free, safe, democratic Ereion. We will be willing to do anything within our power to achieve this aim.

With that, I conclude my opening statements and will now address any questions the members may have."

2oStJRD.png

On behalf of the Nation of Norsia. I, Direktor Gregori Knacke as first duty of my office have the honor to file this application for Observer membership in the Eras Society of Honorable Nations. We wish for Observer status as Norsia holds a tentative stance towards this organization. and has not yet officially recognized or otherwise disavowed its founding nation. We would like to see if this organization fits the goals of Norsia's policies as we carry ourselves into the future.

Norsia has been ravaged by a twenty years war, terrorism, sabotage, and famine. all of which may or may not have been avoided if we had third party mediation to help settle our differences. This organization formed too little too late but we are enthusiastic it is a step in the right direction and as it matures can become something great.

[note]The Norsi Peoples Commonwealth, it is written like this as Norsia has no comfortable lingual basis for a commonwealth.[/note]Tas Norsi Völker spole?enstvi is committed to Peace, Nation and Harmony, be it domestic or that of another nation. We want to help stop other nations from burning as we have burned. But we also recognize that War is an inevitability: it is simply a matter of how long you can delay it.

Gregori Knacke
Direktor of Foreign Affairs of the Norsi Völker spole?enstvi

"Thank you for your cooperation and transparency Mrs. Boulou. The society appreciates your willingness to speak with us and strive for a peaceful resolution to a complex situation. My first question has to do with pinpointing those who are responsible for the actions of these pirates. Is it your belief that Ereion as a state with no stable government currently is incapable of prosecuting these pirates? Furthermore, is this part of the reasoning employed by the Benolian government to justify prosecuting them according to Benolian law?

"The Ereion state currently lacks any judicial organs for criminal prosecution.

Our justification for territorial expansion was to secure foreign and domestic vessels from attacks at the high seas. The status of the Ereion judiciary was not relevant to this decision, as it would have been outside their jurisdiction as well."

"How does Benolia justify its action of claiming jurisdiction over greater sections of the strait when it could potentially damage the economic trade that goes through the strait but does not involve Benolia or Ereion?

Katja Knacke cleared her throat softly before she spoke up. "Forgive me if I am out of play here, but I must ask as it is a concern for anyone who has trade in the area especially Norsia as we have ships who also sail through here.

Ships that don't want to go around the Benolian islands: elongating their trip by several hours or even a day or so, uneducated estimate for any variety of reasons. would go through the strait as it is the most direct route. Especially if they want to pass through the Imperium Augustum. I am worried that the Benolian administration did not take into account that not all nations, all traders and ships would be fine with entering Benolian waters regardless of Benolia's reasoning for this expansion.

You are the rock that sandwiches them between a hard place. if they cannot afford the delay of going around you, and circumstances may not permit them to go THROUGH you, you are essentially FORCING them into the hands of the Pirates. the pirates are just a few nautical miles away, that bay is their home. You may save one ship from a pirate attack but in the process you may have doomed two other ships to these attacks in an area where the pirates are naturally more confident." She paused for a second as she produced her phone and brought up a map of Iteria.

"On top of this, depending on how you draw your expanded sea borders, you run the danger of not only closing off the strait to international trade that cannot traverse your waters, but you also run the risk of inadvertently challenging these pirates. Egging them on to grow bolder and to shove back. As your Archipelago is so close to the Iterian mainland: if you expand your borders in a bad way your sea borders will directly touch that of Ereions. I can't speak for the Ereionese, but the idea of a hostile government chafing their borders against my own nation's does not make me comfortable."

And with that the long winded Norsian finally ceased her noise.

"Benolia is fully aware of the strategic advantage of travel through the Strait of Genovia. That is why the eradication of the current piracy threat is of the upmost importance, both for Benolian commerce and foreign trade. Benolia has decided that the temporary inconvenience to international commerce is justified in the possibility of achieving this aim.

We are certainly not a "rock" sandwiching them, however. Our laws have ensured foreign vessels free and undisturbed passage through the extension zone. If they decide to not take this opportunity, than they are to blame if they are attacked, not us.

We encourage all foreign vessels to take advantage of the protection provided by the Commonwealth forces in the extension zone. Without the supplies provided by plundering, these hostile pirate factions will collapse, and we will be one step closer to stabilizing the Ereionese state."

"If it helps, here is a map denoting the territory claimed by Benolia in the Strait. At its longest point, the portion in white is approximately 44 kilometers from the coast (or about 24 nautical miles). The portion in grey is 12 nautical miles from the coast."

jRX0FfL.png

"I see. Tell me Mrs. Boulou, what is your government doing to ensure a long term remedy to the current problem? Obviously Ereion is not going to become calm any time soon, but if these pirates are part of an organized faction, could there not be some dialogue or long term solution achieved with them that could be explored for the benefit of Benolia and the pirates?"

"Currently, we are attempting to make contact with Ereion's underground remnant government. If successful, they may authorize humanitarian groups to enter Ereion and provide relief and medical treatment to the populace. Dialogue with pirating factions has not been established yet, but is certainly a priority."

Ms. Knacke once again spoke up. "If the pirates are being pirates out of desperation for supplies dont you think this added pressure may exacerbate them? Drive them to even more desperate action? If they are so desperate yet they are not fighting each other my bet is they have a fragile peace, a peace so fragile it only stands so long as some kind of supply maintains its establishment. AKA the merchants. Take away the easy food. Ereion descends into fully unrestrained chaos.

And why do you need the authorization of a dead government that doesnt even control the nation anymore? What are they going to do? Slap your hand?"

"The remnant government is still considered by Benolia as the de jure government of Ereion, and entering their country without their permission would be considered a breach of their sovereignty. We realize there is little they can do if we did decide to send people in, but that is a terrible precedent to set for these kinds of situations.

Benolia will certainly not let these pirates have unrestricted access to merchant vessels in hope of maintaining their "establishment". Ereion has already descended into unrestrained chaos. The "peace" within these pirate ranks is not maintained by merchant plunder, it is maintained by force.

Perhaps in their desperation they will accept our help."

“During the Fascist War, the Benolian Resistance bravely fought for freedom in the face of tyranny. They are widely celebrated today for their heroism and valor, but they had a dark side. Captured fascists, especially high ranking officials, were given terribly inhumane treatment. Many were tortured, humiliated, and killed.

The horrors of war bring the worst out of every person, no matter how noble their goal. Our enemies today are human, like us. They posses inherent dignity that must be respected. However misguided they are, they are only trying to survive. If we can show them that we mean to help, I beleive they will allow us the opertunity.”

"Thank you, Mrs. Boulou, for your informing and respectful answers to the Society's questions. As Chancellor I do officially call upon a representative of the pirates so that their perspective may be equally understood. I remind the member nation of Benolia that they have the ability to question this representative, but may not engage in active argument with them as the deliberation of opinions will come after the inquiries. The official article for Societal Observation 001 shall be updated to reflect the actions so far taken and also the request of presence."

Societal Observation 001:
1oYB1U4.png

Societal Observation 001: On the Issue of Ereion Pirate Activity in Regard to the Infringement on Benolian Productivity

The Question at Hand: Does Benolia have just cause to capture pirates who have acted against them that do not hold citizenship within their nation and try them according to Benolian Law? Equally pressing, is Benolia's expansion of maritime territory within the Genovian Strait justified if it is for the capturing of pirate actors who have caused damage to Benolia's economic wellbeing and providing of basic goods to the citizens under their jurisdiction?

Inquisitive Actions of the Society:
1. The Society has requested the presence of a representative of the Benolian government in order for the full understanding of the situation to be realized.
2. The Society has questioned Mrs. Castalia Boulou of Benolia on the Benolian perspective.
3. Requested now is the presence of a representative of the opposing pirating faction for the purpose of understanding a contrary perspective.

This document will be updated as the acts of this society and the opinions of its member states begin to be formed.

Last edited:
An older man walks into the chamber looking around before he looks back to the door and nods. before another younger man wearing an Ereionese Admiral's jacket, complete with a series of medals and ribbons walks in spinning a cane slowly in his right hand. he stops in front of everyone and leans on the cane in front of him looking impatient as much as he does cold and serious.

"I will be representing myself, and my crews. SO: To what do I owe the pleasure of leaving the safety of my Humble Bay? Eh?"

"Mr. Vidales, there have been a number of discussions involving a possible resolution to the crisis in Ereion, but rarely is someone who has been directly effected by it brought in to provide input. I would like to ask you a few questions, if the members will permit me.

My first question is this: Are there any hostilities that the Ereionese feel towards Benolians? Perhaps resentment that we were unable to effectively step in and help Ereion prevent the collapse?"

Adonis tilted his head for a second before up-righting and nodding. "You helped us right until the government died, then your help stopped, or at least most of it did. Damn right we feel angry. You're waiting for ghosts to tell you its okay to airdrop food to the starving. You are waiting for a dead sovereignty to give you the okay to help feed a people it has no right to rule over anymore. That's like me asking the tides not to batter the shit out of my harbors during a hurricane."

he lifted his cane off the ground and pointed it to the Benolian.

Damn right there is hostility. You're not giving us what we need, We'll take it. And we don't give a shit what your ghost government says."

Application:

QWea4ZM.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Imperial Goyanean Federation​

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on behalf of the government and people of the Imperial Goyanean Federation, wishes to apply for membership in the ESHN. Goyanes finds membership in its interest, as well as the promotion and discussion of values and opinions that Goyanes thinks are important. In addition, Goyanes wishes to strengthen its international ties with Sutherland and partake in productive international relations with it.

Having said this, Goyanes wishes to join this venerable association. If there are questions relating to the membership application, please direct them to Ken Lorge, Foreign Minister.

“Mr. Vidales, speaking personally and not on behalf of my government, I must agree with you. It is silly to be waiting for the authorization of a remnant government to help our Levantine brothers and sisters in Ereion. I do not make policy, sir, but know that I will request that this requirment be done away with.

As for my second question: From what I have read, inland factions appear to be rather openly hostile for little reason other than to gain territory. Is there any hope that they will accept Benolian aid? If accepted, is it your opinion that this aid will help to lower hostilities?

As to the admission of Goyanes, they have Benolia’s full support.”

Sutherland votes in favor of Goyanes' admission validating the application. Goyanes is the fourth member of this Society of Nations.

Adonis put his cane down and stared at the Benolian representative and continued on in a monotone voice. "I will be perfectly clear here, Until we get the food we need, willfully by the Benolian people, or anyone else. My ships will continue to raid shipping along the strait and beyond, all the way to the shores of Craviter if need be if it means we stave off starvation for one more day. And we will respond appropriately to any pressure and measures to keep us away from our chances of survival. And mark my words as someone who is very much in this game to win. Ereion will only become whole with the victory of one faction, and the total defeat of all others. and I do not aim to die."

"Have you ever considered trying to entreat Benolia through more diplomatic channels? For instance, how do you know Benolia would not trade openly with you?"

"what have we got to trade exactly? dirt? there is no central body to keep infrastructure going, no organized distribution or anything like that. we are all scroungers.
And the bay doesn't make for good farmlands, and everything else in our territory is jungle. we just don't have the space. our only resource is our oil, and we need what little of that we have for our ships and vehicles."

"If Benolia could supply us the food and water we need to get by, raids on produce shipments can cease. if we can get other necessities, like clothes, blankets, generators petrol and the like the rest can also cease. if we had territories further inland we could also work on becoming self sufficient. But I doubt you would support us in that, regardless if we bring a form of law to the area or not." Adonis lifted his cane and twirled it a bit.
"The problems with supplying us with any of this stuff however, is there are no easily gotten resources in Ereion, not even food. the moment our enemies realize we have an abundance of a resource they need, the fragile peace will shatter like a porcelain plate against asphalt."

Application:
HhZaMbp.png

The Crowned Republic of Highton wishes to apply to be a member of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations. Purposes for application include a wish for closer ties with member nations and hope for a more peaceful Eras. The Crowned Republic believes ESHN shares similar ideals with Highton and participation in this society could benefit both the Crowned Republic and member nations.

Antonio Fernández
Secretary of International Affairs
The Crowned Republic of Highton

"Highton is granted observer status. If the Society deems the Crowned Republi is suited to the mission and ideals of this society, then they shall be granted membership in one week."

Back